Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

Sep 1, 2010
People that insist on showing you a picture of their new born baby on their mobile phone, They all look the bloody same dribbling mess to me and i also don't care what they look like anyway.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I hate people who, on walking in to a supermarket or similar large store, STOP in the entrance and either fumble for a list or just gaze aimlessly about causing me, who knows exactly where to go, to have to wait.

As a supermarket addendum, I saw a young girl sifting through packets of Mange Tout peas, checking every packet... what the f*** was she expecting to find other than Mange Tout peas ? can two packets of Mange Tout peas differ SO much.... just pick a F...ing pack and move on !

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I think it generally annoys me when people just get in my way full stop; on the road, in the supermarket, in a lift, on the pavement, in a hallway, etc, etc

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
People who clap the pilot when a plane lands!
Do the same people clap when the bus driver stops at the bus stop. Both are doing the job they are paid to do!

When a Cameroon Air plane you're sat on finally safely lands in Lagos a whole two days late and having had two unscheduled stops and over 4 hours parked on Douala airport tarmac - this clapping response, along with the praying, is not annoying at all - it's entirely justified ! :lolol:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Litterers and people who don't say thank you on zebra crossings annoy me more than anything.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
People who jump red lights at the bottom of Bear Road (happens EVERY single time they change) - means its impossible to pull out if you are going around the gyratory as the main Lewes Rd traffic has caught up by the time they've gone through.

:angry:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
A group of friends that insist on paying for things seperately, despite their being a massive queue behind them. It doesn't take a genius to work out who owes who and how much.

A classic example was a group of 4 girls and a guy. Large queues to buy train tickets to Twickenham, so a swift purchase was in order. But, oh no... all five of them bought their tickets seperately (all to Twickenham), whilst the queue was snaking around the corner at Putney. :tantrum:

Depends how much said thing is - I often do this as I can't afford to put a whole "round" on my own card, even if I am getting the money straight back...

Sep 1, 2010
Litterers and people who don't say thank you on zebra crossings annoy me more than anything.

I never say thank you on a zebra crossing. This however is because when i was a kid, i waited for both sides of the traffic to stop for me before starting to cross only to be knocked 12 ft down the road by an idiot undertaking one of the cars that had stopped for me. From that time onwards i feel it is everyone's duty to stop for me.

.....While I am at it another one is people who let their children stand in a trolley irrespective of where the child may have walked or what they may have trodden in. Perhaps it is because I am geting old and we didnt have theses supermarkets when I had young children and only ever use those spaces when I have my 18 month old granddaughter with me so the seats on the trolley are adequate not a problem..

Me too, I never let my two do this when they were small enough to fit in the trolley, also children munching food around the supermarket before it has gone through the till.

Also:-

Cucumber - hate it, particularly on the rare occasions when someone makes me a cheese and pickle roll using the same knife that has been used to cut up this odious veg for a small Potting's lunch - proper ruins it.

Celebrity mags and the culture caused by them (or are they caused by it - discuss). Quite scary to think that people actually care about what these losers are up to (Katie Price take a bow).

Daily Mail/Daily Express - How many times do they have a headline along the lines of "eating half an (insert food or drug here) can cure all known diseases" or "eating too much custard could give you rabies".

Australians.

Topical and a bit controversial - Julian Assange (and he is Australian). Yes, it is all very clever Mr A but what exactly is your agenda - is it just to make lots of money by selling this stuff to the press. Please explain how you propose that this will make the world a nicer place and when will you be leaking any stuff from Al Qaeda and their ilk.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I never say thank you on a zebra crossing. This however is because when i was a kid, i waited for both sides of the traffic to stop for me before starting to cross only to be knocked 12 ft down the road by an idiot undertaking one of the cars that had stopped for me. From that time onwards i feel it is everyone's duty to stop for me.

Serves you right for not saying thank you :p

Sep 1, 2010
I was busy flying in the air at the time, apparently the doc was amazed i was alive, actually i got saved from drowning in a pond too! How unlucky for you lot i am immortal

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Noisy eaters. My idea of hell would be to be in a restaurant full of slupers, crunchers & worst of all those who don't chew with their mouth shut.
Every girlfriend i've ever hads parents have been unbearable. My lasts parents were christened 'slurper' & 'the goat' cos of their eating habits.

My currents well they might as well eat out of a troth i dread having food around there cos of the noise i fear one day i will snap & tear my ears of or something to try & make the noise stop.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
Struggling with the crowds at a bar and eventually getting in the second row behind someone who orders 12 pints of Fosters.

People ordering coffee in a pub.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
, also children munching food around the supermarket before it has gone through the till.

QUOTE]

I once saw a girl in Asda Crawley get a cooked chicken out of the cabinet break it into 4 and give a portion to each of her children then get a 4 pack of canned drinks and give them 1 each and they stood in the shop ate and drank the contents. I pointed this out to a security officer and was told they cant do anything about it unless the person goes through the check out and didnt take the bar code portion through the tills and pay for it. Seems ridiculous but it did annoy me.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cyclists

Calling biscuits "cookies"

Calling Fairy Cakes "cup cakes"

Calling Father Christmas "Santa"

"Celebrating" Halloween

"And I was kinda like oh my god...."

Face Book

Couples who communicate via Twitter

Women who appear unable to put their card away in their wallet, put their wallet in their handbag and do up their coat whilst WALKING AWAY from the cash machine or till.

People running for the Tube and knocking other people out the way - when they is another one along in a couple of minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here