Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Flank ferret......hahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaa

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I'd be surprised if he had a £4M release, not sure that he or his agent would have been thinking anything so grand when he moved from Swindon .... and wouldn't the media have got hold of it? I agree though that a Fulham or similar would be favourites

This is what I was thinking.. Just something I've heard from people that should know; I don't trust it 100% but thought it was interesting. They know I'm a Brighton fan though and they've seen the reports linking us with him, so it could just all be a wind-up.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Crofts
Bennett
Murray
Noone

It's time for TB to draw a line in the sand and to stop this selling (or not giving an earned pay rise) club mentality.

We have 4 to 5 times as much club income now, and so can afford to keep one of our rare match winners.

I hope TB and Barber stop Gus getting 'clever' and doing something retrograde like a £1m plus 2 non-PL standard squad players in part exchange deal.

We need to add quality in January to prove to Buckley, Bruno, Bridge and Kuszchak that we are serious about the PL.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Having said all this, it's probably paper talk,

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Id start talking at 7 million

Hahahahahahahahahahah.......if zaha is worth £64 million, then surely Buckley is worth £a billion

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
If Buckley goes and Bennett returns, then i'd say that is an improvement.
Really it all depends on who we have upfront. If we end up with someone like Charlie Austin, Bennett would be more effective with his accurate crossing, passing and link-up play. If we stay with CMS then Buckleys pace would be more suited to the style of attack than Bennett therefore Buckley would be the more effective winger. In a perfect world, I'd have Buckley right wing, LuaLua left wing and Bennett playing the free-role behind the striker (maybe Austin?) like he did in his last season for the Albion.

Wow, you really have no idea how good Buckley is or will be.

Bennett isnt half the player buckey is.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Of the three players that have been touted by the media as moving in January, I'd say Buckley would be hardest to replace. Yes, Bridcutt is key to our midfield but you can get other players who play that role. There aren't many 6ft wingers with that are lightening quick and have the ability to be a match winner

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Crofts
Bennett
Murray
Noone

It's time for TB to draw a line in the sand and to stop this selling (or not giving an earned pay rise) club mentality.

We have 4 to 5 times as much club income now, and so can afford to keep one of our rare match winners.

I hope TB and Barber stop Gus getting 'clever' and doing something retrograde like a £1m plus 2 non-PL standard squad players in part exchange deal.

We need to add quality in January to prove to Buckley, Bruno, Bridge and Kuszchak that we are serious about the PL.

You know anything comes through Bloom and Barber before getting to Gus, right ?

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
In previous years we let our best players go to finance the very being of the club. Now we let them go (like most clubs) to finance deals. So I dont believe we will let our best players go unless we have the players we want in the bag. CMS wont go unless we have say Austin and Buckley for Bennett. Bridcutt maybe harder to replace, but might be the sacrifice to get Austin.

All plucked out of my imagination, but with a degree of plausibility. Just like newspaper stories really, who probably add a smidgeon of truth to it (ie Adkins has admired Buckley in the past)

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
In previous years we let our best players go to finance the very being of the club. Now we let them go (like most clubs) to finance deals. So I dont believe we will let our best players go unless we have the players we want in the bag. CMS wont go unless we have say Austin and Buckley for Bennett. Bridcutt maybe harder to replace, but might be the sacrifice to get Austin.

All plucked out of my imagination, but with a degree of plausibility. Just like newspaper stories really, who probably add a smidgeon of truth to it (ie Adkins has admired Buckley in the past)

If I'm honest I don't see Buckley leaving unless he has expressed an interest in doing so. Even then it won't be cheap. Players like will don't grow on trees and I for one would be gutted if he left.

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I know what you are saying and yes I would be sad to see Buckley go. But what I was saying that perhaps we would have to sell say CMS and Buckley to get Austin. I could live with that.

On the other hand if we let Buckley go with no idea or no chance of getting the Striker that we need, then that is somthing i would be peed off about.

As it happens we are probably getting our knickers in twist over nothing.

If I'm honest I don't see Buckley leaving unless he has expressed an interest in doing so. Even then it won't be cheap. Players like will don't grow on trees and I for one would be gutted if he left.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
And this is why all the criticism of Poyet is justified. This was our best chance of promotion and we're cocking it up spectacularly. If we now end up losing our best players we've got no chance.

What an idiot that's made you look!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
True, but there is a shorter one at the club who seems to have got his mojo back and is looking good.

It would be a huge mistake letting him go at that price no matter who we currently have. Just paper talk though IMO. However If there is any truth in it the £2m is purely just to unsettle Buckley. We certainly would not get more than £3.5m/£4m. Some of the figures quoted on here are ridiculous.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
If he is to be sold then nothing less than £5 mill. Cant believe we sold noone for £1 mill and am still anoyyed we let him go.

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
If we get a BIG offer then ok look at it... Otherwise why even bother worrying as surely the club recognise he is a main man.. Gp already said NOT selling key players..

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
And this is why all the criticism of Poyet is justified. This was our best chance of promotion and we're cocking it up spectacularly. If we now end up losing our best players we've got no chance.

You are criticising Poyet for getting our players to such a good standard that PREM teams are considering bidding for them?

Really.

That's your criticism. That a team MIGHT bid for one of our players.

Even if you are wind up merchant, at least do a wind up based on SOMETHING.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here