Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It would be nice, just for once, to discuss things with like-minded Brighton fans without Palace fans butting in and causing a distraction or an argument about administration. Is that too much to ask?
It's a fair point of view. I wouldn't want to lose away fans from the forum. We're all guilty of being off topic here though, isn't that the real problem? And if it were away fans repeatedly going OT, they could be warned and banned for that. I still want them on our forum.

cyrilthesinik

Oct 15, 2011
If anyone has sympathy for Pompey then they have never been to or anywhere near the dump that is Pompey. Their fans are knuckle dragging in breds, they deserve no sympathy..none what so ever. Having lived and worked with them all my adult life and having to put up with them I hope they fall into the abyss never to return. Hate is a strong word but I hate Pompey partly because of what they have done to local companies but mostly 98% because of their fans...total utter scum!

Jan 12, 2012
I commented on this thread purely because I wanted to counter the let them die attitude. Just because I don't worship at the church of Gus, it shouldn't mean I should be banished to a away end. I sail close to the wind and can be a bit cheeky at times, but I don't feel I'm offensive, if I were, I would have had a warning by now don't you think ?

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
I commented on this thread purely because I wanted to counter the let them die attitude. Just because I don't worship at the church of Gus, it shouldn't mean I should be banished to a away end. I sail close to the wind and can be a bit cheeky at times, but I don't feel I'm offensive, if I were, I would have had a warning by now don't you think ?

i think you are just lovely nigel:kiss:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

And you have commented on this thread how many times now? If you had just made a comment and left it at that it wouldn't be half as irritating.

No-one said you were particularly offensive although your latent homophobia can't help but surface, I notice. The one thing that really pisses me off about you is that you don't seem to be able to grasp that you have outstayed your welcome. You post...and then you keep posting the same shite and inevitably the thread deteriorates into the usual 'banter' bullshit. It's really annoying.

BTW "Away Ends" are precisely for people who don't pray at the church of Gus. Are you that stupid that you can't see that?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
It would be nice, just for once, to discuss things with like-minded Brighton fans without Palace fans butting in and causing a distraction or an argument about administration. Is that too much to ask?

Yes, it is. Even if away fans were eliminated from the big board, threads would go off topic, people would bring threads round to their own favoured arguments. What is he point of a discussion board if you only let like minded people in on the discussion? It stops being a discussion and becomes a dull murmurring of everyone saying "yeah, I agree" "this".

There are brighton fans who are repetitive, abusive, add nothing to the threads they post in, there are away fans who are fair minded, eloquent, and contribute to the conversation.

Setting up an away end will not change the fact that threads go off topic and descend into fights.

If any poster, away fan or brighton fan, starts being abusive report them, and the mods will take the appropriate action.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Yes, it is. Even if away fans were eliminated from the big board, threads would go off topic, people would bring threads round to their own favoured arguments. What is he point of a discussion board if you only let like minded people in on the discussion? It stops being a discussion and becomes a dull murmurring of everyone saying "yeah, I agree" "this".

There are brighton fans who are repetitive, abusive, add nothing to the threads they post in, there are away fans who are fair minded, eloquent, and contribute to the conversation.

Setting up an away end will not change the fact that threads go off topic and descend into fights.

If any poster, away fan or brighton fan, starts being abusive report them, and the mods will take the appropriate action.

Disagree. Yes, threads go off topic but I would like to discuss subjects with fellow Brighton fans without Palace muppets getting involved and unlike with fellow Brighton fans you can guarantee that an argument between a Palace troll and a Brighton fan will always descend into the same 2 or 3 arguments that I've read time and time and time again.

Other boards manage it well where as soon as the away fans start up their crap banter they get moved and therein lies the perfect answer. By all means join in with the debate but keep the away banter to a particular section.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I think a lot of our frustratin and disregard for certain clubs are based on the impact of how playing fair impacted us. We did not spend a f***ing bean on improving players for years. When we returned to the championship in 2005 we had a budget lower than 10 clubs in league 2.

We were too busy trying to cover the costs of playing in a dump. It meant that we had a squad that were not able to compete. In parallel we had to listen to the likes of the Pompey fans lording it over all and sundry announcing their arrival in the big boys tournament in Europe.

So when we read that drivel on the Palace boards about how you have been above us for so long it does grate. We could have followed your example or that of Pompey. We could have thought sod it - let's just disregard running the club with financial survival in mind and have a barnstorming few seasons paying players that we cant actually afford.

So yes - f*** Portsmouth. They benefited from what is pretty much fraud. So f*** them and their cave-dwelling fans.

And yes Nigel - f*** you and your claims of being a big club for o many years.

And yes - f*** you for calling people who have returned to the Albion in their drives 'plastic'.

WE have waited a long time and gone through huge pain over the years watching dire football in a dire ground simply becuase we had to survive and keep the club afloat in a fair and proper manner.

Now we have some hope and some potentially good times ahead.

f*** off back to that crumbling shit heap and your 8,000 other Nigel's and lets see where the next 10 years takes us both.

I have no desire for you lot to go under and never have - I hope you sort yourselves out in the right way. But as for Portsmouth they can sink down to Sunday morning pub football for all I care as they deserve exactly what they are getting now. f***ed. Just like they have f***ed every single local business and creditor.

Brilliant post - spot on.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
what will happen to the 657, not another rail time table adjustment.

Docker Hughes is dead, god rest his idiot soul, and with it no doubt the 657 (which BTW WAS a train schedule - thats where the name came from).

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean

You have spent a significant amount of time on our board - why don't you wind your f***ing neck in.

Jan 12, 2012
And you have commented on this thread how many times now? If you had just made a comment and left it at that it wouldn't be half as irritating.

No-one said you were particularly offensive although your latent homophobia can't help but surface, I notice. The one thing that really pisses me off about you is that you don't seem to be able to grasp that you have outstayed your welcome. You post...and then you keep posting the same shite and inevitably the thread deteriorates into the usual 'banter' bullshit. It's really annoying.

BTW "Away Ends" are precisely for people who don't pray at the church of Gus. Are you that stupid that you can't see that?

That's my point, don't create an away end ! It's a discussion board, why would you want people who don't share your point of view banished? I don't expect to be welcomed with open arms, but if you don't like what I say, don't reply to me, it's not rocket science is it ?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
why would you want people who don't share your point of view banished?

Because you're repetitive, the threads always descend into the same bollocks and I've already explained all this, haven't I? Please don't bother replying to me, it will be in vain. I'm out of NSC for tonight as you're too f***ing stupid to grasp what I've just written and I don't think there's anything in this world short of you getting a life that will make you shut the f*** up.

D

Deleted member 2719

If anyone has sympathy for Pompey then they have never been to or anywhere near the dump that is Pompey. Their fans are knuckle dragging in breds, they deserve no sympathy..none what so ever. Having lived and worked with them all my adult life and having to put up with them I hope they fall into the abyss never to return. Hate is a strong word but I hate Pompey partly because of what they have done to local companies but mostly 98% because of their fans...total utter scum!

I would actually go to 99% because of their fans.
:thumbsup:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
That's my point, don't create an away end ! It's a discussion board, why would you want people who don't share your point of view banished? I don't expect to be welcomed with open arms, but if you don't like what I say, don't reply to me, it's not rocket science is it ?

An away end would be discriminatory to Nigels and the other detritus who post on NSC.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The one thing that really pisses me off about you is that you don't seem to be able to grasp that you have outstayed your welcome. You post...and then you keep posting the same shite and inevitably the thread deteriorates into the usual 'banter' bullshit. It's really annoying.
This. f*** off back to the BBS Nigel you bore.

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Just been announced on the Portsmouth Evening News that the previous owner Chainrai has submitted a bid to take them over again.

Reading the paper it looks like he's going to be the only bid and if its accepted by the creditors, (which he is a majority creditor), then off they go again.

The only stumbling block might be that the Football League have to agree the 'fit & proper person' test. But as it seems you only have to be warm and breathing he should sail through that like a breeze!

Apparently he is still owed about £18m and feels that by taking them over again he might get his hands on parachute payments, etc. Once he's got most of his cash from this and other asset stripping he'll be off.

Lets hope the Football League at least hit them with a mighty points deduction and continues the embago on signing players at the very least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports