Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What minor things annoy you

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet: people who let their kids go right up to the baggage reclaim roundabouts at airports. It's f***ing busy, everyone is trying to get a space to get their bag, and you have kids dicking around. I know when I was a kid I'd have loved to go to the carousel, but I was told to sit and wait cos it's too busy and the bags are too heavy!

Also HATE how long people take at cash machines. How long does it take? Plus, why are people constantly suprised by the order that things come out of the machine? Hand over card slot, as soon as you can grab that, then grab your money and walk away whilst putting it in wallet.

HATE newsagents who talk on the phone whilst serving me. Also HATE people in shops who moan about giving you change. Firstly, because most of the time it's stupid anyway (they wouldn't have moaned if I'd given them a tenner, but if I give them £20 it's a massive deal even though the only additional change required is a ten pound note. Mainly though, it's because where I work we have enough change to satisfy demand. It does cost a bit, but if you can't be bothered to have some change in the tioll why should I bother finding the correct change and not just going to another shop?

Finally, I hate dozey barmen/maids who don't seem to be able to function on more than one thing at a time. Ie. Payment by card - stand watching the card machine; standing next to the till whilst pouring a pint, but not thinking of ringing the order through; asking what the next person wants whilst one person fiddles around looking for change; worst of all, not being able to do SIMPLE Maths and knowing the price BEFORE they have to go all the way to the till and back to tell you. Seriously, the amount of people who can't seem to add the cost of 2 £2.80 pints so the customer can be finding money as the drinks are being poured is absurd.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet: people who let their kids go right up to the baggage reclaim roundabouts at airports. It's f***ing busy, everyone is trying to get a space to get their bag, and you have kids dicking around. I know when I was a kid I'd have loved to go to the carousel, but I was told to sit and wait cos it's too busy and the bags are too heavy!

Also HATE how long people take at cash machines. How long does it take? Plus, why are people constantly suprised by the order that things come out of the machine? Hand over card slot, as soon as you can grab that, then grab your money and walk away whilst putting it in wallet.

HATE newsagents who talk on the phone whilst serving me. Also HATE people in shops who moan about giving you change. Firstly, because most of the time it's stupid anyway (they wouldn't have moaned if I'd given them a tenner, but if I give them £20 it's a massive deal even though the only additional change required is a ten pound note. Mainly though, it's because where I work we have enough change to satisfy demand. It does cost a bit, but if you can't be bothered to have some change in the tioll why should I bother finding the correct change and not just going to another shop?

Finally, I hate dozey barmen/maids who don't seem to be able to function on more than one thing at a time. Ie. Payment by card - stand watching the card machine; standing next to the till whilst pouring a pint, but not thinking of ringing the order through; asking what the next person wants whilst one person fiddles around looking for change; worst of all, not being able to do SIMPLE Maths and knowing the price BEFORE they have to go all the way to the till and back to tell you. Seriously, the amount of people who can't seem to add the cost of 2 £2.80 pints so the customer can be finding money as the drinks are being poured is absurd.

all of them = THIS!

add that to bar staff who serve by "section" and not who has actually been standing there longer.

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
People who get annoyed with people taking an extra minute or so at a cashpoint - does it really matter?

Having said that slow drivers annoy me no end, although it probably only costs a few minutes.

People who say "them" when they mean "those"

People who don't let you finish what you are saying, or completely interrupt you.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
1) Chavs who go around looking for trouble for no apparent reason apart from having desperately sad lives and have nothing else to do.
2) Ugly sluts who then get attention from desperados as they are wearing little clothing and are smothered in fake tan.
3) Lengthy delays on trains and then trains terminating prematurely forcing an unnecessary change of platforms :rant:

Fawkesy

Apr 11, 2009
1- Foreign Owners in ENGLISH football
2- Cash for your gold adverts/ compaines
3-Slow Walkers

Rant over

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Traffic lights - We have ten times the number of traffic lights we actually need. Traffic lights on roundabouts are the worst. Waht a waste of time. Drives me crazy

Totally agree. Driving from the old Goldstone ground to Kingston Lane you must go through about 20 sets of lights including pedestrian crossings with lights. It seems every time they build a retail park, recycling centre etc. they feel the need for yet more lights. I don’t know why they don’t let us do what they do in the States where you can make a right turn (would be left in the UK) against a red light when your route ahead is clear. They brought it in as a petrol / pollution saving measure as it avoids having stacks of cars waiting at red lights when the road ahead is empty. I know the lights are supposed to have sensors which should change when there is no traffic but they never seem to work.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Customers who expect you to know every single item you sell and where it is precisely located within a large supermarket.

People (usually foreign) waiting around for up to 2 hours for you to complete the final reductions in said supermarket.

Customers who ask if we have any more "said item" out the back, even though it clearly says out of stock over the price ticket.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Cnuts on shop tills who first put your receipt in your hand then put your change on top of the receipt.

That's how cashiers are trained. Receipt first (folded usually), then vouchers if any are given and then change into the hand.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Customers asking something that's nothing at all to do with my department, how the f*** am I meant to know? :angry:

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
People in a hurry when i have plenty of time

People who have plenty of time when i am in a hurry

Religion

People who say - 6AM in the morning! I bloody know AM is in the morning, no need to say it twice.

People who think the words are spelt Nothink and Skelington instead of Nothing and skeleton.

Shop workers who try to pretend they didn't know you were there

Morrisons in St James st when the place is heaving and half the checkouts are closed.

Closed down pubs, especially ones that have been about for a century or more, can never be replaced.

Brussels money grabing politicians

Italy

Beggers mainly the ones sitting next to the Cashpoint

Snobs, people that think they were born better than others

People who hang back when it's their round, hoping you wont notice

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
Dangerous drivers

The twat who walks round preston park in the mornings using one of those battery powered shavers whilst walking his dog with a "oh look what i can do" attitude

Bullies

Vandals

People with no respect

People with no manners

People who think they're better than everyone else (ie most of the residents of Lewes)

Cyclists who ride on the pavement

People who don't clear up after their dogs.

People who thinks dogs are more important than people

There'll be more

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Obese people that say they are happy being fat.
Women that say they have never masturbated.
Foreign workers moaning about our country. f*** off back home then!
The saying ''bear with me''. Where i can't see it.
Aussies.
Getting an itchy bum crack in a busy street.
My farther because i am slowly turning into the miserable twit.
JLS.
Boundary road, full of very odd people.
My addiction to cigarettes.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
How are they meant to know it's not your department?

I work on/manage the Produce department. You will only find me down the aisles of Produce. How am I meant to know if we're still doing an offer on Daz washing powder which is right at the far other of the store.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
People in row behind you in the cinema kicking the seat in front of them.
Again, in a theatre or cinema; families that spend the whole performance noisily manipulating a bag of sweets. in the carrier bag..out of the carrier bag...rattle
,rattle...Gran do you want a sweet...rattle, crackle...slurp...choke....
People saying movies rather than films
People saying 'I'm just loving..' rather than 'I like'
The chavs on my train line making the English language sound so difficult.....izit dat you iz goin collidge... innit

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
People who drive with just their sidelights on. WTF??? ITs dark, or the lights are covered in snow, cant be arsed to scrape it off, not woth having. Why can you put your headlights on then? Do they think thy are saving electricity or something. A thimblefull of fuel saved at most. Their excess would cost more when they have their accident, as they cant be seen.

Foglights and sidelights, what tw@ts!

:rant:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here