Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a complete f*** up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forster's Armband

Sep 23, 2008
London
COPPELL WAS SOUNDED OUT NOT OFFERED THE JOB, YOU CAN'T TURN DOWN SOMETHING YOU ARE NOT OFFERED AAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH

:tantrum:

I am sorry Mr Burns but some of the post you have made today are utterly stupid and make no sense. I am sorry as well that some have chosen to abuse you about this in a nasty way. I mean you no harm but give it a f***ing rest for a while people are getting sick of it.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I admire your optimism, but we have to be able to compete with (ahem) the big-guns in this division - & I honestly don't think we have the quality to do that at the moment. If Tony Bloom is serious about getting a manager in who's done the biz at a higher level, he's gonna have to put his hand in his pocket & give the guy a budget to compete with the likes of Leeds, Charlton, Norwich & Southampton imo. Unfortunately (albeit understandably), he appears to be reluctant &/or unable to splash the cash at present - & unless he gets a management team who can work wonders with what we already have at the club, I think we'll have to accept that L1 is where we are gonna be stuck for the foreseeable future. :shrug:
I think you could be right there.

I still hope this is just a stand off and we'll still get Coppell. The best thing that could happen now is, Hull lose, sack the manager, and appoint a new one in record time.

I so badly want it to be Coppell, as I think if we want a quick fix, he's the only man available capable of doing it.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Ah.

"I dont doubt he knew Coppell was approached" what part of the post was you talking about then? I said a week ago Monday Coppell was approached, and you now don't doubt I knew that. Make your mind up mate? It obvious you are just going to rubbish anythings that's sad, and then accept it when it's turn out to be true in the coming days/weeks, when in the meantime your rubbishing the next thing thats said. I won't ask you to close the door, cause I doubt it your bright enough to find the door. I'm surpised you can even manage to type, all you know what they say about what happens if you stick enough chimps in a room with a typewriter:thumbsup:

But then again, I think you may just be trying to keep me chatting.

Are you coming onto me?:love:

I was talking about the part you blatantly made up...I doubt I could reach your level of 'brightness'

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Can't quite see why Mr Burns is getting all the grief.

He's quite obviously got an inside track on things and I doubt whether half the playing squad and Dick Knight would have gone to the press if they didn't think there was a chance of getting Coppell.

I seem to recall Bozza going for Gold as well.

Keep posting the rumours Mr Burns, I for one enjoy them.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I was talking about the part you blatantly made up...I doubt I could reach your level of 'brightness'
I think you have way passed my level of brightness as you've completey lost me now.

What Have I blatantly mad up? I quoted what you said in another thread. You now don't dout what was said last week, but your flamig the latest post. That's what I said isn't it!:p:lolol::facepalm: How have I missed quoted?

I dont doubt he knew Coppell was approached, however, the whole post about Coppell turning us down because there was no money and that TB said that the current playing staff were good enough is just complete and utter rubbish.

As I said you before, this is just your little way of keeping me chatting isn't it sweetheart.:love:

Sorry but I'm taken.:wave:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I don't get it, are you saying Coppell was approached before this week? Cos all the reports, and the quotes, come from yesterday (5th Nov) saying "on initial contact he ruled himself out". I read into that, he ruled himself out immedeately, with no further consideration. The reports were made on Nov 5th, which suggests that nothing had been discussed, considered or suggested before, apart from loads of speculation by people other than SC or TB.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I think you have way passed my level of brightness as you've completey lost me now.

What Have I blatantly mad up? I quoted what you said in another thread. You now don't dout what was said last week, but your flamig the latest post. That's what I said isn't it!:p:lolol::facepalm: How have I missed quoted?

As I said you before, this is just your little way of keeping me chatting isn't it sweetheart.:love:

Sorry but I'm taken.:wave:

excellent, yes of course I am in love with you big boy.

now, one last time....then it is the weekend....

It was upon talking about finances for the squad, that he was told theres no funds available, and that Bloom feels he's spent enough on the squad already and that he has to work with whats here, and that's when Coppell decleared himself out, and probably why Bloom next choice Dennis Wise as declared himself out, and no doubt many others will also not be interested.

this is made up because it NEVER happened

have a good one sweetcake

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
excellent, yes of course I am in love with you big boy.

now, one last time....then it is the weekend....

It was upon talking about finances for the squad, that he was told theres no funds available, and that Bloom feels he's spent enough on the squad already and that he has to work with whats here, and that's when Coppell decleared himself out, and probably why Bloom next choice Dennis Wise as declared himself out, and no doubt many others will also not be interested.

this is made up because it NEVER happened

have a good one sweetcake

May well be. May never have happened. I'm passing on what my source told me. The same source that has been correct on the last three mangerial sackings. If he hadn't told me Coppell was approached last week, I wouldn't have posted what he told me today. If Slade hadn't been sacked, then I wouldhave had egg on my face posting about Coppell, but the fact he was right on that, suggest theres no reason why he isn't correct here.

You could say I shouldn't post anything until I know its fact, but then we may as well all go an read the club webiste:drama:

ANd if it NEVER happened and you're so sure, please let us know why Coppell ruled himself out, or are you saying he was never approached, never spoke to Bloom about the job, but just deceided out of the blue yesterday to announced himself out?

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I don't get it, are you saying Coppell was approached before this week? Cos all the reports, and the quotes, come from yesterday (5th Nov) saying "on initial contact he ruled himself out". I read into that, he ruled himself out immedeately, with no further consideration. The reports were made on Nov 5th, which suggests that nothing had been discussed, considered or suggested before, apart from loads of speculation by people other than SC or TB.
If you really believe Coppell was first approached yesterday, then you have to believe that we have waited for four days to make our first move. If this was the case, Hinchlewood would have been told he was in charge for Saturdays game on Moday wouldn't he, instead of leaving it until Wednesday?

The club are hardy going to say we approached a new manager before we sacked the old one are they.

Please don't be gulliable enough to think Coppell and probably others weren't sounded out before we sacked Slade. It's how football works.

If you beleive that Coppll wasn't approached before Slade was sacked, and that the lub are whiter than white, then you must beleive that Micky Adams wasn't approached over Dean Wilkins' job until after we sacked WIlkins?

And I think it's common knowledge on here now, that Adams was sounded out months before Wilkins got the boot

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me

Coppell was asked if he would be interested in returning. His reply was "Yes" but that was before meeting with TB. Something must have happened during the meeting to change Coppells mind.

Anyway I wouldn't want Coppell back, what with little cox, TB & VD we'd get ourselves a reputation!!!!! :facepalm:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
But didn't you say a week ago last Monday? That’s all but eleven days before the reports were written on the 5th. Surely if he ruled himself out immediately then that would have been reported eleven days ago, or certainly sooner than yesterday. It was a good guess that Coppell would have been approached, likewise for Wise, Gannon, and many of the others that have come up on here.
But if you were told specific things, money, transfers, no more funds, Bloom has spent enough, etc, you have to accept, the information you were told was wrong, blatantly wrong. The person who told you these things either thinks you're gullible enough, or daft enough, to believe it, or possibly he wanted to get a rumour started so thought you would do it for him, or perhaps he is just the sort of person who lives in a fantasy world and likes to start unfounded rumours.

Last Summer

well f*ck a duck!
Jun 12, 2008
The Hill
I really don't buy any of this "I knew before it happened" and "it happened because" bolloxs being posted on here lately.
Saying Slade would go... that was going to be pretty obvious considering the run of results... well done for predicting what none of us could see!!
Coppell's being touted... well considering he's out of a job and has connections with us... well done... would never have thought of that name!
Coppell's turned us down due to no funds... really?... Nice arse covering though... considering no-one will ever really know as Coppell's hardly going to say why is he?!

My magic 8 ball is probably as "In the know" as most of the posters on here at the moment! :wanker:

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
If you really believe Coppell was first approached yesterday, then you have to believe that we have waited for four days to make our first move. If this was the case, Hinchlewood would have been told he was in charge for Saturdays game on Moday wouldn't he, instead of leaving it until Wednesday?

Can I throw in this little nugget? It's a quote from Insider, and was posted on Monday evening.

I'm afraid I don't know who's on the shortlist, but having spoken at length with TB today (interview to be aired on Seagulls Player tomorrow) I am not expecting to see Dennis Wise appointed. His criteria suggests that it will be a manager or coach, with a fair amount of experience and an impressive CV, and it won't be an appointment from within.

It's very likely (almost certain) Hinsh, Steve and Charlie will be in charge this weekend, and possibly into next week and even beyond, as TB wants to make sure he gets the best possible candidate.

Now if he is posting that on Monday evening, do you not think it the case that Martin Hinshelwood would have been informed on this before then?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
But didn't you say a week ago last Monday? That’s all but eleven days before the reports were written on the 5th. Surely if he ruled himself out immediately then that would have been reported eleven days ago, or certainly sooner than yesterday. It was a good guess that Coppell would have been approached, likewise for Wise, Gannon, and many of the others that have come up on here.
But if you were told specific things, money, transfers, no more funds, Bloom has spent enough, etc, you have to accept, the information you were told was wrong, blatantly wrong. The person who told you these things either thinks you're gullible enough, or daft enough, to believe it, or possibly he wanted to get a rumour started so thought you would do it for him, or perhaps he is just the sort of person who lives in a fantasy world and likes to start unfounded rumours.

A? Are you for real?

How could they have reported that Coppell turned us down 11 day ago, when Slade was still in the job?

I was told last Monday he was approached. I was told TODAY about the funds thing, which I was guess was debated yesterday or Tuesday before Coppell ruled himself out??

Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but with respect, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick there

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
mr burns has been correct in the past, most of you prob saying its not true as it is something u dont want to believe when in reality its true, a lot has been spent, he should not have to give more now.

Tell us who are Blooms top 3 targets now? and has anyone actually been INTERVIEWED to your knowledge?

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Can I throw in this little nugget? It's a quote from Insider, and was posted on Monday evening.

I'm afraid I don't know who's on the shortlist, but having spoken at length with TB today (interview to be aired on Seagulls Player tomorrow) I am not expecting to see Dennis Wise appointed. His criteria suggests that it will be a manager or coach, with a fair amount of experience and an impressive CV, and it won't be an appointment from within.

It's very likely (almost certain) Hinsh, Steve and Charlie will be in charge this weekend, and possibly into next week and even beyond, as TB wants to make sure he gets the best possible candidate.

Now if he is posting that on Monday evening, do you not think it the case that Martin Hinshelwood would have been informed on this before then?
Fair enough, but I think you'll find Martin Hinchlewood said in an interview, that he's may be here for a couple of days maybe more. It wasn't until I think Wednesday we were told he was definately in charge for the weekend, so it woul suggest Hinchlewood didn't know until Wednesday he was taking the team either.

If that was the case, why not just say on Monday to the press, that he will be in charge for at least until after the Cup game.

But if we are to believe this "fair amount of experience and an impressive CV" the club have made a rod for their own back there really. If the Insider is to be believed, it's gotta be someone older and proven, if Wise wasn't considered. I don't see any names on the list hat fits that discription, who would be interested IF these funds stories are true. Maybe expect John Gregory!! Please God NO!

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
Why?

Was saying Coppell's been approached a week ago Monday, a wind up.

Sorry, I misunderstood this to mean what it says, a week ago Monday, i.e. Monday 26th October.

Perhaps I should read all the other things you have written to see if there are any other misunderstandings on my part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here