Gus refuses to apologise

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
"I never say sorry. I don't say sorry to anyone. That is the easiest way to get away with a bad decision or situation. I don't like that. I say sorry when I do something I couldn't control. I was in total control, so I'm not going to say sorry to the fans or anyone."

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Why should he apologise? He tried his best I am sure. The team capitulated but that's football. I think he will be as gutted as we are anyway.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Brilliant words from Gus.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Don't think it's a question of him being sorry but there is a question about tactics. Are we too defensive at home and do we play too deeply? For me Greer needed to march the defence 15 yards up the pitch last night but instead we defended way too deep and against their front three, who were excellent, invited them to attack us. You have to give Palace credit for the way they played but you could see it coming a mile off last night...

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Should he write it in hs own blood and deliver it after crawling over broken glass in a sack cloth shirt?

Which bit of simple apology didn't you understand?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
He's got nothing to apologise for he's taken us from the depths of League 1 to 5th in the Championship in the space of 2 years playing some great football along the way, Even the greatest teams have bad games from time to time.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Apology? From the interview on Player he was steaming, the fact that half his team assumed we would win just by showing up isn't down to him so not sure he needs to apologise unless it's on their behalf

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
İbrahim Tatlıses;4416725 said:
I don't expect an apology, but it would be nice to hear something different from him. It's almost as if he doesn't know how much this game meant to the fans.

He made it very clear what he knew what it meant to the fans.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
İbrahim Tatlıses;4416725 said:
I don't expect an apology, but it would be nice to hear something different from him. It's almost as if he doesn't know how much this game meant to the fans.

I feel he knew what it meant.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Don't think it's a question of him being sorry but there is a question about tactics. Are we too defensive at home and do we play too deeply? For me Greer needed to march the defence 15 yards up the pitch last night but instead we defended way too deep and against their front three, who were excellent, invited them to attack us. You have to give Palace credit for the way they played but you could see it coming a mile off last night...

this exactly - also not sure about playing barnes in behind CMS - they looked up for it - we did for the first 20 minutes. Hate to say it but if we still had Glenn Murray we would be play off contenders. I thought we looked devoid of ideas for an hour which is a worry. Suprized not on. I know we play this nice passing style - but i think we need to get a big striker as a plan b. Calderon rested - please?

In Gus we trust.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
this exactly - also not sure about playing barnes in behind CMS - they looked up for it - we did for the first 20 minutes. Hate to say it but if we still had Glenn Murray we would be play off contenders. I thought we looked devoid of ideas for an hour which is a worry. Suprized not on. I know we play this nice passing style - but i think we need to get a big striker as a plan b. Calderon rested - please?

In Gus we trust.

***sorry surprized hoskins not on

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
IMO the players need to give 110% be it Palace or Burnley, makes no difference, obviously the defeat is so much harder to take but there are some in that team that need to take a look at themselves when taking this weeks wages

I'm sure Gus will kick ass big time, regardless of one or two mysteries (Calderon out, Noone off when represented our best chance to go 2 up)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I like this. Certainly a swipe at the players here:
Brighton manager Gus Poyet insisted he would have been happy with the 3-1 defeat to Crystal Palace had it been to any side other than the Eagles.
Albion's unbeaten league record at the new Amex Stadium was ended by their arch-rivals with former Brighton player Glenn Murray sealing the win in stoppage time.
"I'm sad because it was Palace, if it was any other team I would welcome this because it brings people back down to earth, because we are not as good as we looked in the table," said Poyet.
"As a team if you don't want to lose one game it's against Palace, but we did and we have to take it.
"But it's good for me, I learned more in this game than from games we win.
"I'm not happy for Palace but I'm happy for Glenn, he's a good lad. The problem is we cannot seem to play for 90 minutes. I started playing in 1992, and from then until now the game has always lasted 90 minutes."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports