Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What a complete f*** up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
This gets better and better. Haven't read all the other threads so this could be old news but Coppell verbally agreed to take he job when approached.

It was upon talking about finances for the squad, that he was told theres no funds available, and that Bloom feels he's spent enough on the squad already and that he has to work with whats here, and that's when Coppell decleared himself out, and probably why Bloom next choice Dennis Wise as declared himself out, and no doubt many others will also not be interested.

So not only was Coppell approached, he accepted he job verbally. But who can blame him, if he has to work with the shower of shit that we have out there at the moment.

So choice one Coppell, and choice two Wise, have both said no. Talk about deja vu.

So here we go again, we'll end up with who we can get. Maybe John Gregory is worth a punt at the bookies, as he's probably the only high profile manager desperate enough to take it, but then even he will probably say no without funds. We'll end up with another Slade type, from the lower divisionin the hope that he comes good. So if you fancy a flutter with Victor C, close your eyes and point to name on the list, because I think that's what the board are doing today

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
This is all ridiculous, it being called a balls up and everyone getting pissy because Coppell has been ruled out. If you strip it back and ignore all the talk on here and in the Arsegas what has relly happened?

We've sacked a manager who couldn't seem to get the team to defend AT ALL and are looking for a replacement with plenty of time before the next league game and one possible manager has been ruled out.

I don't really see the f*** up.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
This gets better and better. Haven't read all the other threads so this could be old news but Coppell verbally agreed to take he job when approached.

It was upon talking about finances for the squad, that he was told theres no funds available, and that Bloom feels he's spent enough on the squad already and that he has to work with whats here, and that's when Coppell decleared himself out, and probably why Bloom next choice Dennis Wise as declared himself out, and no doubt many others will also not be interested.

So not only was Coppell approached, he accepted he job verbally. But who can blame him, if he has to work with the shower of shit that we have out there at the moment.

So choice one Coppell, and choice two Wise, have both said no. Talk about deja vu.

So here we go again, we'll end up with who we can get. Maybe John Gregory is worth a punt at the bookies, as he's probably the only high profile manager desperate enough to take it, but then even he will probably say no without funds. We'll end up with another Slade type, from the lower divisionin the hope that he comes good. So if you fancy a flutter with Victor C, close your eyes and point to name on the list, because I think that's what the board are doing today

I can't believe that he would have no budget - maybe not multimillions but Bloom knows that the squad will need further investment to gain promotion.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
If this is true, then the decision to oust RS seems a touch hasty, Maybe TB should have got a definite 'Yes' off someone before leaving us with a threadbare coaching set up throughout the club.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is all ridiculous, it being called a balls up and everyone getting pissy because Coppell has been ruled out. If you strip it back and ignore all the talk on here and in the Arsegas what has relly happened?

We've sacked a manager who couldn't seem to get the team to defend AT ALL and are looking for a replacement with plenty of time before the next league game and one possible manager has been ruled out.

EXACTLY. I'm glad I'm not the only one who hasn't lost my shit over this. :clap:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
if he's not moaning about the webcam he's making ASSUMPTIONS.....Mr. Burns stop FISHING already!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

source? or is this just bollocks. because from what Bloom has said in the Argus, Coppell ruled it out when approached (and theres nothing to suggest Wise was even approached), or do you call Bloom a liar?

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
with the greatest respect in the world i dont believe you. Also on that note we have spent handsomely on players over the last year the squad should be doing a lot better than it is. Wise i dont think was ever a realistic target, Coppell i imagine is just looking for a higher profile appointment, Ken Brown or Tony Bloom would have approached him (Coppell) personally so unless your source is one of those two i fail to see any basis for those rumours and believe the clubs stance on this. I think Steve Tilson or even Poyet were always far more realistic. But i will stress no disrespect to you i just feel you have been led up the garden path on this one.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
source? or is this just bollocks. because from what Bloom has said in the Argus, he ruled it out when approached, or do you call Bloom a liar?

He heard the entire conversation. Having read his posts on here, Bloom has decided he's got such a brilliant brain he should be involved in all telephone conversations regarding the new managerial position, including interviews. This was no exception.

spunkmonkey

Jul 11, 2005
Eastbourne
Well said Chappers, anybody would have thought this had been going on for weeks! The squad is not that bad and I am pretty certain that by moving some out the new manager could get his own players in.

One question how do we know Coppell rejected the post after being told he had no cash? Is this insider knowledge?

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

agreed, and I don't see why everyone is so keen to jerk off Steve Coppell, yeah, he did a decent job in the past- but there are plenty more decent managers around....

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
Do we really need more players. I honestly think what we have player wise is good enough.

Think about this from Blooms perspective, you just spent 1,000,000+ bringing in new players, paid 80,000,000 for the stadium, would you really pump more money in for players.

What we need is a manager to get the best out of them, within the budget. And if the manager does not like the budget, then i'm afraid so be it.

We need to make do with what we have, because as so many have said, on paper we have one of the best teams in this league, so we need to make it work.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
He heard the entire conversation. Having read his posts on here, Bloom has decided he's got such a brilliant brain he should be involved in all telephone conversations regarding the new managerial position, including interviews. This was no exception.
For the record I find it quite strange as well regarding funds. I thought with the clear out in the summer there would still be funds for more players.

But I'm saying what I've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here