Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are the chances of an Albion v Palace playoff final?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Seriously, if Cup Final tickets are split in line with the home attendances of the competing clubs, why do small clubs in playoff finals get the same number of tickets as the bigger teams? It doesn't make sense.

Stupid system. Maybe we should come to a gentleman's agreement with Parish that they give us 10k tickets of their allocation on the sly without telling the FA (if we both end up in the final that is). Empty seats at Selhurst is the accepted norm, at Wembley much less so.

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
It's disappointing that Playoff final tickets seem to be equally distributed.

I'm not sure why a team with a small supporter base such as Palace should get the same number of tickets as a club that is well supported like the Albion.

More than likely a a whoosh moment but if you or anyone seriously thinks we wouldn't sell out our allocation at Wembley against our biggest rivals then they are utterly deluded! We sold 35,000 in our last play off final and that was at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff.

More than likely a a whoosh moment but if you or anyone seriously thinks we wouldn't sell out our allocation at Wembley agaisn't our biggest rivals then they are utterly deluded! We sold 35,000 in our last play off final and that was in at the Millenium Stadium, Cardiff.

Blimey, that's WAY over double your normal attendance, were they lapsed fans? Never Plastic surely?

5 Zero

Jul 13, 2011
Blimey, that's WAY over double your normal attendance, were they lapsed fans? Never Plastic surely?

How is 35,000 WAY over double? We have been getting 17/18k recently. Talk about exaggeration...

No doubt fickle but all teams are the same for a major final. Problem is your lot jumped from 6000 to 25000 in one year and that's for league games. Anyway, I don't want to turn this thread into another attendance/stadia war, I'm sure you want to as that's all you've got on us but honestly, it's been done a million times before.

How is 35,000 WAY over double? We have been getting 17/18k recently. Talk about exaggeration...

No doubt fickle but all teams are the same for a major final. Problem is your lot jumped from 6000 to 25000 in one year and that's for league games. Anyway, I don't want to turn this thread into another attendance/stadia war, I'm sure you want to as that's all your got on us but honestly, it's been done a million tomes before.

Too easy.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

I'm not sure why a team with a small supporter base such as Palace should get the same number of tickets as a club that is well supported like the Albion.
fdc38-Pringles_Original.jpg

No doubt fickle but all teams are the same for a major final. Problem is your lot jumped from 6000 to 25000 in one year and that's for league games. Anyway, I don't want to turn this thread into another attendance/stadia war, I'm sure you want to as that's all you've got on us but honestly, it's been done a million times before.

Because 200 of those are no shows and 1500 are the visiting team, so on average recently, I suspect there are about 14000 Palace bums on seats.

35000 is WAY over double 28000

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Going by your logic you would have got very few tickets for the play off final in Cardiff in 2004. :wink:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Going by your logic you would have got very few tickets for the play off final in Cardiff in 2004. :wink:

Initially, yes, but Bristol City wouldn't have sold out more than 40,000, so we'd have got some more anyway.

We don't want a small team like Palace getting through and there being thousands of empty seats as happened when Blackpool got through last, leaving many West Ham fans ticketless.

There should be a process to ensure the well supported clubs receive an allocation in line with their supporter base.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I'd like to think that with 40,000 on each side there would be a much higher percentage behaving like normal adults compared to the primary school playground warriors for whom abusing the opposition fans seems to be much more important and enjoyable than watching the football.

I want to beat Palace more than any other team but I just don't get the obsessive, excessive hostility, abuse and, from a minority on both sides, violence.

There would be, but with that many tickets available to both sides, ANYONE would be able to get a ticket. Every scumbag in Brighton / Croydon would be out for this one.

Apart from the violence, I think the excessive hostility and abuse is good. It's a rivalry and it's twice a season. I want both grounds to be a cauldron of hate for those games. Electrifying. Intimidating. Welcome to Hell.

The rest of the time we can carry on drinking with away fans on the concourses and generally behaving like adults.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Apart from the violence, I think the excessive hostility and abuse is good. It's a rivalry and it's twice a season. I want both grounds to be a cauldron of hate for those games. Electrifying. Intimidating. Welcome to Hell.

This :lolol:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Initially, yes, but Bristol City wouldn't have sold out more than 40,000, so we'd have got some more anyway.

We don't want a small team like Palace getting through and there being thousands of empty seats as happened when Blackpool got through last, leaving many West Ham fans ticketless.

There should be a process to ensure the well supported clubs receive an allocation in line with their supporter base.

Ok, How many ticket's would you need Bozza?

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
Give one team more tickets than the other and it would create an unfair advantage when you consider the influence of a crowd on a game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here