Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
The lack of sympathy comes because that bell is f***ing annoying I hate that bloody bell

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Surplus to requirements. Terminate them.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Terminate Palace also. Their wafer thin support will soon be assimilated into a whole host of neighbours so no great loss.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I understand your fans attended their final game, showing support ? If thats so, well done to all concerned. What i can't understand is the total disregard for other teams fans who've gone through the administration process.

We helped Argyle fans to set up a Fans Reunited at Home Park with a precursor of "wear green and show the green card" at our televised game against Leeds. A Palace fan evened turned up at the Fans Reunited game. Fans went from all over the country wearing their colours.

sammy g

For what it is worth I would take no pleasure in Pompey being liquidated. I have no love of the club, I went to the game this season and witnessed the fat troll with the bell and his minions behave with about as much class a turd.
I take delight in them disappearing into the lower leagues and hope they get comfy for a long stay. But to lose your club not through matters on the pitch but due to the crookedness of various owners who had no real love or passion for the game is wrong.

Amongst the trolls of pompey there are, I am sure many thousands of decent fans who may not have had the gumption to put up a more sophisticated fight to combat the demise of their club as effectively as other fans have, but that does not mean they deserve to lose a club completely, wiped from the history book. It is sobering thought as far as I am concerned and not one to wish on anyone.

Digweeds Trousers

May 17, 2004
Tunbridge Wells
I think a lot of our frustratin and disregard for certain clubs are based on the impact of how playing fair impacted us. We did not spend a f***ing bean on improving players for years. When we returned to the championship in 2005 we had a budget lower than 10 clubs in league 2.

We were too busy trying to cover the costs of playing in a dump. It meant that we had a squad that were not able to compete. In parallel we had to listen to the likes of the Pompey fans lording it over all and sundry announcing their arrival in the big boys tournament in Europe.

So when we read that drivel on the Palace boards about how you have been above us for so long it does grate. We could have followed your example or that of Pompey. We could have thought sod it - let's just disregard running the club with financial survival in mind and have a barnstorming few seasons paying players that we cant actually afford.

So yes - f*** Portsmouth. They benefited from what is pretty much fraud. So f*** them and their cave-dwelling fans.

And yes Nigel - f*** you and your claims of being a big club for o many years.

And yes - f*** you for calling people who have returned to the Albion in their drives 'plastic'.

WE have waited a long time and gone through huge pain over the years watching dire football in a dire ground simply becuase we had to survive and keep the club afloat in a fair and proper manner.

Now we have some hope and some potentially good times ahead.

f*** off back to that crumbling shit heap and your 8,000 other Nigel's and lets see where the next 10 years takes us both.

I have no desire for you lot to go under and never have - I hope you sort yourselves out in the right way. But as for Portsmouth they can sink down to Sunday morning pub football for all I care as they deserve exactly what they are getting now. f***ed. Just like they have f***ed every single local business and creditor.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I think a lot of our frustratin and disregard for certain clubs are based on the impact of how playing fair impacted us. We did not spend a f***ing bean on improving players for years. When we returned to the championship in 2005 we had a budget lower than 10 clubs in league 2.

We were too busy trying to cover the costs of playing in a dump. It meant that we had a squad that were not able to compete. In parallel we had to listen to the likes of the Pompey fans lording it over all and sundry announcing their arrival in the big boys tournament in Europe.

So when we read that drivel on the Palace boards about how you have been above us for so long it does grate. We could have followed your example or that of Pompey. We could have thought sod it - let's just disregard running the club with financial survival in mind and have a barnstorming few seasons paying players that we cant actually afford.

So yes - f*** Portsmouth. They benefited from what is pretty much fraud. So f*** them and their cave-dwelling fans.

And yes - f*** you for calling people who have returned to the Albion in their drives 'plastic'.

WE have waited a long time and gone through huge pain over the years watching dire football in a dire ground simply becuase we had to survive and keep the club afloat in a fair and proper manner.

f*** off back to that crumbling shit heap and your 8,000 other Nigel's and lets see where the next 10 years takes us both.

I have no desire for you lot to go under and never have - I hope you sort yourselves out in the right way. But as for Portsmouth they can sink down to Sunday morning pub football for all I care as they deserve exactly what they are getting now. f***ed. Just like they have f***ed every single local business and creditor.

:clap2::clap2::clap2: Amen.

therealdsg

Sep 3, 2011
Preston Park
As some of you may remember I was quite involved with Fansreunited along with Woodchip and I was speaking with the argyle lot and the Portsmouth lot about doing pack the park to help them out. I feel for any fan who's club suffered due to mismanagement and dodgy ownership - as an argyle and Albion fan I've had my fair share of both!

However all my sympathy evaporated when Albion played Pompey a couple of months ago. Their fans was vile, homophobic and behaved atrociously in the south stand to the point where I canceled my trip down and advised people to do the same. As much as Chuck (David Norris) is a hero down in Plymouth for his help during the admin (only ex player to donate anything to the staff fund) he deserves better and I'd like to see Pompey go under for the good of football and in the hope that Chuck finds a decent club

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
Not a problem then :
Carlo Barlow
Friday, May 11, 2012 at 10:16 AM
Can't get too excited abiout this. This type of thing happens when a business runs out of money. I'm not embarrassed or ashamed by it. This money was paid in by Pompey fans. We had no control over what Lampitt did with the money. Whatever rises from the ashes should not be tainted by the way the previous owners or CEO chose to run the club. When Southampton went bust they didn't pay the company who had lent them money for their stadium. Their supporters couldn't care less about that, so why should we come over all bothered about the actions of Lampitt and co.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Finally, a Pompey fan who gets it:

"St James
Friday, May 11, 2012 at 11:06 AM

Though not the fans fault the problem is some would like to pick and choose which bits of our recent history to acknowledge. I'll take the F.A. Cup, I'll leave the not paying small business. I'll take Europe, I'll leave the charities shafted twice. I'll take beating the Scum and ridiculing them in L1, I'll moan about how we have been deducted points unfairly. I'm afraid chaps it all comes as part of a bizzare package interdependent on each other. That's what leaves a bad taste. For the first time I'm really hoping we are liquidated as this death by small cuts and shame is too much."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think there are a fair few feeling utterly shamed by it all now.

Why oh why were one or two of these people not wondering where Sully Muntari's £80,000 a week was coming from? ???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The funniest thing about Pompey folding would be that the twat with the bell would have to change his name to 'Mr Association Football Club of Portsmouth, Bransbury Park, Second Pitch In, Mind The Dogshit'

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
The funniest thing about Pompey folding would be that the twat with the bell would have to change his name to 'Mr Association Football Club of Portsmouth, Bransbury Park, Second Pitch In, Mind The Dogshit'

I used to play on Bransbury Park! and yes, the odd sliding tackle would leave you with dog shit up your leg!!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Im not supporting the clubs financial situation,im supporting the Pompey fans who dont deserve all this shit, but maybe thats too much for you to comprehend.

WHAT shit? What actual "shit" have the Pompey fans had to endure, exactly? A relegation from the Premier League (which would have happened anyway)? A relegation from the Championship? Two FA Cup finals?

I think we can safely say that fans of Rochdale, or Barnet, or Hereford or Leyton Orient would chew their own arms off to experience such horrors as relegation from the Championship. Clubs get relegated. It has to happen or the leagues get boring. If the club had gone bust, sure, that might be a bummer for them. But if the absolute worst that happens is that they get relegated, well boo hoo, I can't say I give a flying one.

The absolute WORST thing about their scummy club is that, even AFTER their first administration, when their debts were quite clearly still massive, even after getting a CVA in place and promising to pay back all the little people that they ripped off; even AFTER dropping down to the Championship and promising they'd learned their lesson, what did they do? They went STRAIGHT out and started signing players like Kitson and Lawrence on (laughable) wages of £20,000 per week, saying they needed to speculate to accumulate. Which makes them utter scumbags in my book. None of the little creditors- the schools, the charities, the milkman- have been paid what they're owed, and all the while Dave Kitson lumbers around ineffectively, whinging and diving for 90 minutes a week and picking up his £80,000 per month pay cheque. All the while Tal Ben Haim performs a frankly embarrassing impression of a defender, safe in the knowledge that another £36,000 is dropping into his bank account every week. Somehow, that absolute shithouse of a club managed to come out of administration, start the season, and then re-enter administration with even bigger debts than the first time.

A club with any sense of shame or humility would have taken it on the chin first time round, would have sacked all the top earners and played the youth team if need be. Yes, they'd have been relegated, but hey, that was likely to happen anyway and at least they'd have had a clean slate. But Pompey couldn't bring themselves to do that, instead they went out and carried on paying wages way above what the likes of the Albion can afford to pay.

Now they're paying the price. What's the worst that can happen (for them anyway)? They go bust. They start a new club in non league, and within a few years they'll be back, and probably enjoying their football a whole lot more in the meantime. See AFC Wimbledon. Aldershot.

No, it's not the fans fault, but nor is it the fault of any other club's fans, all of whom have been mugged off by Pompey gambling (cheating) their way to success.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

And do you know that there are still large numbers (the majority of their fans in fact) from both clubs that still don't get why many of us don't give a shit about the future of either club? Both financially screwed local charities and the pikeys only paid St John Ambulance after they were pilloried and embarrassed for not paying them. What great clubs they proved themselves to be.

Portsmouth's THREE administrations says that they are not fit and proper enough to have a place in football. Time to start again from scratch-and not at Fratton either.

Palace fans' constant piss taking during their TWO administrations route to maintain a higher league position over us pisses me off even more than Portsmouth's behaviour. For them to have the f***ing gall to call our returning fans as 'plastics' is highly amusing-are these returning 'plastics' the same type of fans who are abandoning Croydon's shithole in droves, season after season now their modestly decent period is clearly coming to an end?

Both clubs can struggle forever as far as I'm concerned-I only hope that they do.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The absolute WORST thing about their scummy club is that, even AFTER their first administration, when their debts were quite clearly still massive, even after getting a CVA in place and promising to pay back all the little people that they ripped off; even AFTER dropping down to the Championship and promising they'd learned their lesson, what did they do? They went STRAIGHT out and started signing players like Kitson and Lawrence on (laughable) wages of £20,000 per week, saying they needed to speculate to accumulate. Which makes them utter scumbags in my book.

Wasn't that their second administration? 1998 (I think it was) being their first?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Wasn't that their second administration? 1998 (I think it was) being their first?

Oh, maybe. I've lost track.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports