What are the chances of an Albion v Palace playoff final?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
True, I wouldn't want to tar everyone with the same brush, and in real life I know some GREAT Palace fans. Mr Murray does seem to have a gift for arrogant posts though.

I try to be more reasonable when responding to sensible posters. Unfortunately SOG, Major, and a few others are simply too stupid to talk to without dealing in extremes.

I do genuinely believe that Palace finishing in the top 6 is far more likely than Brighton. As do the bookies, and most of the rest of the Championship I'd imagine.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
We continue to build sustainably and responsibly. It's boring, I know, but it beats one season in the top flight, followed by a spell in administration, twice.

Glenn-Murray

Banned
Jun 24, 2011
We continue to build sustainably and responsibly. It's boring, I know, but it beats one season in the top flight, followed by a spell in administration, twice.

Thankfully this time if we only get 1 season in the top flight, we'll be able to line our pockets with almost £100m :)

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011

You're spending far more than us mate...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One scrappy win and the deluded Weeds think they are dead certs for the playoffs,I just love it when Palace keep getting right up their noses.
Anything other than a win for them on Tuesday and it will be are we good enough again.
I do wish we'd stop making it easy for these people to come on here, randomly hit their keyboard and still be right.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Thankfully this time if we only get 1 season in the top flight, we'll be able to line our pockets with almost £100m :)

The trouble is that, of that £100 million, you will spend £200 million and pay back £1 million.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Our back 4 isn't weak. Our reserve back 4 that we have been forced to play in the last couple of months is weak. Once Ward, Paddy, Gabbidon and Parr are back we'll be fine.

I see, it's down to your reserve defence that your form is shit, nothing to do with Wurzel then :lol:. Talking of reserve defences, try a right winger at rb, rb at cb and Marcos painter at lb. THAT'S a reserve defence Steve.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

We haven't got an academy funded by not paying our bills, and strangely we needed to overhaul our LEAGUE 1 squad, and we are in receipt of far more in ticket sales, merchandise sales, corporate income and matchday income than you.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
After 120 mins at Wembley it's all square at 2-2, step forward...

Lopez,
Vicente,
Bruno,
Bridge,
Ulloa
And prey they don't bag all 5, too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Have to agree, his posts are arrogant. Most Palace fans are more realistic though so don't tar us all with the same brush. You have your own arrogant set of fans on here like Seagull over Grimsby, WCP and the biggest knob of all, The Major so it applies for both sides.

This is why I wish we had an away forum where all the wind up merchants can wind away to their heart's content. The more reasonable away fans can still join in on the Big Board but when it gets out of hand it can be moved away.
As for the play off final against Palace, I would hate it. I would need valium to get through it or lock myself away in a darkened room until it was all over.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing

The club is paying back the chairman the money that he spent to have the Amex built. That is called investment. Compare our way with the Leicester way, which was to build their stadium at a cost of £60 million, find themselves in debt to the tune of £60 million - by some strange coincidence - enter administration, see their debts written off, and, effectively, have their stadium built for free. Such is the type of club that we are competing with.

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I am very cheery about the run-in now, and for one simple reason. The pressure is just not on us any more. I think it was, earlier in the season.

But it isn't now, because we have frittered away so many points on drawn games we should have won, and been so far off the main group of five and in another group of about 10 apparently going for one place that no one expects us to go up.

For Palace, however, things are very different. They have been in the top two for a long, long time and are still very well placed for the play-offs.

There is a clear horror scenario that might unfold for them. I don't think that needs elaborating - but I will anyway.

We get on a roll, their patchy form continues, not helped by Zaha's form tailing off with all the distractions.

We sneak into the play-offs, helped by a morale-boosting win over them that badly dents their own prospects.

And despite them dreaming about automatic promotion for much of the season, they end up losing to us in the play-offs, either semis or the final. And that is why I don't mind at all that jokers like Glenn-Murray come on here saying how crap we are. Talk yourselves up, son! The worst may yet happen.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
We haven't got an academy funded by not paying our bills, and strangely we needed to overhaul our LEAGUE 1 squad, and we are in receipt of far more in ticket sales, merchandise sales, corporate income and matchday income than you.

Are the old admin line, suprised it took you that long to bring it out. Our academy was well in place before we took out the small loan that caused our eventul administration. You do realise that most clubs in this league have a bigger debt than we did? It was the fact that the loan was called in all in one go by an immoral hedge fund that f***ed us. So don't try and point score on that one, it won't wash with us.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
I am very cheery about the run-in now, and for one simple reason. The pressure is just not on us any more. I think it was, earlier in the season.

But it isn't now, because we have frittered away so many points on drawn games we should have won, and been so far off the main group of five and in another group of about 10 apparently going for one place that no one expects us to go up.

For Palace, however, things are very different. They have been in the top two for a long, long time and are still very well placed for the play-offs.

There is a clear horror scenario that might unfold for them. I don't think that needs elaborating - but I will anyway.

We get on a roll, their patchy form continues, not helped by Zaha's form tailing off with all the distractions.

We sneak into the play-offs, helped by a morale-boosting win over them that badly dents their own prospects.

And despite them dreaming about automatic promotion for much of the season, they end up losing to us in the play-offs, either semis or the final. And that is why I don't mind at all that jokers like Glenn-Murray come on here saying how crap we are. Talk yourselves up, son! The worst may yet happen.

Ask yourself this. Who was expected to make the play-offs at the start of the season and who was expected to be in a relegation battle? There is no pressure on Palace, I assure you. This season has been immense already, we have suprised a lot of people and if we complete the job, the players would go down under the stuff of legends. Let's wait and see.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Are the old admin line, suprised it took you that long to bring it out. Our academy was well in place before we took out the small loan that caused our eventul administration. You do realise that most clubs in this league have a bigger debt than we did? It was the fact that the loan was called in all in one go by an immoral hedge fund that f***ed us. So don't try and point score on that one, it won't wash with us.

Bless, one of your lot agreed that if £millions hadn't been pumped into your academy then you would have avoided 1 of your administrations so you aren't speaking for all palarse fans on that one poppet. Facts are palarse have done admin TWICE spending money they didn't have.

Now you're going to tell me the second one doesn't count aren't you petal x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports