Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

will buckley

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Wow, you really have no idea how good Buckley is or will be.

Bennett isnt half the player buckey is.

Don't get me wrong, I think Buckley is a brilliant player and can definitely handle himself in the Prem but to say Bennett isn't even half the player Buckley is surely shows how little you know of Bennett. EB was arguably our best player when we won league 1, he was the most complete player we had who took all the set-peices and created a large percentage of our goals. He could score from distance, crossing inch perfect and had a very intelligent footballing brain. If Bennett returned he would defiantly be an improvement. I don't want to see WB go but if it does happen, then on the positive, if we did replace WB with Bennett, I'd be very content with this replacement and so should anyone who watched Bennett play for the Albion.
One thing Bennett has more of than Buckley is consistency.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Bad move for both clubs if this happened. We need players with Prem experience, not good championship players (eg Jay Rod)

The only good thing about this move would be the fun I would have parading my Buckley Saints shirt in Churchill Sq. Apart from that, there are preferable players out there.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Gus said "every player has their price" years ago. Make up a story, find an old quote to give it credibility, print in paper. Lazy journalism.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
The only good thing about this move would be the fun I would have parading my Buckley Saints shirt in Churchill Sq.

Who said Saints fans weren't classy!?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Bad move for both clubs if this happened. We need players with Prem experience, not good championship players (eg Jay Rod)

The only good thing about this move would be the fun I would have parading my Buckley Saints shirt in Churchill Sq. Apart from that, there are preferable players out there.

Not so sure,Norwich have built a very good team from the best LEAGUE 1 and Championship players.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Yeah, like that Ramierez who you spent 12 million on and is absolute dogshit.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I know what you are saying and yes I would be sad to see Buckley go. But what I was saying that perhaps we would have to sell say CMS and Buckley to get Austin. I could live with that.

On the other hand if we let Buckley go with no idea or no chance of getting the Striker that we need, then that is somthing i would be peed off about.

As it happens we are probably getting our knickers in twist over nothing.

Selling cms and Buckley to get a striker unproven beyond the championship would be financial suicide. Definitely cms, but Buckley too....... Not in my lifetime.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
You are criticising Poyet for getting our players to such a good standard that PREM teams are considering bidding for them?

Really.

That's your criticism. That a team MIGHT bid for one of our players.

Even if you are wind up merchant, at least do a wind up based on SOMETHING.

Wise words Gully :)

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Ramirez has no premier league experience....

12 million quid suggests he came from a supposedly higher standard than championship/league 1?
Where did he come from?

just checked and I see that he came from Bologna of Seria A.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
And this is why all the criticism of Poyet is justified. This was our best chance of promotion and we're cocking it up spectacularly. If we now end up losing our best players we've got no chance.

Because of tabloid speculation? Dear lord, remove your head from your arse, take off your anti-Poyet specs and realise that this (currently) is purely speculation. DO you honestly think we would sell one of our best players for a small sum?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I heard a story on Saturday that Holloway was " interested" in Buckley or Adomah of Bristol City

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
DO you honestly think we would sell one of our best players for a small sum?

You could of asked the same thing about Murray, Bennett and Noone whilst they were here.

I personally think it wont happen but if it does, then still I will trust in Gus.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although.

£2+ million (the opening bid wont be accepted), would represent a double the money, in 18 months, for a winger who is frequently injured, has NEVER played a fully effective 90 minutes, and is prone, like the rest of the team, to miss sitters.

Business is business.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
I heard a story on Saturday that Holloway was " interested" in Buckley or Adomah of Bristol City

Are you sure it's not Barnes or Harley?

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Although.

£2+ million (the opening bid wont be accepted), would represent a double the money, in 18 months, for a winger who is frequently injured, has NEVER played a fully effective 90 minutes, and is prone, like the rest of the team, to miss sitters.

Business is business.

Who would you rather then just out of interest, Bennett or Buckley?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here