What minor things annoy you

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oct 2, 2008
Retired people who could go at any time but choose to do their supermarket shopping between 1pm and 2pm thus ensuring long checkout queues for workers on lunchbreak.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
People who brag about the car they drive, as if anyone really gives a toss, this is almost exclusively an ailment found among BMW drivers!!!

Statto

Nov 11, 2005
Graceland Memphis
Idiots who take ages using cashpoint machines! Instead of just banging the number in, then getting their money and card then pissing off, they stand there thinking how much money to withdraw, then re-inset their card, and finally stand at the machine putting their money away. A lot of the time they know there is a queue waiting aswell!! f***ing does my head in!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
people who slag people off on here and then when they sit next to you at an away games are all pleasant and tell you its all banter isnt it.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
People who smack their lips when eating, don't know why but it grates on my nerves.

People who cough and don't put their hands over their mouths.

People who don't breathe through their nose when speaking, so that it sounds like they've got a permanent cold (Sonia character from Eastenders)

When English companies try to appeal to an American audience by not using the 'present perfect tense'

little things like that really

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
when you watch a series on Sky, and it goes through the titles, as said above and then 5 minutes in, the bloody adverts cut in.

and half the adverts (more on Hallmark) are previews of Law and Order etc, repeated every friggin break

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Traffic lights - We have ten times the number of traffic lights we actually need. Traffic lights on roundabouts are the worst. Waht a waste of time. Drives me crazy

People who say basically all the time. When I hear some thick prat on a phone-in say it, I switch over immediately.

Litter louts - absolutely no need for it. Wankers.

Football matches being postponed because of "safety concerns". They don't postpone shopping when its slippy (ok so they did at Brent Cross today, but how rare is that)

oh FFS there are hundreds of things, and none of them minor either!

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
People who put their bags on train seats & ignore the people who are made to stand,
People who clap along with shows & music,
When you're in a shop there's a big queue but only one person on the tills,
Opening doors & not being thanked,
Ollie Murs, Minor at the moment but could end up in pathological hatred the way he's going,
Tottenham fans,
Those train pass holders that start to split within like a week of having them,
The fact Haribo doesn't have a seal top, Then you have to eat the whole bag.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
newsagents who stay on the phone while serving people.

This is f***ing irritating. Can anyone tell me what the correct customer etiquette is for dealing with these ignorant twats?

My mate suggests deliberately giving them not quite enough money for the purchase and going to walk out, whereas I prefer to ask them some long winded question about something, completely ignoring the fact they are on the phone.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
This is f***ing irritating. Can anyone tell me what the correct customer etiquette is for dealing with these ignorant twats?

My mate suggests deliberately giving them not quite enough money for the purchase and going to walk out, whereas I prefer to ask them some long winded question about something, completely ignoring the fact they are on the phone.

that is good advice i will be using that.

its understandable though, when you have f***ing unlimited access to global calling cards and you are stuck in some freezing shop all day and night 5000 miles from home.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Londoners who add the part of London where they live to their address. London plus the post code will suffice.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
People at a a supermarket check out on the phone while others are waiting for them to pay. Why not just say I am at the checkout will ring you back 5 mins.

Even if its to tell you to get to something else it is too late then, you will have to go back into the store shopping area.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
A group of friends that insist on paying for things seperately, despite their being a massive queue behind them. It doesn't take a genius to work out who owes who and how much.

A classic example was a group of 4 girls and a guy. Large queues to buy train tickets to Twickenham, so a swift purchase was in order. But, oh no... all five of them bought their tickets seperately (all to Twickenham), whilst the queue was snaking around the corner at Putney. :tantrum:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Despite being about 20% deaf in one ear it's certain noises that make me growl the most, or sometimes the lack of them. No cackle and an eerie silence at to what to oneself was a cracking punchline. The crunch and grind of a mouth full of spiced ricecakes being eaten in a cinema. People talking on the underground and having to shout through the roar of the engines themselves. Screams in the night from a distance that are either a cat or a fox but too far to determine. Roosters unleashing a flaccid and disinterested cockadoodledo when living in the extremes of suburbia. A whirr i hear this very minute that builds forever higher, but to no conclusion from a machine in my room that i simply can't identify. Questions being asked for an explanation of a bad thing you said a week or two ago that stuck elsewhere but you simply don't remember saying. Flatmates walking in and out of rooms whilst talking to parents on mobiles so that you get a tiny bit of a fundamentally dull and sexless conversation. Never being wolfwhistled. Workplaces systems dying and having to listen to all of yesterday's calls in order to carry out the promises made and finding that you yourself sound nothing like you imagined, more lord of the manor or grouchy headmaster than local MC. People slipping silently and getting back up to get on with their business without a shriek or a holler for help.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports