Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Mr Perry

Beach Hut said:
Anyway there are us in one camp and you guys in the other so that is where we stand as we clearly cannot find common ground.

I actually did think some common ground was emerging with the idea of tweaking the current system to increase the proportion of tickets available to season ticket holders to around two-thirds.

But heavens, how boring, let us all stay in our camps and let the NSC bun fight continue! :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Barrel of Fun said:
I am not a STH, but I have only missed the Swansea game this seaon (I am better than you! :dunce: All to do with personal circumstances and budget etc.) The trouble with these games is that you WILL get people crawling out of the woodwork.

There are so many angles....

It is an away game - so you would think the away crowd should get priority.

OR

It is a bonus game and the home crowd should get priority.

AND SO ON....

Very difficult, but I find this STH should be looked after a bit far fetched. Yes, they do cough up all the money in March, but they know full well what the benefits are AND they get a discount.

We are very lucky to have a decent board - Look at Brighton of old; Roman (Ticket hikes); Hearts; etc. etc.

If you are grumbling about how the board and MP are running the cub, then perhaps you need to dust off the old copy of 'Build a bonfire' and remember how close we were to destruction and how much of a mess the club was.....

So you missed out on the West Ham game, there will be plenty more of those IF you renew your season ticket OR keep attending AND keep the faith.

Good night and god bless.

:albion:

Very well said. I too have missed only 1 home game this season and do not have a season ticket. Did I get a West Ham ticket? No.

When we played Spurs in the cup, I was a STH. Did I get a ticket? No. Did I start crying and bleating "I deserve one"? No.

That's because I understood the FACT that a season ticket entitled me to a seat for every HOME match. It did not make me a "better" fan than anyone else, and I am not now any less of a fan because I don't have one.

The only people I have any sympathy for if they did not get a WHU ticket, are those that regularly go to away games, irrespective of whether they are home season ticket holders or not. It is unfortunate that there does not seem to be an easy, cost effective way of keeping a record of those people, as I do believe they should have first priority on these sort of games. After them, free for all.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Ian Bairds Fist said:
At the end of the day there is no way of seperating the regular away travellers from the glory boys.

Yes there is.

As I posted elsewhere, or possibly here - can't be arsed to look - the AMS details will be held on a database of some sort. All it needs is to store on that database, against every AMS member, a record of every away ticket purchase. Maybe that already happens. Then sort the details into the order of who's bought the most away tickets through the AMS, most recently. In IT terms, that's about three seconds work to produce a list of the regular away travellers (apart from pay-on-the-gate).

And I sort of have a BIT of sympathy with the AMS 'glory boys'. They had to pay a ten quid surcharge on their first away ticket purchase, unless they were STH, so are entitled to at least something for their ten quid. Maybe the term 'cherry pickers' is better than 'glory boys'. Even Chelsea have those. They're the ones who pick and chose which Champions League games to go to. It's a fact of football life.

Last edited:

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Believe me the "glory boys" will be easily identifiable they will all have match day magazines and will be talking amongst themselves trying to work out who is who for the Albion.

Last edited:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Tom Hark said:
Yes there is.

As I posted elsewhere, or possibly here - can't be arsed to look - the AMS details will be held on a database of some sort. All it needs is to store on that database, against every AMS member, a record of every away ticket purchase. Maybe that already happens. Then sort the details into the order of who's bought the most away tickets through the AMS, most recently. In IT terms, that's about three seconds work to produce a list of the regular away travellers (apart from pay-on-the-gate).

And I sort of have a BIT of sympathy with the AMS 'glory boys'. They had to pay a ten quid surcharge on their first away ticket purchase, unless they were STH, so are entitled to at least something for their ten quid. Maybe the term 'cherry pickers' is better than 'glory boys'. Even Chelsea have those. They're the ones who pick and chose which Champions League games to go to. It's a fact of football life.

That method would have been useful in the Champ when we bought tickets in advance, but so many away games are pay on the gate now that its hard to know who has gone where - unless people send their stubs to the ticket office (like EnglandFans Club) to let them know they attended. But i agree, if this can be sorted it will take a few seconds to weed out the glory boys from the genuine Liz Costa fan club.

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Goring Gull said:
Believe me the "glory boys" will be easily identifiable they will all have match day magazines and will be talking amongst themselves trying to work out who is who for the Albion.

So would I be classed by you as a "glory boy"?

I've followed home and away for 30 years,been to the cup final,replay and semi final,play offs,god knows where up north mid week and I've had season tickets for about 20 of those 30 years?I don't have 1 now though.so does this make me "part time" or a "glory boy"?

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Barrel of Fun said:
I am not a STH, but I have only missed the Swansea game this seaon (I am better than you! :dunce: All to do with personal circumstances and budget etc.) The trouble with these games is that you WILL get people crawling out of the woodwork.

There are so many angles....

It is an away game - so you would think the away crowd should get priority.

OR

It is a bonus game and the home crowd should get priority.

AND SO ON....

Very difficult, but I find this STH should be looked after a bit far fetched. Yes, they do cough up all the money in March, but they know full well what the benefits are AND they get a discount.

We are very lucky to have a decent board - Look at Brighton of old; Roman (Ticket hikes); Hearts; etc. etc.

If you are grumbling about how the board and MP are running the cub, then perhaps you need to dust off the old copy of 'Build a bonfire' and remember how close we were to destruction and how much of a mess the club was.....

So you missed out on the West Ham game, there will be plenty more of those IF you renew your season ticket OR keep attending AND keep the faith.

Good night and god bless.

:albion:

Damn straight, sir!

:clap2:

Cocking whingers.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Grumpy Sourpuss said:
I don't have 1 now though.so does this make me "part time" or a "glory boy"?

It makes you one of the unlucky ones like many of us.........and a Grumpy Sourpuss of course.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
By putting our application in one of the "special" bins at Swansea game we were fairly confident about getting a ticket.

I wouldn't minded if we'd been lazy but we weren't. I suppose it was the lottery of which bins were opened first?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Buzz said:
By putting our application in one of the "special" bins at Swansea game we were fairly confident about getting a ticket.

I wouldn't minded if we'd been lazy but we weren't. I suppose it was the lottery of which bins were opened first?

If at all.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Grumpy Sourpuss said:
So would I be classed by you as a "glory boy"?

I've followed home and away for 30 years,been to the cup final,replay and semi final,play offs,god knows where up north mid week and I've had season tickets for about 20 of those 30 years?I don't have 1 now though.so does this make me "part time" or a "glory boy"?

No....like the Catholics.....you,re a "lapsed " STH...

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
just out of interest, how many STH's are there, and what %age go to each match?

could people who dont want to go let the club know, so they could sell on that seat for any given match? double bubble for the club, and more bums on seats every game?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Got my nice letter from Mr Perry...........

Wonder if I will get a reply to my other one ?

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
Beach Hut said:
Got my nice letter from Mr Perry...........

Wonder if I will get a reply to my other one ?

Bet thats cheered you up you can read out whilst sitting at home on January the 6th. Perry you nobber.

portlock seagull said:
Yes, but you're obviously a moran by your comments so your opinion isn't valid here. Nobody can argue with you because you eventually drag them down to your level. And then beat them with experience. It's akin to cheating in the world of adult debate. All your postings on this thread are therefore declared void. They just don't count.

Oh, that's a shame. Still, at least I'm going to West Ham.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Large One said:
Serious question: Would you be quite so critical of the club if your application had been successful?

Other point of reference from other posters regarding away match attendance - how does the club or the individual monitor which away matches they went to? For instance, I paid cash on the door at Doncaster, so there is no actual record of me going. How is a situation like this going to resolve itself? Anyone?

I myself am critical of the arrangements and have got a ticket. I've even written to the club to suggest a change.

In all honesty I think the "system" needs to reflect current circumstances at least.

In an ideal world it would reflect games attended STH or not. In our current situation it would have been "nice" to see season ticket holders given a bigger percentage of the pot as a reward for forking out after relegation.

I hate this there's STH and Away Members bollocks.

I know two season ticket holders who travel away regularly who have missed out. One put his application in before mine and yet I got a ticket.

Quite frankly it isn't fair.

I didn't attend the Millwall game because I went on holiday last minute.

If I had been in London I would definately have gone (since its my "local") and would have taken my mate from work, who is registered as an away member and has been in total to 3 games in 6 years.

The current system would have guarenteed him a ticket.

That's rubbish and can't be defended.

I put would money on the fact that there are a whole pot of people on the away member scheme who havent even attended a game home or away this season.

The fact that they have as much of a chance as getting a ticket as me or you (or non STH holders who attend games when they can home or away) is wrong.

Wrong, wrong and wrong.

I've suggested alternatives (have contacted the club) but can't be bothered to go over them again.

I'm sure they require a bit of investment that probably isn't available now.

.. but at the end of the day, if you are a a season ticket holder (who takes their kids who also have season tickets) then you deserve a ticket.

I havent heard any argument to suggest that they shouldn't.

Last edited:

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
clapham_gull said:
would have taken my mate from work, who is registered as an away member and has been in total to 3 games in 6 years.

The current system would have guarenteed him a ticket.

That's rubbish and can't be defended.

That pretty much sums up the whole 'system'. Utter farce.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here