Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

krakatoa

Jan 21, 2010
HOVE
But their supporters remain. Many of whom are fecking horrible to be honest. I had the joy of being in the south end of the East Stand when we played them this season and that confirmed it. As for the Club and its owners, who made the decision to pay the wages they've been paying this season if the dodgy owners have 'long since gone'?
They're obliged to pay them under the terms of their ridiculous contracts, some from a few seasons back. And no club, us included, are without some moronic fans.

Martinf

SeenTheBlue&WhiteLight
Mar 13, 2008
Lewes
They're obliged to pay them under the terms of their ridiculous contracts, some from a few seasons back. And no club, us included, are without some moronic fans.

You wont convince me but respect your point of view. I've been to too many games against them, both home and away, to change my old git 'I hate them' stance!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Just die PFC, and die quietly.

Please no....................

After reading that I so much want them to die a long, slow, excruciatingly painful and screamingly loud death so that I can gain maximum pleasure from the event. :lol:

On a serious note I see from their local paper that they are encouraging clubs to come in and buy their players as quickly as possible or risk "losing out". Now with the greatest respect I can understand their need to offload the inflated wage earners as quickly as possible but it's hard to see anyone taking any interest in the likes of Ben Haim, Kitson, Kanu, Benjani or the rest who are earning premier league wages. Leeds are rumoured to be interested in matching Joel Ward's current wages which surprises me - not because he isn't a decent player but because he is yet another player earning more than can realistically be justified. They also seem to be hoping that Birmingham might buy Huskelepp off them but seem to have missed the news that Birmingham can't sign anyone until they can file some accounts - another club in serious trouble. Forget a fans' buy out...... unless they can persuade players to cancel their contracts and forego unpaid wages due, then the only place Portsmouth are going is down the tubes fast! Surely it is time to start the debate that really matters............ can they aspire to start next season in the Ryman South or is the Hampshire County League a more realistic option?

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
Please no....................

After reading that I so much want them to die a long, slow, excruciatingly painful and screamingly loud death so that I can gain maximum pleasure from the event. :lol:

On a serious note I see from their local paper that they are encouraging clubs to come in and buy their players as quickly as possible or risk "losing out". Now with the greatest respect I can understand their need to offload the inflated wage earners as quickly as possible but it's hard to see anyone taking any interest in the likes of Ben Haim, Kitson, Kanu, Benjani or the rest who are earning premier league wages. Leeds are rumoured to be interested in matching Joel Ward's current wages which surprises me - not because he isn't a decent player but because he is yet another player earning more than can realistically be justified. They also seem to be hoping that Birmingham might buy Huskelepp off them but seem to have missed the news that Birmingham can't sign anyone until they can file some accounts - another club in serious trouble. Forget a fans' buy out...... unless they can persuade players to cancel their contracts and forego unpaid wages due, then the only place Portsmouth are going is down the tubes fast! Surely it is time to start the debate that really matters............ can they aspire to start next season in the Ryman South or is the Hampshire County League a more realistic option?

Can't they just merge with Havant and Waterlooville and rename it Havant a Football League Team Anymore

Jan 12, 2012
Well done. You're coming to terms with that at last.

Nigel, you're irritating! I actually find myself quite liking you and your posts. And THAT is absolutely morally wrong!

We've come to terms with our shafting, it's a shame others won't accept their shame. BTW, ive heard it was nearer a third of a £ !!!

I'm sure you do, theres nothing worse then shafting local companies is there ?

Once is bad enough, although many clubs are having to do just this to survive and I can almost live with that.
Twice is pretty unforgiveable, although I am aware that your 2nd was due solely to Jordan's entire fortune being wiped out overnight and was not outrageous contracts and such like.

But THREE times? Three times for the same reasons, chasing the Premiership dream, paying players they could not afford, signing players who would NEVER have gone there for any other reason than money.

They sacrificed themselves for a few years of "glory". f*** em, let them die.

Gangsta

Jul 6, 2003
Withdean
I heard it was going to be Porterloo Town.

Nice one. I'd be happy with either. I think the FA should make it a punishment that any reformed team (after having ripped off HMRC, local companies etc) have to play under the name chosen by their nearest rivals. Wouldn't it be great to see Catholic Bumboys playing in Scottish League One next year.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The only good thing about that Pompey site is that there is a free vote on which league you think Pompey will be playing in next season, starting with League One, and going down through Conference, Conference South, Southern League, Wessex League or no League at all. Anyone can vote. Here's the link.

I was sympathetic to their plight. I voted for the Wessex League. I strongly urge you all to get on there and vote for any of the options other than League One :thumbsup:

Portsmouth | truebluearmy.com

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
Morally wrong Phillip !

I agree entirely - in an ideal world their demise would be very noisy and very messy.

Using a football club as a vehicle for money laundering should never be condoned. To allow it to happen repeatedly and over a protracted period is inexcusable and if the football authorities feel powerless to act then there is always the hope that natural justice might prevail. With Chanrai "promising" to resume control in order to recover the money he feels the club owes him there is at least the pleasing prospect that their continued demise will be both protracted and very public. Of course, lest I be accused of being heartless, I do have some regrets................................ I feel truly sorry for anyone who is fooled into feeling any sympathy for Portsmouth Football Club which at last appears to be reaping what it sowed.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
The only good thing about that Pompey site is that there is a free vote on which league you think Pompey will be playing in next season, starting with League One, and going down through Conference, Conference South, Southern League, Wessex League or no League at all. Anyone can vote. Here's the link.

I was sympathetic to their plight. I voted for the Wessex League. I strongly urge you all to get on there and vote for any of the options other than League One :thumbsup:

Portsmouth | truebluearmy.com

Thanks for that - Wessex feels about right to be fair if erring slightly on the side of generosity :thumbsup:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
It has to be said that they simply are amongst the most unpleasant fans. Look at what is currently doing the rounds on one of their message boards..........Portsmouth Message Board |

And people wonder why we don't give a f*** if they vanish forever? Sadly though, some poor, unsuspecting non-league outfit will find some of these neanderthals turning up to 'support' them when portsmouth disappear (deliberate use of lower case p). Seeing that nonsense, I hope they go out of business-but only after they think they've been saved. Scummy bastards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports