Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Pompey fold? (merged threads)

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
Im not supporting the clubs financial situation,im supporting the Pompey fans who dont deserve all this shit, but maybe thats too much for you to comprehend.

Sadly you wern't at the recent Pompey game at the Amex but if you were you would have had the pleasure of seeing the bloke with the bell baring his arse and making homophobic gestures to the kids in the family stand, whilst being cheered on by a large proportion of his fellow supporters. That certainly endeared them to most of us.

As far as the club itself until very recently not a peep of protest has eminated from that lot along the coast. Where were the petitions to the FA, Downing Street, organising protest marches, publicising what was going on. Nothing!

While we all appreciate that your club has turned cheating into an art form, I would have thought that even you would see that the fate of Pompey could have been helped considerably by their fans actually doing something, but no they just sat back and waited for yet another white horse to come lumbering over the horizon bearing untold riches.

To be honest Portsmouth FC represent all that is wrong with football in general and several clubs, yours included, in particular.

I hope they get liquidated. Then the true fans, which you seem so keen to support, can get off their backsides and start afresh with a club untainted by recent events. At that time I suspect they will have mine and a lot of other peoples support. Until that happens sod them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
eitherway, point is, theres no rule i'm aware of for the league to say enough's enough and boot them.
Yes , there is , the Football League can expel them if they believe they will not be able to complete all the fixtures for the season.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Sadly you wern't at the recent Pompey game at the Amex but if you were you would have had the pleasure of seeing the bloke with the bell baring his arse and making homophobic gestures to the kids in the family stand, whilst being cheered on by a large proportion of his fellow supporters. That certainly endeared them to most of us.

As far as the club itself until very recently not a peep of protest has eminated from that lot along the coast. Where were the petitions to the FA, Downing Street, organising protest marches, publicising what was going on. Nothing!

While we all appreciate that your club has turned cheating into an art form, I would have thought that even you would see that the fate of Pompey could have been helped considerably by their fans actually doing something, but no they just sat back and waited for yet another white horse to come lumbering over the horizon bearing untold riches.

To be honest Portsmouth FC represent all that is wrong with football in general and several clubs, yours included, in particular.

I hope they get liquidated. Then the true fans, which you seem so keen to support, can get off their backsides and start afresh with a club untainted by recent events. At that time I suspect they will have mine and a lot of other peoples support. Until that happens sod them.
top post :thumbsup:

Jan 12, 2012

There's rumours of a few more clubs going into admin soon, i'll pre warn them not to visit NSC for any moral support.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You spend way too much time on here Nigel and no-one here appears to be interested in your feeble pleas for understanding for supporters of shit robbing clubs like yours and especially the Pompey scum.

Time to f*** off then, surely?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
What i can't understand is the total disregard for other teams fans who've gone through the administration process.
i think you'll find we have been very supportive of various teams in a plight.
you only have to visit portsmouth, see the neanderthals make the 'cutting the throat' gesture....calling you 'aids ridden scum'

you soon fall out of love with any idea of being sympathetic to them.
if it was the odd one or two, you could understand it, but i'm afraid pompey fans have brought the lack of sympathy upon themselves.
i have a fair few pompey mates, and for them i am genuinely sorry, but the majority outweigh the minority.

so f*** 'EM

Jan 12, 2012
You spend way too much time on here Nigel and no-one here appears to be interested in your feeble pleas for understanding for supporters of shit robbing clubs like yours and especially the Pompey scum.

Time to f*** off then, surely?

A serious question, apart from us and Pompey, would you treat fans from other clubs who've been in administration, the same way. I'd like to know if the hatred is for all, or just us two.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Well thank f**k for that, i was getting paranoid.

Paranoid; A thought process heavily influenced by fear.

Troll; A person who posts deliberately provocative messages to a messageboard, with the intention of causing MAXIMUM DISRUPTION AND ARGUMENT.

For your assistance I will draw this to the attention of the people who genuinely believe you are an asset to this forum......they think you are excellent . I think you are an idiot troll, pain in the arse, who pollutes this board unneccesarily and gives a poor impression of your other supporters.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] @ Hitony [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

Jan 12, 2012
Paranoid; A thought process heavily influenced by fear.

Troll; A person who posts deliberately provocative messages to a messageboard, with the intention of causing MAXIMUM DISRUPTION AND ARGUMENT.

For your assistance I will draw this to the attention of the people who genuinely believe you are an asset to this forum......they think you are excellent . I think you are an idiot troll, pain in the arse, who pollutes this board unneccesarily and gives a poor impression of your other supporters.

[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] [MENTION=36]Titanic[/MENTION] @ Hitony [MENTION=3566]hans kraay fan club[/MENTION]

Have a day off mate !!! :wink:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
A serious question, apart from us and Pompey, would you treat fans from other clubs who've been in administration, the same way. I'd like to know if the hatred is for all, or just us two.

You see, there is a link here. That is that the fans of both your clubs have treated others with a total contempt and laughed off administration as 'one of those things' (or words to they effect). Nothing more sure to wind up fans of other clubs. Admittedly Pompey have been much worse than Palace in their indifference as to who runs their club.

Fans of clubs like Plymouth and Wrexham who have the bollox to fight what has been going on in their boardrooms get the backing and unwavering support because they've taken the fight up themselves.

When the inevitable happens to you again, you should try it, it's very liberating.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea

I think you'll find quite a few of us supported you when you last went into admin. And that includes me. Much as I dislike your club and it's cheating antics, I never wanted you to go under.

For reasons I'm not even sure of myself, I couldn't give a shit about Pompey. Actually no, I suppose I do in that I actually want to see them liquidated.

Jan 12, 2012
You see, there is a link here. That is that the fans of both your clubs have treated others with a total contempt and laughed off administration as 'one of those things' (or words to they effect). Nothing more sure to wind up fans of other clubs. Admittedly Pompey have been much worse than Palace in their indifference as to who runs their club.

Fans of clubs like Plymouth and Wrexham who have the bollox to fight what has been going on in their boardrooms get the backing and unwavering support because they've taken the fight up themselves.

When the inevitable happens to you again, you should try it, it's very liberating.

If you did some research, you would know the fans didn't sit on their arse and wait to be rescued, far from it.As for laughing off administration, are you sure ?? We set up a trust fund,that is still active to this day,raising quite a bit of money, and recieved donations from fans all over europe,even Brighton!!! Numerous demos and marches were held, and im sure it had an effect.
So to say we did f**k all, is so far away from the truth !
I've come out with some throwaway comments about our administrations, but that just to get going some of the arseholes on here !
Don't underestimate our fans fight whilst in admin, trust me, we didn't take it lying down.

Last edited:

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The lack of sympathy for Pompey largely surrounds their various owners serial financial shenanigans, the willingness to indulge free spending managers and their fans blindly accepting any form of success bought on creditors money. Meanwhile the owners have skillfully created huge debts around the Club, bled it of precious parachute payments and there is little scope for re-financing Fratton Park because too many external parties own parts of the site and surrounding land. They can't sell FP and relocate either because of covenants on its use. Too easy to repeatedly play the 'go into administration card' and fail to pay decent ordinary creditors or honour their tax liabilities to HMRC, so are defrauding all of us.

Even over the last two seasons they have continued to sign/retain players on grossly inflated contracts (Ben Haim, Kitson etc) rather than seek to balance the books though they were in a dire financial situation. These players have continued to take their money when ordinary staff at the club on a fraction of the players pay were not being paid and eventually being made redundant. The fans persisted with their 'we're too big a club to go out of business' attitude and failed to make any significant challenge until it is too late. Yet the writing has been on the wall for years. Finally there is a core of very unpleasant Pompey fans whose attitude is stuck in the 70's / 80's who do their Club and any genuine fans a great disservice by alienating support across the footie community.

Palace aren't quite in the same league as Pompey - but not far off it. It remains to be seen if the big talk by CPFC2010 actually results in anything of substance. The likely departures of Zaha, Clyne and others do not bode well. What are Place fans doing about it? - answer: voting with their feet rather than mounting effective campaigns.

In 1997 it took the persistence of Albion fans to expose Archer and cronies for their asset stripping of the Club. Inspite of all sorts of threats from 'the Club' against certain fans several very effective campaigns eventually prevailed but not before Archer sold the Goldstone and we were on the bring of oblivion. Far too long a saga to adequately cover here but the key issue was intervention by fans ainspiring the 'Fans United' campaign, ultimately the ousting of Archer, the destruction of Bellotti's serious political career and the arrival of a benefactor in Dick Knight. It is still amazing that we survived without a ground of our own and the financial millstone that was Withdean. Knight and now Tony Bloom a 3rd generation from a genuine Albion dynasty, not a JCL somehow covered the debts and still underwrote a fresh start at The Amex, with more to come. None of this could have happened but for the determination of the fans in '97.

As someone else eloquently mentioned fans at clubs like Plymouth, Wrexham, Doncaster who had the bollocks to get off their backsides to wage effective campaigns to save their Clubs fully deserve our support, and from across footie. No doubt there will be more to follow especially those who are getting exploited by JCL owners looking to make a quick buck like Blackburn, Hull, other shit or bust clubs like West Ham (will be interesting to see their finances if they don't win the play off final) or just landlords ripping off the clubs such as Darlington, Coventry, Peterborough.

Jan 12, 2012
I think you'll find quite a few of us supported you when you last went into admin. And that includes me. Much as I dislike your club and it's cheating antics, I never wanted you to go under.

For reasons I'm not even sure of myself, I couldn't give a shit about Pompey. Actually no, I suppose I do in that I actually want to see them liquidated.

Well thanks Phil, that brought a tear to me eye !! :ohmy:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here