Poison Dart Frog
Surinam Toad
Komodo Dragon

bennibenj

Mar 6, 2011
Sompting
I would like to nominate The Japanese Giant Hornet

gianthornet1.jpg

It's the size of your thumb and it can spray flesh-melting poison. We really wish we were making that up for, you know, dramatic effect because goddamn, what a terrible thing a three-inch acid-shooting hornet would be, you know? Oh, hey, did we mention it shoots it into your eyes? Or that the poison also has a pheromone cocktail in it that'll call every hornet in the hive to come over and sting you until you are no longer alive?

Read more: http://www.cracked.com/article_15816_the-5-most-horrifying-bugs-in-world.html

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I don't think I have the energy for this this year. We all know the honey badger should win, but we all know it won't.

Oh, and silverback gorillas shouldn't be in the competition. Cuddly hairy glorified monkeys.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Honey Badger IS the hardest creature in the world, whatever the competition ends up saying. Cassowary probably second for being bat shit mental enough to attack CARS. That's far better than anything the big fish do.

IndianaPaul

Kingdom Of Withdean
Dec 19, 2008
Second vote for the polar bear, but if we want someone to represent the human race, surely it's got to be chuck Norris. Competition over!

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
are fish allowed?

If so the Tiger Fish from the rivers in Botswana............if you saw River Monsters last night, you will know what i am talking about.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And we're here again, it is time to begin the annual extravaganza of the Worlds Hardest Creature Competition

Normal rules apply for qualification...an animal must be nominated then SECONDED by another user

-the animal must be still active (ie not extinct) and all fictional creatures are banned
-this year the Polar Bear is allowed back in, as he has now missed 3 competitions and opinions have changed over time

Previous Winners

2007: Polar Bear
2008/9: Polar Bear
2010: Hippo
2011: Orca
2012: Black Mamba

So which of these animals are actually BANNED then? I thought the idea was that we keep eliminating animals until the Honey Badger hasn't got any competition? ???

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Every year I nominate the Colossal Squid, and every year it is cruelly overlook in round one.

This is the year of the Colossal Squid!

[Please take this post as my nomination for the Colossal Squid - or secondment if it has already been mentioned]

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
View attachment 37992

Blue Krait for me.

The Malayan or Blue Krait is, by far, the most deadly of this species. Found throughout South East Asia and Indonesia, 50% of bites from the deadly Blue Krait are fatal, even with the administration of antivenom. Kraits hunt and kill other snakes, even cannibalizing other Kraits. They are a nocturnal breed, and are more aggressive under the cover of darkness. However, overall they are quite timid and will often attempt to hide rather than fight. The venom is a neurotoxin, 16 times more potent than that of a Cobra. It quickly induces muscle paralysis by preventing the ability of nerve endings to properly release the chemical that sends the message to the next nerve. This is followed by a period of massive over excitation (cramps, tremors, spasms), which finally tails off to paralysis. Before the development of antivenin, the fatality rate was a whopping 85%. Even if antivenin is administered in time, you are far from assured survival. Death usually occurs within 6-12 hours of a Krait bite.

The Inland Taipan's venom is 750 times more toxic than a Cobras, making the piddly 16 times of the Krait seem like a mosquito bite in comparison. Don't get treated for the bite and you'll be dead in a few hours.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Giraffe. Pure and simple, the Giraffe.

Anyone who watched Africa last night will know what I mean.

These things don't attack with their legs they use their neck!!! Amazingly hard bastards.

And they do it whilst looking like they couldnt give a shit. They also have a penis the size of their leg.

The giraffe.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
And they do it whilst looking like they couldnt give a shit. They also have a penis the size of their leg.

The giraffe.
The RIGHT WHALE has a pair of nadgers, each the size and weight of a WORK HORSE. How f***ing hard is that?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Inland Taipan's venom is 750 times more toxic than a Cobras, making the piddly 16 times of the Krait seem like a mosquito bite in comparison. Don't get treated for the bite and you'll be dead in a few hours.
Australia is home to the top ten most venemous snakes in the world. Although some of them are sea snakes, which obviously is a bit poofey.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
An Inland Taipan strike on a Honey Badger would kill the Badger in a short time. They only have some immunity to Cobra strikes, not other snake bites.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
An Inland Taipan strike on a Honey Badger would kill the Badger in a short time. They only have some immunity to Cobra strikes, not other snake bites.
Can an Inland Taipan kill a honey badger from a distance of 10,000km? If it can't, it's a bit of a moot point really isn't it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports