Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
WHAT shit? What actual "shit" have the Pompey fans had to endure, exactly? A relegation from the Premier League (which would have happened anyway)? A relegation from the Championship? Two FA Cup finals?

I think we can safely say that fans of Rochdale, or Barnet, or Hereford or Leyton Orient would chew their own arms off to experience such horrors as relegation from the Championship. Clubs get relegated. It has to happen or the leagues get boring. If the club had gone bust, sure, that might be a bummer for them. But if the absolute worst that happens is that they get relegated, well boo hoo, I can't say I give a flying one.

The absolute WORST thing about their scummy club is that, even AFTER their first administration, when their debts were quite clearly still massive, even after getting a CVA in place and promising to pay back all the little people that they ripped off; even AFTER dropping down to the Championship and promising they'd learned their lesson, what did they do? They went STRAIGHT out and started signing players like Kitson and Lawrence on (laughable) wages of £20,000 per week, saying they needed to speculate to accumulate. Which makes them utter scumbags in my book. None of the little creditors- the schools, the charities, the milkman- have been paid what they're owed, and all the while Dave Kitson lumbers around ineffectively, whinging and diving for 90 minutes a week and picking up his £80,000 per month pay cheque. All the while Tal Ben Haim performs a frankly embarrassing impression of a defender, safe in the knowledge that another £36,000 is dropping into his bank account every week. Somehow, that absolute shithouse of a club managed to come out of administration, start the season, and then re-enter administration with even bigger debts than the first time.

A club with any sense of shame or humility would have taken it on the chin first time round, would have sacked all the top earners and played the youth team if need be. Yes, they'd have been relegated, but hey, that was likely to happen anyway and at least they'd have had a clean slate. But Pompey couldn't bring themselves to do that, instead they went out and carried on paying wages way above what the likes of the Albion can afford to pay.

Now they're paying the price. What's the worst that can happen (for them anyway)? They go bust. They start a new club in non league, and within a few years they'll be back, and probably enjoying their football a whole lot more in the meantime. See AFC Wimbledon. Aldershot.

No, it's not the fans fault, but nor is it the fault of any other club's fans, all of whom have been mugged off by Pompey gambling (cheating) their way to success.

This. One of the best posts ever on NSC

Wasn't that their second administration? 1998 (I think it was) being their first?

Quite correct.

One tiny thing about Palace's last exit from administration was the way the CPFC 2010 selectively prioritised (some may say bribed) a section of the club's creditors and had this group not voted for the CVA then it would not have been approved.
In summary, the largest group of Palace creditors (amounting to 220ish pages on a 256 page listing) were their season ticket holders. Prior to the creditor's meeting where the CVA was voted on, CPFC2010 confirmed that if they became the new owners (ie the CVA was approved) then they would honour these tickets, meaning that unless you'd bought a hospitality package (cf 1901 club at the Amex) you'd lose nothing. Guess what happened when it came to a vote - yep - and all the non-STHs received a generous 1.9% of what they were owed, including HMRC where the unpaid VAT and PAYE was never Palace's money in the first place.
Buy a ticket to watch the Albion at Selhurst and line that lot's pockets - never.

Oct 25, 2003
Im not supporting the clubs financial situation,im supporting the Pompey fans who dont deserve all this shit, but maybe thats too much for you to comprehend.

what "shit"?! i bet they absolutely hated watching the likes of sol campbell, sully muntari, jermaine defoe, peter crouch, kevin prince-boateng etc. week in, week out...then winning the FA cup...bet that was f***ing horrible for them

they'll still have a club, it just won't be a league club....you may have noticed that many portsmouth fans are coming round to the idea of just "starting again"....with their fanbase they'll be back in the league fairly soon (they're a bigger club than wimbledon, for example) and they'll be free of all this shenanigans

nah, sorry, they've rolled their dice far too many times and lost for me to have any sympathy for that club....THEY JUST DON'T LEARN

the best thing for them would be to hit the "reset" button on this whole mess....the current portsmouth fc is just going to lurch from one disaster to the next

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
what "shit"?! i bet they absolutely hated watching the likes of sol campbell, sully muntari, jermaine defoe, peter crouch, kevin prince-boateng etc. week in, week out...then winning the FA cup...bet that was f***ing horrible for them

they'll still have a club, it just won't be a league club....you may have noticed that many portsmouth fans are coming round to the idea of just "starting again"....with their fanbase they'll be back in the league fairly soon (they're a bigger club than wimbledon, for example) and they'll be free of all this shenanigans

nah, sorry, they've rolled their dice far too many times and lost for me to have any sympathy for that club....THEY JUST DON'T LEARN

the best thing for them would be to hit the "reset" button on this whole mess....the current portsmouth fc is just going to lurch from one disaster to the next

Quite. I'd prefer the "shit" of two FA Cup finals and a few years in the Premier League to losing 7-1 on a Tuesday night at Huddersfield, or traipsing up to Hartlepool two seasons running to see us lose both times, or playing in front of 3,000 in the pissing rain at Withdean in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, or thinking relegation to League Two was a genuine possibility before Poyet arrived.

Oct 25, 2003
Quite. I'd prefer the "shit" of two FA Cup finals and a few years in the Premier League to losing 7-1 on a Tuesday night at Huddersfield, or traipsing up to Hartlepool two seasons running to see us lose both times, or playing in front of 3,000 in the pissing rain at Withdean in the Johnstone's Paint Trophy, or thinking relegation to League Two was a genuine possibility before Poyet arrived.

yep, at the end of the day we were in that situation because we cut our cloth accordingly........even though we basically had NO INCOME we still managed to stay afloat without going into administration, and this was while we were fighting the battle for falmer, paying legal costs, PR costs etc......all the time fans of clubs like palace and pompey were taking the piss out of us due to our lowly position (while they were in a falsely elevated position caused by spending money that they didn't have, despite having a vastly superior income to us)....i can even remember the time when we were outbid by a NON LEAGUE CLUB for a player (can't remember who), and being absolutely gutted when we couldn't afford the £50k (i think) needed to buy stephen hunt....£50k

"making plans for nigel" do you see why we don't have a great deal of sympathy for palace and pompey after putting up with this between 1997 and 2011?

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
what shit? What actual "shit" have the pompey fans had to endure, exactly? A relegation from the premier league (which would have happened anyway)? A relegation from the championship? Two fa cup finals?

I think we can safely say that fans of rochdale, or barnet, or hereford or leyton orient would chew their own arms off to experience such horrors as relegation from the championship. Clubs get relegated. It has to happen or the leagues get boring. If the club had gone bust, sure, that might be a bummer for them. But if the absolute worst that happens is that they get relegated, well boo hoo, i can't say i give a flying one.

The absolute worst thing about their scummy club is that, even after their first administration, when their debts were quite clearly still massive, even after getting a cva in place and promising to pay back all the little people that they ripped off; even after dropping down to the championship and promising they'd learned their lesson, what did they do? They went straight out and started signing players like kitson and lawrence on (laughable) wages of £20,000 per week, saying they needed to speculate to accumulate. Which makes them utter scumbags in my book. None of the little creditors- the schools, the charities, the milkman- have been paid what they're owed, and all the while dave kitson lumbers around ineffectively, whinging and diving for 90 minutes a week and picking up his £80,000 per month pay cheque. All the while tal ben haim performs a frankly embarrassing impression of a defender, safe in the knowledge that another £36,000 is dropping into his bank account every week. Somehow, that absolute shithouse of a club managed to come out of administration, start the season, and then re-enter administration with even bigger debts than the first time.

A club with any sense of shame or humility would have taken it on the chin first time round, would have sacked all the top earners and played the youth team if need be. Yes, they'd have been relegated, but hey, that was likely to happen anyway and at least they'd have had a clean slate. But pompey couldn't bring themselves to do that, instead they went out and carried on paying wages way above what the likes of the albion can afford to pay.

Now they're paying the price. What's the worst that can happen (for them anyway)? They go bust. They start a new club in non league, and within a few years they'll be back, and probably enjoying their football a whole lot more in the meantime. See afc wimbledon. Aldershot.

No, it's not the fans fault, but nor is it the fault of any other club's fans, all of whom have been mugged off by pompey gambling (cheating) their way to success.

bang on

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I think a lot of our frustratin and disregard for certain clubs are based on the impact of how playing fair impacted us. We did not spend a f***ing bean on improving players for years. When we returned to the championship in 2005 we had a budget lower than 10 clubs in league 2.

We were too busy trying to cover the costs of playing in a dump. It meant that we had a squad that were not able to compete. In parallel we had to listen to the likes of the Pompey fans lording it over all and sundry announcing their arrival in the big boys tournament in Europe.

So when we read that drivel on the Palace boards about how you have been above us for so long it does grate. We could have followed your example or that of Pompey. We could have thought sod it - let's just disregard running the club with financial survival in mind and have a barnstorming few seasons paying players that we cant actually afford.

So yes - f*** Portsmouth. They benefited from what is pretty much fraud. So f*** them and their cave-dwelling fans.

And yes Nigel - f*** you and your claims of being a big club for o many years.

And yes - f*** you for calling people who have returned to the Albion in their drives 'plastic'.

WE have waited a long time and gone through huge pain over the years watching dire football in a dire ground simply becuase we had to survive and keep the club afloat in a fair and proper manner.

Now we have some hope and some potentially good times ahead.

f*** off back to that crumbling shit heap and your 8,000 other Nigel's and lets see where the next 10 years takes us both.

I have no desire for you lot to go under and never have - I hope you sort yourselves out in the right way. But as for Portsmouth they can sink down to Sunday morning pub football for all I care as they deserve exactly what they are getting now. f***ed. Just like they have f***ed every single local business and creditor.

WHAT shit? What actual "shit" have the Pompey fans had to endure, exactly? A relegation from the Premier League (which would have happened anyway)? A relegation from the Championship? Two FA Cup finals?

I think we can safely say that fans of Rochdale, or Barnet, or Hereford or Leyton Orient would chew their own arms off to experience such horrors as relegation from the Championship. Clubs get relegated. It has to happen or the leagues get boring. If the club had gone bust, sure, that might be a bummer for them. But if the absolute worst that happens is that they get relegated, well boo hoo, I can't say I give a flying one.

The absolute WORST thing about their scummy club is that, even AFTER their first administration, when their debts were quite clearly still massive, even after getting a CVA in place and promising to pay back all the little people that they ripped off; even AFTER dropping down to the Championship and promising they'd learned their lesson, what did they do? They went STRAIGHT out and started signing players like Kitson and Lawrence on (laughable) wages of £20,000 per week, saying they needed to speculate to accumulate. Which makes them utter scumbags in my book. None of the little creditors- the schools, the charities, the milkman- have been paid what they're owed, and all the while Dave Kitson lumbers around ineffectively, whinging and diving for 90 minutes a week and picking up his £80,000 per month pay cheque. All the while Tal Ben Haim performs a frankly embarrassing impression of a defender, safe in the knowledge that another £36,000 is dropping into his bank account every week. Somehow, that absolute shithouse of a club managed to come out of administration, start the season, and then re-enter administration with even bigger debts than the first time.

A club with any sense of shame or humility would have taken it on the chin first time round, would have sacked all the top earners and played the youth team if need be. Yes, they'd have been relegated, but hey, that was likely to happen anyway and at least they'd have had a clean slate. But Pompey couldn't bring themselves to do that, instead they went out and carried on paying wages way above what the likes of the Albion can afford to pay.

Now they're paying the price. What's the worst that can happen (for them anyway)? They go bust. They start a new club in non league, and within a few years they'll be back, and probably enjoying their football a whole lot more in the meantime. See AFC Wimbledon. Aldershot.

No, it's not the fans fault, but nor is it the fault of any other club's fans, all of whom have been mugged off by Pompey gambling (cheating) their way to success.

Oh, come on you two... get off the fence!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I actually love you a little bit.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Quite correct.

One tiny thing about Palace's last exit from administration was the way the CPFC 2010 selectively prioritised (some may say bribed) a section of the club's creditors and had this group not voted for the CVA then it would not have been approved.
In summary, the largest group of Palace creditors (amounting to 220ish pages on a 256 page listing) were their season ticket holders. Prior to the creditor's meeting where the CVA was voted on, CPFC2010 confirmed that if they became the new owners (ie the CVA was approved) then they would honour these tickets, meaning that unless you'd bought a hospitality package (cf 1901 club at the Amex) you'd lose nothing. Guess what happened when it came to a vote - yep - and all the non-STHs received a generous 1.9% of what they were owed, including HMRC where the unpaid VAT and PAYE was never Palace's money in the first place.
Buy a ticket to watch the Albion at Selhurst and line that lot's pockets - never.

There you go Edna-another couple of sticks for you. :D

I'm with you Alex, Alex. That shitty club will not get another penny from me after the way they continued to treat us. f*** 'em.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
yep, at the end of the day we were in that situation because we cut our cloth accordingly........even though we basically had NO INCOME we still managed to stay afloat without going into administration, and this was while we were fighting the battle for falmer, paying legal costs, PR costs etc......all the time fans of clubs like palace and pompey were taking the piss out of us due to our lowly position (while they were in a falsely elevated position caused by spending money that they didn't have, despite having a vastly superior income to us)....i can even remember the time when we were outbid by a NON LEAGUE CLUB for a player (can't remember who), and being absolutely gutted when we couldn't afford the £50k (i think) needed to buy stephen hunt....£50k

"making plans for nigel" do you see why we don't have a great deal of sympathy for palace and pompey after putting up with this between 1997 and 2011?

Absolutely this! Superb post.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I do LOVE a good Pompey RANT :lolol: :clap:

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Sadly you wern't at the recent Pompey game at the Amex but if you were you would have had the pleasure of seeing the bloke with the bell baring his arse and making homophobic gestures to the kids in the family stand, whilst being cheered on by a large proportion of his fellow supporters. That certainly endeared them to most of us.

As far as the club itself until very recently not a peep of protest has eminated from that lot along the coast. Where were the petitions to the FA, Downing Street, organising protest marches, publicising what was going on. Nothing!

While we all appreciate that your club has turned cheating into an art form, I would have thought that even you would see that the fate of Pompey could have been helped considerably by their fans actually doing something, but no they just sat back and waited for yet another white horse to come lumbering over the horizon bearing untold riches.

To be honest Portsmouth FC represent all that is wrong with football in general and several clubs, yours included, in particular.

I hope they get liquidated. Then the true fans, which you seem so keen to support, can get off their backsides and start afresh with a club untainted by recent events. At that time I suspect they will have mine and a lot of other peoples support. Until that happens sod them.

Excellent post. Sums it up perfectly.

To add one supporting detail, I spoke with some Pompey fans pre-match in Brighton this season and asked them what they would do if they could turn back time.

They said they wouldn't take financial stability in place of their FA Cup and games against Milan etc. That coupled with other Pompey supporters' shameless gloating and arrogant lack of humility lead me to join the "Cheerio Club".

To the decent Pompey fans: you should have done more and have your coub's previous owners and your fellow fans to thank. What you've suffered is par for the course...we should know, though we DID fight for our club.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Great Stuff on this thread, some real truths (or near truths) being rolled out why we hate Palace and for some of us even more so Portsmouth. I knew some Portsmouth fans who lorded it over us when we played at Withdean and they were in their F.A Cup final seasons.How they smirked at our small attendances and woeful football. I explained we were homeless and had not a bean to spend on players but we were happy just to watch our team in Brighton after trekking to Gillingham for 2 seasons. I also warned them at the time of the dangers of living beyong their means and how Mr Rednapp had left every club he had been to in financial ruin. I like them could not believe they were buying the sevices of Kanu, Defoe, Crouch. All this expenditure on inflated wages to BUY the F.A Cup has left them millions in debt owing small local business their livelyhood...................TWICE.
I too have little sympathy for some of the Portsmouth fans!

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
'They' did this, 'they' did that, and therefore need slaughtering. Fact is though that 'they' , namely their dodgy crooked owners have all long since gone.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
'They' did this, 'they' did that, and therefore need slaughtering. Fact is though that 'they' , namely their dodgy crooked owners have all long since gone.

But their supporters remain. Many of whom are fecking horrible to be honest. I had the joy of being in the south end of the East Stand when we played them this season and that confirmed it. As for the Club and its owners, who made the decision to pay the wages they've been paying this season if the dodgy owners have 'long since gone'?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here