Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***2013 Worlds Hardest Creature Competition...Om-nom-nom-nominations Thread***

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
The Cassowary has to be included again as it is simply bat shit. Been know to ATTACK cars.

Seconded. Absolute lunatics.

About time the Cassowary made it into the latter stages of this - always a bit of a lively outsider (literally).

Kaiser_Soze

Who is Kaiser Soze??
Apr 14, 2008
View attachment 37992

Blue Krait for me.

The Malayan or Blue Krait is, by far, the most deadly of this species. Found throughout South East Asia and Indonesia, 50% of bites from the deadly Blue Krait are fatal, even with the administration of antivenom. Kraits hunt and kill other snakes, even cannibalizing other Kraits. They are a nocturnal breed, and are more aggressive under the cover of darkness. However, overall they are quite timid and will often attempt to hide rather than fight. The venom is a neurotoxin, 16 times more potent than that of a Cobra. It quickly induces muscle paralysis by preventing the ability of nerve endings to properly release the chemical that sends the message to the next nerve. This is followed by a period of massive over excitation (cramps, tremors, spasms), which finally tails off to paralysis. Before the development of antivenin, the fatality rate was a whopping 85%. Even if antivenin is administered in time, you are far from assured survival. Death usually occurs within 6-12 hours of a Krait bite.

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
On a Cassowary related note, has anyone played Far Cry 3? The island setting is home to many Cassowary who will attack your player character at any given opportunity

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I vote 2 on

a) The Blue Ringed Octopus (about the size of golf ball) -deadly venom and no known antidote.

Most bites cause minimal pain for the first 5-10 minutes then begin to throb and may get numb and involve the rest of the arm (or extremity) bitten.
Bleeding may be excessive. Numbness, nausea, vomiting, changes in vision, and difficulty swallowing follow on.
After approximately 10 minutes, the victim may have difficulty breathing, become paralyzed, and require artificial ventilation until they can be transported to a hospital. This is often preceded by numbness or loss of feeling around the lips and mouth. If medical care is not provided emergently, respiratory failure may occur, which may lead in cardiac arrest, and death.

b) Japanese Giant Hornet - enough said

Big_Bugs_5a.jpg

Oct 25, 2003
in so far:
Human
Cone Snail
Honey Badger
Cassowary
Hippo

needs seconding:
Wolf
Bengal Tiger
Colossal Squid (i presume)
Ant (needs to be more specific)
Crocodile
Blue Krait
Blue Ringed Octopus
Japanese Giant Hornet
Polar Bear
Orca
Black Mamba

i'm throwing in the previous winners (including a seconding for hippo)

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
African Elephant

The world’s largest land animal, elephants can be fiercely aggressive and have been known to trample even a rhinoceros or two to death. They seemingly have the capacity to display bouts of rage and have even engaged in activities that have been interpreted as vindictive, razing entire villages in the process.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Human surely but if we need a tag team partner I'd probably go Honey Badger. Will have to give this some thought and try to come up with an origional idea

JamesAndTheGiantHead

Sep 2, 2011
Worthing
What about that Frog that spunks all of its babies out of its own back?

Attenborough knows what I'm on about. It's f***ing disgusting and not at all dangerous, but fair play to the bastard. NAILS

I haven't actually watched the video I am about to post, as it makes me feel physically sick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here