Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***2013 Worlds Hardest Creature Competition...Om-nom-nom-nominations Thread***

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'll second the seagull. Ripped a portion of chips clean out of my hands once. No other animal has managed that.

And I nominate the human animal known as a woman with pmt.

I'll second the seagull. Ripped a portion of chips clean out of my hands once. No other animal has managed that.

And I nominate the human animal known as a woman with pmt.

I saw one spear a large chunk of coffee cake and fly off with it outside a seafront cafe in Eastbourne a year or so back. Seagull that is, not a woman with PMT.

Anyway back on track. The Saw Scaled Viper would be my nomination as it apparently kills more people each year than any other snake brand. Here is a picture of one. They tend to live near humans, who have a tendency to tread on them.

saw-scaled-viper--echis-carinatus.jpg

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Too many snakes on this for my liking.

I don't really class them as an animal.

But if they are included then an ant, specifically the Paraponera Ant (known as the Bullet Ant)

Paraponera is a genus of ant consisting of a single species, the so-called bullet ant (P. clavata), named on account of its powerful and potent sting, which is said to be as painful as being shot with a bullet. It inhabits humid lowland rainforests from Nicaragua south to Paraguay. The bullet ant is called by the locals “Hormiga Veinticuatro” or “24 (hour) ant”, from the 24 hours of pain that follow a stinging. Workers are 18–25 mm long and resemble stout, reddish-black, wingless wasps

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Tazmanian Devil Tasmanian-Devil.jpg

Largest Marsupial in Oz after outliving other species now extint
-Bite strong enough to crush bones
-Can devour almost anything

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Tazmanian Devil View attachment 38071

Largest Marsupial in Oz after outliving other species now extint
-Bite strong enough to crush bones
-Can devour almost anything

They can be ferocious little buggers, but thankfully they aren't bigger than Kangaroos,Wombats or Koalas!

Tassie Devils are about as big as a house cat in size.

I'll second the Tassie Devil as nothing else tends to go near the little psychopaths.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
The Inland Taipan's venom is 750 times more toxic than a Cobras, making the piddly 16 times of the Krait seem like a mosquito bite in comparison. Don't get treated for the bite and you'll be dead in a few hours.

I agree with you,however due to where the Inland Taipan tends to be found, there are very few humans, therefore the number of recorded fatalities are quite low. There are quite a few more venomous snakes, but again, due to location, the number of deaths are fairly low. That is why I opted for the Krait over other possible options.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Where did the seagull go? It was nominated and seconded.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
there are two more groups to come

I must learn to be more patient