The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Who would you rather then just out of interest, Bennett or Buckley?
Thanks for that, I'd been stuck on 449 notifications for what seemed like ever, now a nice round 450.

Fishing with elements of the truth is tricky.
I'd stay with Buckley although we get a lot less right back/right wing domination with him and Bruno, compared to what we had with WB & Calde.

When those two were in their stride together, nobody could touch them.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
No one has mentioned the old favorite "[player x] sold on to [club y] for undisclosed fee."

I believe this is quite common where sell-on clauses exist so that the fans can't get properly upset.

But as already stated many times in this thread - this is newspaper speculation / gossip - mind, if Buckley does go, I betcha its for an "undisclosed fee" !

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Although.

£2+ million (the opening bid wont be accepted), would represent a double the money, in 18 months, for a winger who is frequently injured, has NEVER played a fully effective 90 minutes, and is prone, like the rest of the team, to miss sitters.

Business is business.

Honestly if we get less than 6 million I would be personally gutted.

I seriously dont think he is for sale until we get past a 5 million bid.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Buckley's not a bad player, could be Holloway getting in his replacements first.
£3 mill ?

You sure your lot should be spending 3m on players when you have the deficit to sort out? We all know what happened when you overspent to keep up with the pace last time. Local businesses and the taxpayer got screwed.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Buckley's not a bad player, could be Holloway getting in his replacements first.
£3 mill ?

Buckley is nothing compared to Barnes and Harley. I'm sure if I were a Palace manager Barnes and Harley would be my Zaha replacements rather than Buckley.
I've heard from insiders that Buckley in training suffers from extreme rage issues which has lead him to knocking out half the coaching staff (including Oatway) all at once not to mention smashing up Poyets car with his bare hands every time Poyet tells him to stop taking heroin.

Last edited:

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Although we mock Zaha on here his market value is probably around £10-12m. If that's the case Buckley, who's goals and assists record is better than Zaha's must surely be at least £5m... given that Zaha is younger.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Wow! I have always thought that underneath the silly nonsense there was a sensible fan trying to get out.

But "criticism of Poyet is justified (because of press rumours)" ?....sadly that is clearly not the case and you really are the prize prat you appear :(
:thumbsup:

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Although we mock Zaha on here his market value is probably around £10-12m. If that's the case Buckley, who's goals and assists record is better than Zaha's must surely be at least £5m... given that Zaha is younger.

Sounds about right.
Personally, if Zaha goes , I'd prefer Adomah.
Younger then Buckley, played more games at this level, and would be cheaper.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
You sure your lot should be spending 3m on players when you have the deficit to sort out? We all know what happened when you overspent to keep up with the pace last time. Local businesses and the taxpayer got screwed.

You boys can't resist it can you !

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness

DIFFBROOK

Really Up the Junction
Feb 3, 2005
Yorkshire
I suppose it would depend on how much we could get for CMS? I still think that would leave us short of funds. I think Poyet has a budget to stick to and any shortful in order to get a player like Austin would need to be funded by probably selling a further player.

Championship proven strikers are gonna cost and Austin is in that category. Maybe Gus feels that we need a proven goalscorer more than a proven winger? One thing is for sure, i wouldnt let Will go for less than £3m

Selling cms and Buckley to get a striker unproven beyond the championship would be financial suicide. Definitely cms, but Buckley too....... Not in my lifetime.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Well it's the truth innit, you don't have the attendances to support a big playing budget. There's a knock at your attendances and fiscal record in one post, just because its Christmas!!

Ho ho ho
Treat yourself to a mince pie.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Don't get me wrong, I think Buckley is a brilliant player and can definitely handle himself in the Prem but to say Bennett isn't even half the player Buckley is surely shows how little you know of Bennett. EB was arguably our best player when we won league 1, he was the most complete player we had who took all the set-peices and created a large percentage of our goals. He could score from distance, crossing inch perfect and had a very intelligent footballing brain. If Bennett returned he would defiantly be an improvement. I don't want to see WB go but if it does happen, then on the positive, if we did replace WB with Bennett, I'd be very content with this replacement and so should anyone who watched Bennett play for the Albion.
One thing Bennett has more of than Buckley is consistency.

Buckley is a class act, and for a wide man, is great in most games. The stand out offensive player for Albion in the last 2 seasons for the Albion by a long way.

He will grace thud PL whereas Bennett can barely get in the Norwich PL squad.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Would be a little ironic if we signed a pair of great strikers to get on the end of crosses, but sold all the players to deliver them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here