Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Jan 12, 2012
I agree entirely - in an ideal world their demise would be very noisy and very messy.

Using a football club as a vehicle for money laundering should never be condoned. To allow it to happen repeatedly and over a protracted period is inexcusable and if the football authorities feel powerless to act then there is always the hope that natural justice might prevail. With Chanrai "promising" to resume control in order to recover the money he feels the club owes him there is at least the pleasing prospect that their continued demise will be both protracted and very public. Of course, lest I be accused of being heartless, I do have some regrets................................ I feel truly sorry for anyone who is fooled into feeling any sympathy for Portsmouth Football Club which at last appears to be reaping what it sowed.
What were the authorities doing when they passed the owners fit and proper ? They must be accountable for allowing the takeovers. Pompey have a bit of a reputation over the years, I've seen them enough over the years to know they've got a right nasty element, but surely you can't want them to die because the freak with the bell showed you his arse and they called you a load of poofters?

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
What were the authorities doing when they passed the owners fit and proper ? They must be accountable for allowing the takeovers. Pompey have a bit of a reputation over the years, I've seen them enough over the years to know they've got a right nasty element, but surely you can't want them to die because the freak with the bell showed you his arse and they called you a load of poofters?

Some of us want them to liquidate. Personally I'd rather they limped along and had a miserable season in League 1, followed by relegation.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset

Why are the FA or the FL responsible for Portsmouth being owned and run by a bunch of crooks? That is Portsmouth's responsibility and unless they actually have linked criminal convictions there is nothing anyone else can do. The FL act on information given to them by the club who have sole responsibility for due diligence. Portsmouth Football Club's woes are their own responsibility and no-one else's.

Unsurprised that you then sink to the same depths as the average Pompey fan and seek to win your argument by resorting to homophobic abuse. I do sometimes wonder if that isn't a sign of insecurity and guilt surrounding your own sexual orientation.

Jan 12, 2012
Why are the FA or the FL responsible for Portsmouth being owned and run by a bunch of crooks? That is Portsmouth's responsibility and unless they actually have linked criminal convictions there is nothing anyone else can do. The FL act on information given to them by the club who have sole responsibility for due diligence. Portsmouth Football Club's woes are their own responsibility and no-one else's.

Unsurprised that you then sink to the same depths as the average Pompey fan and seek to win your argument by resorting to homophobic abuse. I do sometimes wonder if that isn't a sign of insecurity and guilt surrounding your own sexual orientation.

Don't be such a wet blanket! I'm not abusing anyone,don't be such a drama queen. Of course I'm not blaming the FA for pompeys demise,im mearly saying what are this panel doing ? And if they've been given false information, why don't they charge the owners with withholding information? Sorry for calling you a queen, I'm not suggesting you're anything but straight and 100% masculine.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Don't be such a wet blanket! I'm not abusing anyone,don't be such a drama queen. Of course I'm not blaming the FA for pompeys demise,im mearly saying what are this panel doing ? And if they've been given false information, why don't they charge the owners with withholding information? Sorry for calling you a queen, I'm not suggesting you're anything but straight and 100% masculine.

You come on here and make homophobic remarks but of course it's all in good fun and therefore perfectly okay - oh yeah, and it's my fault anyway for being easily offended. Go do one :nono:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Of course it was meant as a joke! If I offended you, I apologise for any offence caused.

Of course it was meant as a joke.........................but it wasn't - it was blatantly homophobic and demonstrates precisely how far we still have to go to kick homophobia out of our society - all the time people can say whatever they please and then shrug it off (and have it accepted) as "a funny" nothing will change

Jan 12, 2012
Of course it was meant as a joke.........................but it wasn't - it was blatantly homophobic and demonstrates precisely how far we still have to go to kick homophobia out of our society - all the time people can say whatever they please and then shrug it off (and have it accepted) as "a funny" nothing will change

When some of you tell me to f**k off back to your burnt out town, you cheating pikey scum, I just see it as banter and laugh it off. I don't get upset or hurt, if it's right to abuse someone for his support of another team ? of course not, but I wouldn't want it any other way.

Feb 14, 2010
I dont want Pompey to fold, as I wouldn't want palace to fold. But administration should mean automatic relegation and they should also have to then sell all their players or else give up their registration, and then start from scratch. Or else you get a palace situation. One minute they have the begging bowl out, the next they boast that they have a player they value at £millions. For Brighton fans is just amazing that some clubs also go from administration to administration, but still keep their ground. Not a luxury that we were ever afforded.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Just seen a Pompey mate's Facebook status about Manchester City:
“One premier league title bought, just got to go spend more money and buy the champions league next.”

Last edited:

Jan 12, 2012
I dont want Pompey to fold, as I wouldn't want palace to fold. But administration should mean automatic relegation and they should also have to then sell all their players or else give up their registration, and then start from scratch. Or else you get a palace situation. One minute they have the begging bowl out, the next they boast that they have a player they value at £millions. For Brighton fans is just amazing that some clubs also go from administration to administration, but still keep their ground. Not a luxury that we were ever afforded.

Until the league changes the rules on administration, this will carry on. I'm not proud of our 2 administrations, it was a horrible time not knowing if I would have a club to support, and that's why I'll always support other clubs fans going through it, even if it was your lot !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
When some of you tell me to f**k off back to your burnt out town, you cheating pikey scum, I just see it as banter and laugh it off. I don't get upset or hurt
Because saying someone's town is burnt out is not offensive to any sections of our society. Calling people pikeys is closer to offensive, but it is used in the same way chav is used, so really not something you should be offended by.

The one-twat campaign for an away end continues.
:lol:

No away end, ever. As long as someone does continually cross the line, allow them in, man up and enjoy the banter. Insisting all fans go elsewhere is so pathetic.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
man up and enjoy the banter. Insisting all fans go elsewhere is so pathetic.

Oh bollocks to all this 'man up' crap. This homophobic Palace fan shows very well why we need an away end. Because as soon as they join in with even a subject unrelated to Palace it becomes the usual argument. This thread is less about Pompey now and just about Palace (yet again).

It would be nice, just for once, to discuss things with like-minded Brighton fans without Palace fans butting in and causing a distraction or an argument about administration. Is that too much to ask?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here