Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus refuses to apologise

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
Alan Pardew???? ask ANY saints fan if they would have Pardew back, yes he won us the JPT and helped us on our way back, but he soon showed his flaws, he isn't a very good manager, Adkins will become a very good manager, you are scraping the barrel there twinky. Adkins is a legend at Southampton.

p.s. Feel free to post a link to back that up.

The time we start accepting lesson in class from a Southampton fan is the day I stop following football. Your club is about as classless as it gets in how it treats people, and greats from the past, so you really are in no position to talk about class. Most Albikn fans, however f***ing angry they are about last night, realise that we have a great manager who has taken us a long way in a short space of time, so has nothing to apologise for - end of.

And one last point, regardless, it has got absolutely nothing to do with you, NOTHING - and I will echo what everybody else says, f*** off back to your colouring-in set.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Alan Pardew???? ask ANY saints fan if they would have Pardew back, yes he won us the JPT and helped us on our way back, but he soon showed his flaws, he isn't a very good manager, Adkins will become a very good manager, you are scraping the barrel there twinky. Adkins is a legend at Southampton.

So it's you that's rattled, you two-faced charmless turd.

Time for you to go back to your self-abuse.

Jan 2, 2011
The time we start accepting lesson in class from a Southampton fan is the day I stop following football. Your club is about as classless as it gets in how it treats people, and greats from the past, so you really are in no position to talk about class. Most Albikn fans, however f***ing angry they are about last night, realise that we have a great manager who has taken us a long way in a short space of time, so has nothing to apologise for - end of.

And one last point, regardless, it has got absolutely nothing to do with you, NOTHING - and I will echo what everybody else says, f*** off back to your colouring-in set.
Please elaborate on your point regarding how Southampton FC treats its people and greats from the past?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I'm working tonight sadly, but i'll be at St Marys on Saturday thanks, i'm a ST holder.

HTH.

P.S. Are you aware how long it takes to get to Cardiff? if I was going it would not be necessary to leave yet....duh!
Seriously, why are you on here? A lot of your fans seem to bend over backwards to tell anyone who will listen that Southampton and Brighton are not rivals. And that is correct, we're not. We had one season of needle last season, but everybody else has left it there. So why are you on here behaving as if you're a Palace fan? We don't really care what you think, tbh. Imagine what you'd think if an Albion fan had left inflammatory drivel on saints chat after Pompey trounced you, 4-1 two seasons ago. Think about it, eh?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Gus said "we deserve to be top". Now we deserve to be fifth?

Simon Morgan

Oct 30, 2004
Oxford

How many games have Newcastle lost this season?

Gus doesn't take it well when we lose. Occasionally he will accept that the better team won (Leicester, Sheff W away last season) but sometimes he goes a bit over the top, like he did when slagging SCC off last season. Personally it makes me happy because it shows how passionate he is about our club, but I can see why oppo fans get riled by it and I can also see how some of his comments may come back to bite him in the arse. How many top managers are gracious in defeat anyway? Gus is a winner.

He has absolutely naff all to apologise for. No one should ever forget the amount he has done for this club.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I don't need Gus to say sorry to me. The best 'apology' he and the team can give is a win at Ipswich on Saturday, and another one at Selhurst.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
No apologies needed from manager or players and the fans should not be looking to get them either. We have been brilliant this season and last and sure this is a set back but it will only make us stronger. We should support them more than ever right now

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
If he was in total control maybe he should ask the players to try to win the ball back when we give away possession so easily.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
I don't think he understands. When you are in total control and it is your fault then you say sorry if you have been totally inept. If it isn't in your control and it happened by accident then you do not. The fans deserve something after watching that terrible display.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He should apologise as should the team. Playing three games is no excuse. They are professional sportsmen who get paid very well. Thay should have risen to the challenge and Gus should have made damn sure they did so. Utter shambles. When you collectively jizz something up as badly as that lot last night the whole f***ing lot of 'em should apologise. All of 'em. Including the groundsman and the line painters and the toilet attendants and the barmen. How do they f***ing sleep at night?.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I expect a card in the post from Gus saying OOOOOH MEADE I AM THE BIGGEST FOOL. HOW COULD I HAVE LET YOU, THE MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN THE WORLD, DOWN? OH WOE IS ME. And i expect a doodle from Sir Gus of him in the nude making love to a horse or a goat whilst he's riding a horse. Something humiliating. And a kiss atop his signature. Then, i will forgive him. Until then, we're not on speaking terms, which we weren't anyway considering how i am just some bloke who loves the Albion and will watch them whether they win, lose or draw and can't demand ridiculous statements from a stylish and decent professional who i'll forever be thankful for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here