Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
What, despite leading for 75 minutes? FFS.

It's all relative. Look where we were 2 years ago.

I personally think it's a bit of an odd thing to come out and say you wont apologise for what was one of the worst performances in a long long time. Maybe he should have kept quiet but he did not, he tempted such a reaction by saying he will not say sorry. If I had played a part in making someone feel like I do at the moment I'd apologise.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
He's got nothing to apologise for he's taken us from the depths of League 1 to 5th in the Championship in the space of 2 years playing some great football along the way, Even the greatest teams have bad games from time to time.
Spot on. I think it's the modern fan, they behave like spoilt children, expecting everything to always get better and better. Even now I'm reading comments with people saying "how much longer must we keep looking back for?" The answer is 'about another 100 years'. We've been a bog-standard lower-league club for nearly all of our history and this era is to be cherished. Even in the original 'glory years' we lost matches to Palace!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
certain players let Gus and the fans down and they are the ones who should apologise be that to Gus, the fans or their fellow players doesn't matter as long as they know it was an unacceptable performance

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If he apoogises, what changes? Will it make our performance last night better? No. Will it change the result? No. Will it show he recognises the fans are not happy, that the performance isn't good enough? Perhaps, but I think his comments that it wasn't good enough, that he is learning from it do that just as well.

It would be pointless and does nothing except undermine him.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How does Brighton beach compare to the beaches of Montevideo?
Anth Barlow, Swanage
I'm sorry, but I have to say the beaches at home are much better. We have very soft, white sand. I'm not such a fan of the big stones! I was used to living near the sea, so I like Brighton. I haven't been able to take the family to the beach yet: this summer was too complicated with my first pre-season here, the World Cup, my son starting at Charlton, but I will!

See, he can do it.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
You agree with me then?

Gus Poyet f***ed up last night against your bitter rivals, he owes the fans an apology as do the players, but that would take class....Poyet has none.

Bozza invites fans of other clubs for banter, so here's mine to you. You're a total prat.

Were you at the game? Do you know what happened? Or are you just blindly masturbating into your Pot Noodles in your three-week old underpants at the thought of (wrongly) believing you scored a cheap point on a place where you're not welcome?

You're wrong.

f*** off.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
The moment Gus starts pandering to the fans, we'll know he's lost the plot. You only have to spend 5 minutes on here reading some of the criticism/suggestions to realise that. I'd rather stuck by his own beliefs that have transformed the club. If he'd done what the attention-seekers wanted in the first place, we'd be playing hoof ball in League One.

To be honest, if I was Gus and someone asked whether I would apologise, I'd have been a lot less diplomatic than that, given all his achievements so far.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Maybe it's just me, but I'd like an apology. A simple and sincere sorry can go a long way.

whats he got to say sorry for he was not one of the 11 players on the pitch, he picked them and they have all played well before, but when it mattered they didnt turn up thats not gus fault, if ya want an apology ask the guys that played.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
whats he got to say sorry for he was not one of the 11 players on the pitch, he picked them and they have all played well before, but when it mattered they didnt turn up thats not gus fault, if ya want an apology ask the guys that played.

I agree with what you're saying, but it's a team effort I kind of see the manager as the leader of the team. And it is the managers job to coax good performances out of players.

Jan 2, 2011
Bozza invites fans of other clubs for banter, so here's mine to you. You're a total prat.

Were you at the game? Do you know what happened? Or are you just blindly masturbating into your Pot Noodles in your three-week old underpants at the thought of (wrongly) believing you scored a cheap point on a place where you're not welcome?

You're wrong.

f*** off.
LOL!!! yeah there's no way ive rattled you is there? just accept it you big f***ing tart, Poyet f***ed up, he should apologise and move on.....simple as that.

Jan 2, 2011
The manager is the figurehead, he carries the can, that has ALWAYS been the case, he should know that. The man lacks class, he's an arrogant prick, always was as a player to.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
I agree with what you're saying, but it's a team effort I kind of see the manager as the leader of the team. And it is the managers job to coax good performances out of players.

And he has been were 5th in the Championship, i dont see how he f***ed up like Saints is saying though?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here