***2013 Worlds Hardest Creature Competition...Om-nom-nom-nominations Thread***

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Now I understand the concept I nominate the Perentie Goanna. It attacks and eats Inland Taipans and King Brown Snakes, 2 of the worlds deadliest snakes. It can survive bites from both of those snakes.

Growing up to 2 metres in length it's been known to have the speed to run down a rabbit.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Now I understand the concept I nominate the Perentie Goanna. It attacks and eats Inland Taipans and King Brown Snakes, 2 of the worlds deadliest snakes. It can survive bites from both of those snakes.

Growing up to 2 metres in length it's been known to have the speed to run down a rabbit.

I second this little beaut. Why has it taken until WHC VI before its first entry into the ring?

Oh and the Cape Buffalo should be in it as well.

I second the cape buffalotoo. Hard beast, the Cape.

Oct 25, 2003
in so far:
Human
Cone Snail
Honey Badger
Cassowary
Hippo
Blue Krait
Crocodile
Wolverine
Orca
Silverback Gorilla
Bengal Tiger
Japanese Giant Hornet
Polar Bear
Black Mamba
Colossal Squid
Tiger Fish
Great White Shark
Komodo Dragon
Inland Taipan
Perentie
Cape Buffalo

needs seconding:
Wolf
Ant (needs to be more specific)
Blue Ringed Octopus
African Elephant
Box Jellyfish
Lachesis
Dog Whelk
Poison Dart Frog
Surinam Toad
Giraffe
Bombadier Beetle
Mongoose

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Can I have a punt on something a little different? Can I get any takers for the PISTOL SHRIMP?

The pistol shrimp's inherent hardness comes from the fact that it has an oversized claw that it can snap with such force that the pressure wave can kill small fish. How cool is that? That's superhero stuff.

Wiki details for the curious available here...

Alpheidae - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(I'm sorry. I'm using rubbish work I.T and it won't let me use the link function - you'll have to cut and paste).

Somebody join me in the campaign for pistol shrimp.

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
I'm sorry but you are all talking bollocks,a monkey with a machine gun could take out ANY of the aforementioned creatures/animals

images (8).jpg

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Seagull - An underdog no doubt, but just look at this eagle_vs_seagul____by_amazingicecoldchick-d4jeh6q.jpg
Zombie Bug (tree weta) - 'The tree weta is a mix between a giant cockroach, a cricket and everything that is wrong with the world. They typically live in holes in the ground, or crevices in trees, so thankfully they're one of those things that you can avoid by never going outside.
'It dies, and then it lives again.
It is undead.
That's right, zombies are technically real. God apparently didn't think they were freaky enough on their own, so he shaped them like giant cockroaches too.' The lad has STAMINA and it looks horrific 02.jpg

Immortal Jellyfish - Same deal. Cannot be killed. Just keeps on rebirthing. tumblr_m9j185MeoQ1rcmvwbo1_400.jpg Looks cool too.

Oct 25, 2003
in so far:
Human
Cone Snail
Honey Badger
Cassowary
Hippo
Blue Krait
Crocodile
Wolverine
Orca
Silverback Gorilla
Bengal Tiger
Japanese Giant Hornet
Polar Bear
Black Mamba
Colossal Squid
Tiger Fish
Great White Shark
Komodo Dragon
Inland Taipan
Perentie
Cape Buffalo
African Elephant
Surinam Toad
Mongoose
Pistol Shrimp

needs seconding:
Wolf
Ant (needs to be more specific)
Blue Ringed Octopus
Box Jellyfish
Lachesis
Dog Whelk
Poison Dart Frog
Giraffe
Bombadier Beetle
Seagull
Tree Weta
Immortal Jellyfish
Stingray
King Cobra

Oct 25, 2003
i need to do a bit of research about the immortal jellyfish....i seem to remember there being problems with it in past years, something to do with it technically being more than one creature

(that might of been the portuguese man o'war actually)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Portugese man o war is one creature made up of different oranisms, not sure about the immortal jellyfidh, never heard of it but I like it already

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports