Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a complete f*** up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
What a load of tosh. Who would verbally agree a job without knowing the wage, staff, budget etc?
Oh god. Example

Football chairman to manager - "Do you want the job?"

Manager "Yep I want it lets meet tomorrow and discuss it"

Meeting - Chairman "You can have this this and this".

Manager "MMM I want this this and this"

Chairman "No"

Manager "Bye then"

I would imagine thats how you would verbally agree to a job

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
Oh god. Example

Football chairman to manager - "Do you want the job?"

Manager "Yep I want it lets meet tomorrow and discuss it"

Meeting - Chairman "You can have this this and this".

Manager "MMM I want this this and this"

Chairman "No"

Manager "Bye then"

I would imagine thats how you would verbally agree to a job

Surely manager would say I am interested whats on offer?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
I thought we were told that there had been no contact with SC until this week, and then he said he wasn't interested. Therefore, how can anyone have said a week ago Monday that he had been approached, when he (or his people) have stated there was no contact prior to this week, and I quote:
"But on initial contact he ruled himself out." this is dated 5th November, yesterday.

:confused:

Mar 10, 2006
Sounds like a load of bollocks to me - seems that nearly everyone on here has a source who's told them this that and the other. if they were all true we would have a playing staff of 200 and 20 odd managers. Wouldn't be surprised if this story of Coppell being the main candidate is just a smoke screen thrown up by the club while they go quietly about their business.

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
I thought we were told that there had been no contact with SC until this week, and then he said he wasn't interested. Therefore, how can anyone have said a week ago Monday that he had been approached, when he (or his people) have stated there was no contact prior to this week, and I quote:
"But on initial contact he ruled himself out." this is dated 5th November, yesterday.

:confused:

don't be confused, you are dealing in FACTS - they are dealing in FICTION.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
this thread is a BINFEST of the highest order :lolol:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
this thread is a BINFEST of the highest order :lolol:
Funny thing is there are loads of posters out there who knew about Coppell the same time as I did, and probably know about why Coppell turned us down, but on't post because of the flaming they would get, even though in the end the stories usually come right.

But as I'm deflecting all this off onto Springfield most hated man, and no one knows who I am, I couldn't give a monkies arse what people say.

I'm only posting what I know, and so far so good. Give days his may come to be fact, like the fact Coppell was aproached has been proved to be true. Then again it might not. It's just what a very realiable source has been saying.

Can't see much point in posting it after its been reported in the Argus.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Make your mind up:shrug:
I realy dont wish to be part of the pack mentality rounding on the fallen antelope, but please just take a chill pill cup cake and take a couple of days off, I have supported you if somwhat from the side lines in the past but i'm not sure now, the sceptic in me thinks I know who you are???

Rusthall Seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Tunbridge wells
Funny thing is there are loads of posters out there who knew about Coppell the same time as I did, and probably know about why Coppell turned us down, but on't post because of the flaming they would get, even though in the end the stories usually come right.

But as I'm deflecting all this off onto Springfield most hated man, and no one knows who I am, I couldn't give a monkies arse what people say.

I'm only posting what I know, and so far so good. Give days his may come to be fact, like the fact Coppell was aproached has been proved to be true. Then again it might not. It's just what a very realiable source has been saying.

Can't see much point in posting it after its been reported in the Argus.

once again, what you KNOW is not actually true though

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Why would you need money for players? We have a squad capable of promotion. Now need a manager to go with that.

Im sure he will tell the manager, there will be money IF we are promoted. We only need an experienced CB, and a fit mcnulty, and perhaps to sell murray, and replace him the fee from selling, and a new goalkeeper in the summer.

I admire your optimism, but we have to be able to compete with (ahem) the big-guns in this division - & I honestly don't think we have the quality to do that at the moment. If Tony Bloom is serious about getting a manager in who's done the biz at a higher level, he's gonna have to put his hand in his pocket & give the guy a budget to compete with the likes of Leeds, Charlton, Norwich & Southampton imo. Unfortunately (albeit understandably), he appears to be reluctant &/or unable to splash the cash at present - & unless he gets a management team who can work wonders with what we already have at the club, I think we'll have to accept that L1 is where we are gonna be stuck for the foreseeable future. :shrug:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
poor effort - you know exactly what part of the post I was talking about.

I know it is not true, so just accept it and close the door on your way out.
Ah.

"I dont doubt he knew Coppell was approached" what part of the post was you talking about then? I said a week ago Monday Coppell was approached, and you now don't doubt I knew that. Make your mind up mate? It obvious you are just going to rubbish anythings that's sad, and then accept it when it's turn out to be true in the coming days/weeks, when in the meantime your rubbishing the next thing thats said. I won't ask you to close the door, cause I doubt it your bright enough to find the door. I'm surpised you can even manage to type, all you know what they say about what happens if you stick enough chimps in a room with a typewriter:thumbsup:

But then again, I think you may just be trying to keep me chatting.

Are you coming onto me?:love:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here