Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What are the chances of an Albion v Palace playoff final?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Hull looked a much better side than Brighton they just failed to take their chances

Don't agree at all. I think it was very even, 2 great saves from Kuszczak at one end, a goal, and an open goal miss at the other.

We lost 1-0 at their place, and probably didn't deserve that. So 2 even games, and perhaps 2 draws would have been fair, but now both teams can be happy with 3 points each over the 2 games, rather than 2.

the silurian

Sep 29, 2011
Administration, administration, administration administration administration....if all your other arguments fail, always go on about administration..zzzzzzzzz. Anyone would think we did it intentionally, like Leicester, instead of it being forced on us.....
We are still above you, get over it...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Ask yourself this. Who was expected to make the play-offs at the start of the season and who was expected to be in a relegation battle? There is no pressure on Palace, I assure you. This season has been immense already, we have suprised a lot of people and if we complete the job, the players would go down under the stuff of legends. Let's wait and see.

Nice try. But this isn't August, things change, expectations change. Having been up there so long, there is pressure to stay there, whether you admit it or not. Personally I thought Holloway's ludicrous rant about Watford's loans on Friday was a sign he is feeling it. Has he seriously only realised the day before that game what was going on there? Ignorance to the point of negligence about a team in your own division.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Trauma Time

Seems likely Palace and Brighton will beat the likes of Watford and Hull over the two matches.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Hull looked a much better side than Brighton they just failed to take their chances

I wouldn't say they were better, but you get these games where there isn't a lot in it and someone is going to win. And the team that wins lots of them goes up. We could all cite about eight games this season where the reverse was true with Brighton anyway. And it has cost them at least 10 points. At least.

BTW I applaud Palace for what they have done this season. I didn't have them down for relegation, but maybe mid-table at best. Some of those signings DF made were superb, and the way he made Zaha a real threat in the Championship.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Sarcasm, the lowest form of wit.
Apologies. Its like conversing with an 8 year old when Glenn-Murray is on here. My dad's bigger than your dad type of thing.

He probably does smell though.

:wink:

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
Don't agree at all. I think it was very even, 2 great saves from Kuszczak at one end, a goal, and an open goal miss at the other.

We lost 1-0 at their place, and probably didn't deserve that. So 2 even games, and perhaps 2 draws would have been fair, but now both teams can be happy with 3 points each over the 2 games, rather than 2.
Did you watch the 1st half?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I would seriously hate a playoff final v Palace. Far better that they get knocked out by someone else in a playoff semi-final.

Changed my mind on this. A play off final against Palace would be excellent.

Win or lose, we've already come through a bigger, more important match v Hereford where realistically the club's future was at stake.

Nothing to fear from a mere playoff final v Palace, and if we lost we know we'll be back and stronger. The forces driving the rise of our club would overcome such a setback - we'll be in the Premier League soon enough regardless :drink:

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
To get back to the topic of the thread, the prospect of playing that lot in a Play-off Final absolutely appalls me. For whichever side loses it'd be the worst feeling about the result of a football match they'd ever had, I imagine. I would, frankly, rather miss out ourselves than have to go through that; the week before would be like waiting for that f***ing Hereford game all over again – every time you thought about, it your stomach would lurch. And you'd think about it a lot.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I really wouldn't fancy playing Palace in the play offs, I think we all know what would happen. And I don't think I could take that.

Has anyone considered the possibility that Palace go on another run and make 2nd place, and we go up in the play offs?

Imagine two relegation 6 pointers in the Premier League with them. I'd love us to be in same division in the top flight, it would be fantastic.

The more I think about, the more I am convinced that I wouldn't go if it happened.

People would die, and I'm not talking about violence here, I'm talking about heart attacks. Just thinking about it I can feel my heart rate go up along with my blood pressure.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
The more I think about, the more I am convinced that I wouldn't go if it happened.

People would die, and I'm not talking about violence here, I'm talking about heart attacks. Just thinking about it I can feel my heart rate go up along with my blood pressure.

What? Are you mad? I understand why you've said that, but it would be one of the biggest Albion games in recent memory. I know what it would be like if we lost, but imagine how sweeeeet it would be if we won.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
What? Are you mad? I understand why you've said that, but it would be one of the biggest Albion games in recent memory. I know what it would be like if we lost, but imagine how sweeeeet it would be if we won.

I do know what he means, I have the same feeling about going to Selhurst. I'm genuinely considering not going next time we play there, but then when it actually comes around it's difficult to stay away. We need to f***ing beat them at the Amex this time, then the prospect of playing them in the play offs won't feel so horrific.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here