Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***2013 Worlds Hardest Creature Competition...Om-nom-nom-nominations Thread***

Oct 25, 2003
And we're here again, it is time to begin the annual extravaganza of the Worlds Hardest Creature Competition

Normal rules apply for qualification...an animal must be nominated then SECONDED by another user

-the animal must be still active (ie not extinct) and all fictional creatures are banned
-this year the Polar Bear is allowed back in, as he has now missed 3 competitions and opinions have changed over time

Previous Winners

2007: Polar Bear
2008/9: Polar Bear
2010: Hippo
2011: Orca
2012: Black Mamba

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Honey badger

3065946839_959bbe03ff.jpg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Really? This shit again? Okay. I think this is a new entry and something f an underdog but I'm putting it in, I give you ....

THE CONE SNAIL

The cone snail’s harpoon is a modification of the radula, an organ in molluscs which acts as both tongue and teeth. The harpoon is hollow and barbed, and is attached to the tip of the radula inside the snail’s throat. When the snail detects a prey animal nearby, it turns its mouth – a long flexible tube called a proboscis – towards the prey. The harpoon is loaded with venom and, still attached to the radula, is fired from the proboscis into the prey by a powerful muscular contraction. The venom paralyzes small fish almost instantly. The snail then retracts the radula, drawing the subdued prey into the mouth. The cone snail’s bite is similar to a bee sting, but the larger species are responsible for 30 known cases of human death.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I think Honey Badger should be ruled out of this one, he's always gonna win and he's boring after 5 years of this.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Bengal Tiger
2400-1134.jpg

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
I think Honey Badger should be ruled out of this one, he's always gonna win and he's boring after 5 years of this.

Yet it hasn't won the title before!

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Yet it hasn't won the title before!

Has it not? Well, I'll be blowed. I never see the result actually, I just hear a lot about the honey badger. That being the case, retire him, he's no chance.

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
948918878_0b4799afdb_o.jpg

Blue Krait for me.

The Malayan or Blue Krait is, by far, the most deadly of this species. Found throughout South East Asia and Indonesia, 50% of bites from the deadly Blue Krait are fatal, even with the administration of antivenom. Kraits hunt and kill other snakes, even cannibalizing other Kraits. They are a nocturnal breed, and are more aggressive under the cover of darkness. However, overall they are quite timid and will often attempt to hide rather than fight. The venom is a neurotoxin, 16 times more potent than that of a Cobra. It quickly induces muscle paralysis by preventing the ability of nerve endings to properly release the chemical that sends the message to the next nerve. This is followed by a period of massive over excitation (cramps, tremors, spasms), which finally tails off to paralysis. Before the development of antivenin, the fatality rate was a whopping 85%. Even if antivenin is administered in time, you are far from assured survival. Death usually occurs within 6-12 hours of a Krait bite.

Attachments

• screen-shot-2011-03-30-at-10-58-19-am.jpg
    screen-shot-2011-03-30-at-10-58-19-am.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 52

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here