What are the chances of an Albion v Palace playoff final?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
sums it up

Yep, fickle is my middle name, or is it??? Been saying for ages, like many on here play two strikers. He does and we win, also think we would have won easier with some pace and width, either Lualua or Buckley must start. Poyet said before the game yesterday that he has done what everyone wants, except himself, as in start with two up front. But he still stopped short of playing one of the wingers. We won....so he must keep it the same....Team for Tuesday and i'm assuming Orlandi is injured.
TK, Bruno, El Abd, Upson, Bridge, Bridcutt, Lopez, Buckley, Vicente, Hoskins, Ulloa.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
What a difference a day makes .

Well i was going to start a thread "What a difference a week makes"
Still your right........me personally,have all season,still think we could take 2nd spot.......would we be ready to go up? No,but it can be done..

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
But we will??? They can turm their form around just like everyone assume's we are going to. Let's not forget that they are the one's currently in 5th, not us and with a 7 pt cushion. What a big game it could be when we play them at the Amex.

Yes, and we will more than likely bottle it again. We have some good technical footballers, but no one that gets in there and hurts the opposition throughout the game.

We have only got one angry man..Ashley Barnes!!

Yoda

English & European
Yep, fickle is my middle name, or is it??? Been saying for ages, like many on here play two strikers. He does and we win, also think we would have won easier with some pace and width, either Lualua or Buckley must start. Poyet said before the game yesterday that he has done what everyone wants, except himself, as in start with two up front. But he still stopped short of playing one of the wingers. We won....so he must keep it the same....Team for Tuesday and i'm assuming Orlandi is injured.
TK, Bruno, El Abd, Upson, Bridge, Bridcutt, Lopez, Buckley, Vicente, Hoskins, Ulloa.

I thought we started with what was meant to be two wingers? Orlandi and Lopez

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
It would be dreamland for the winners of that game, but for the losers......:shootself:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would seriously hate a playoff final v Palace. Far better that they get knocked out by someone else in a playoff semi-final.

Sainsburys3tescos1

Jul 18, 2012
What a difference a day makes .

One scrappy win and the deluded Weeds think they are dead certs for the playoffs,I just love it when Palace keep getting right up their noses.
Anything other than a win for them on Tuesday and it will be are we good enough again.

peejay1958

Aug 22, 2011
Southwick
I have a gut feeling it could happen and that a certain Glenn Murray could play a significant part in the outcome. Imagine the carnage if he popped up and scored the winning goal.....

Presumably Stephen Dobbie would not be eligible to play?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
this did cross my mind this morning although dismissed almost immediately as CP won't be there

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I have a gut feeling it could happen and that a certain Glenn Murray could play a significant part in the outcome. Imagine the carnage if he popped up and scored the winning goal.....

Presumably Stephen Dobbie would not be eligible to play?

Indeed. Dobbie cannot play against us at all until his transfer becomes permanent.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I was talking to a friend about this last night and I would like this scenario: Get to the Playoff final and LOSE. Hear me out......

We simply aren't ready to go up this season, I think results so far have shown that. If we go up this sesaon, we will get smashed about week in week out. True, Gus can bring in whoever, but the squad would need time to gel. My hopes are that we get into the playoffs, go to Wembley, have a lovely day out, but come back next year stronger. Lets get rid of the squad players we don't need (Dicker, Harley, Hoskins), get an upgrade on CMS, add to what we've got - and keep Bridge, Upson and Hammond (essential IMO). Let that team gel, and if it works we'd go up without the need of the playoffs (hopefully).

I'd love to go up this season, but being realistic, we're not consistent Premiership quality - yet. I know there are going to be those who look at the Newcastle and Arsenal games and say we could, but they were one off's. I honestly wouldn't mind another year in the Championship, if it meant sustaining ourselves in the Premiership for years to come.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I was talking to a friend about this last night and I would like this scenario: Get to the Playoff final and LOSE. Hear me out......

We simply aren't ready to go up this season, I think results so far have shown that. If we go up this sesaon, we will get smashed about week in week out. True, Gus can bring in whoever, but the squad would need time to gel. My hopes are that we get into the playoffs, go to Wembley, have a lovely day out, but come back next year stronger. Lets get rid of the squad players we don't need (Dicker, Harley, Hoskins), get an upgrade on CMS, add to what we've got - and keep Bridge, Upson and Hammond (essential IMO). Let that team gel, and if it works we'd go up without the need of the playoffs (hopefully).

I'd love to go up this season, but being realistic, we're not consistent Premiership quality - yet. I know there are going to be those who look at the Newcastle and Arsenal games and say we could, but they were one off's. I honestly wouldn't mind another year in the Championship, if it meant sustaining ourselves in the Premiership for years to come.

A lot of money on the table for clubs who go up this year

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008

I'm happy with the starting team yesterday - it is so solid, and if Orlandi and Lopez actually produce the final delivery they are capable of, we will score goals. Vicente, Lua Lua, Buckley & Hoskins are all excellent impacts from the bench if we need goals, and we won't concede many with the starting line up.

I'd prefer to be solid than gung ho like Watford & Palace. All games of opinions though - as you well know!

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove

You've got to take any chance you get to go up.

We had a chance in 1991, didn't take it, and have never been in with much of a shout of even getting back to a promotion at this level since.

darters74

Jun 9, 2011
All over the place

I dont wanna get to the play-off final and lose! Cant think of anything worse!!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports