Living In a Box
John Boy said:
What about people with ticket stubs?

For round 1 & 2 of the FA Cup yes bit not JPT

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
Kylies Stunt Arse said:
Yes but it's not about who contributes the MOST, it's about coming up with large sums of cash 6 months or so before the new season is even going to start! You might pay more every season, but you can eke it out over the course of the season, which is a lot easier.

Indeed, but this wasn't really being argued by some posters who seemed to think that the criteria for getting a ticket should be the quantity of money pumped into the club by an individual.

The point remains though that if a system is established whereby STH get priority on away tickets, the people that also contribute healthily to the club but not are STH will then miss out and will then be the ones that consider withdrawing their contributions to the club. And that will hurt us too.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Large One said:
Myself, I can't see the issue. No rules have been broken, the system was adhered to by the club, and, most importantly, everyone knew this when they bought their season tickets.

I know what people are saying, - the system itself is wrong. OK, that's one point of view, but then surely someone could have seen this scenario coming whereby some were going to miss out. Why was that not addressed by the fans and/or the club when this current system was introduced two and a half years ago? If it was seen that the system was wrong/unfair/whatever, why was it not spotted by SOMEONE?

Failing that, SOMEONE come up with a system which suits EVERYONE. Please.
The issue is that the club's most important customers have not been looked after on this occasion. Lets remember, we've just been relegated and can't fill our crap ground - yet some people have doubtless renewed out of blind loyalty. They deserve better.

Sure this debate is beyond boring, sure Beachy has gone a bit OTT, but as he says, the proof will be at renewals time. And after all the fuss he's made, I actually hope Beach Hut is a man of principal and *doesn't* renew (unless the club reviews its STH policy)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
DJ Leon said:
Indeed, but this wasn't really being argued by some posters who seemed to think that the criteria for getting a ticket should be the quantity of money pumped into the club by an individual.

Cheap shot - you know when they ask for renewals

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
DJ Leon said:
I buy a ticket for most game

The are you saying you don't for ALL games eg unlike a STH? Not overlooking the fact we only have your word for this whilst the club has a £500+ 'word' up front from a STH.....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
portlock seagull said:
Sponsors etc wouldn't be drawn to the club if there wasn't a club and there wouldn't be a club if the bloody STH's didn't cough up months in advance to secure the clubs existence each season. That's why they should have priority, coupled with the twin facts that you can't measure away loyalty nor does it contribute to the club. And yes I do bloody well believe we should have priority or have I missed the million pound signings, the oyster bars, the exec.boxes that isn't the cash-strapped reality of playing at Withdean? FFS. I'll probably get a ticket in the West Ham end, and at this rate I'll be cheering for them!

This club is such a bizzare one to support so it really shouldn;t be any surprise we have a bizzare ticket policy in most other clubs fans eyes.
You're quite right - shame and disgrace on the club for thinking of non-Season Ticket Holders at this time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
John Boy said:
What if a lot of season ticket holders didn't attend either FA Cup match? Would they get priority over non STHs who did?

Their loss - I kept my stubbs

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The Large One said:
You're quite right - shame and disgrace on the club for thinking of non-Season Ticket Holders at this time.
...ahead of the people who stumped up £500 at the start of the season.

Yep, totally agree.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Large One said:

Yes, you're definately one in the clique by that reply!

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
So an away member who might not have seen one Albion game this season but legged it down to the Club shop on the Tuesday morning gets a ticket in front of a season ticket holder who not only has seen every home game but also paid for the 2 FA Cup home matches as well as gone to some/all away games.
That seems to me a well thought out policy and totally rewards the right people :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Beach Hut said:
I am not stirring up anything just putting up a very robust debate that is quite true and being supported.

No I will not let it rest until the club accepts time to re-think.

It's not robust. It's the mother of all whinges. The rules were not hidden before the allocation. There is no big conspiracy.

A debate cannot be true or false either. It's a point of view. There are other points of view that are equally supported. There's even a point of view that you should now stop moaning that is very very well supported. You have not put forward a system that satisfies everyone, it only fully satisfies your side's viewpoint. There are other types of fans that are equally deserving but would divvy out under your rules.

Please, for the love of Baby Jesus and all his little elves, move on with your life.

DJ Leon said:
Well I never thought it would be a big change, just as I doubt the number not renewing STs because they didn't get a W. Ham ticket will be big.

Do you have the ST numbers for the last few seasons?

I don't have the numbers, however, I suspect that they are down-year on year, for a couple of years. I know of at least 25 people who used to sit (STH) in the same area as me and I'm the last one standing. Over the last couple of years they've all not renewed. I also know of others who travel long distances for home games (4 hours each way) who didn't get tickets and are reviewing their options.

The club might get a bit of a bloody nose with this one. They might not. One thing's for sure-they should listen to their customer base at the very least or it will dwindle further.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The Large One said:
Failing that, SOMEONE come up with a system which suits EVERYONE. Please.

Or follow practically every other club in the land and reward your most loyal customers first.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
portlock seagull said:
The are you saying you don't for ALL games eg unlike a STH? Not overlooking the fact we only have your word for this whilst the club has a £500+ 'word' up front from a STH.....

?

A STH buys tickets for all the home games at a discounted price. I buy tickets for almost all the games at full price. We both contribute a lot and I'm sure the club is grateful to us both.

The point is STH give their money up front when the club isn't generating a decent income, which maybe makes their money even more valuable than mine. But that's not to say it wouldn't hurt the club if I (and others like me) withdrew my contribution.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The Large One said:
Sorry, but for that reply, you're getting another...

:thud:

Clique? Sweet f***ing Jesus.

TLO - I'm outta this thread. It's like 'last of the summer wine' in this one. A load of grumpy blokes going on about the same thing for what seems like forever.

and just as unfunny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports