Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done Mr Perry

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
The Large One said:
Yes, and I also buy my season ticket to try and improve my standing as a Sex God.

Never f***ing works though.

So u will stop going to Dukes Mound arse boy

Just a small point ...

This whole debate seems to be based on a simplistic breakdown of the Albion support into:-

1. People who go to home games = season ticket holders
2. People who go to away games = AMS members
3. People who joined the AMS but don't go to many games.

There is a fourth category (who are quite numerous & - if Beach Hut is right - will be even more numerous in future):-

4. People who go to almost every home game, who pay on a match-by-match basis.

Are the Beach Hut camp SERIOUSLY suggesting that this fourth group should get NO priority for games like WHU?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The Large One said:
But they DID cater for Season Ticket Holders. You seem to be implying that they didn't. 2,050 season ticket holders were guaranteed a ticket.

Similarly, I have to not only look after people who have have bought a FIXTURES t-shirt, but also people who haven't, but might at some point in the future, and to people who are happy to promote and support the shop even if they don't do so financially. I simply wouldn't be able to ignore them as well.

I genuinely think it's quite innovative that the club tries to look after everyone. My only beef would be that possibly a greater proportion (say 75/25 or 70/30) should go to STHs, and similarly those who are glory-hunters can f*** off.

May I say, that after running my own business for 30 years (successfully) that after hearing such good things about your present venture, that you ensure you look after far more than 50% of your regular customers, and don,t run the risk of pissing the other 50% off, by trying to boost your output by encouraging the "glory hunters". Take Cardiff for example.....25,000 glory hunters, how many do you think converted to regular supporters at the Albion..?.....less than 1% I suggest.
I,m pleased that at least you agree that the club did get the proportions wrong.
Finally, my standpoint on this ticket fiasco is NOT that STH are better than anyone else.....I,m a STH but I consider supporters like DJ LEON who regularly go to the Withdean etc exactly the same.....same as El Presidente who regularly goes to the away games . In my eyes, they,re all genuine supporters of the Albion. MY gripe is simply, that the pathetic system used by the club ( i.e. an AMS system which they appear to have no means of tracking ) means genuine , regular supporters are missing out on big games for the club that they have a passion for. Passion is a word that Glory hunters do not understand...!

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
Ernest said:
So an away member who might not have seen one Albion game this season but legged it down to the Club shop on the Tuesday morning gets a ticket in front of a season ticket holder who not only has seen every home game but also paid for the 2 FA Cup home matches as well as gone to some/all away games.
That seems to me a well thought out policy and totally rewards the right people :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:
You're meant to talk bollox, aren't you!

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Anyway think I should drink some more wine the pints of Harveys obviously hav'nt chilled me out!

Must have been thet crap letter I got from Perry this morning!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Lord Bracknell said:
Just a small point ...

This whole debate seems to be based on a simplistic breakdown of the Albion support into:-

There is a fourth category (who are quite numerous & - if Beach Hut is right - will be even more numerous in future):-

Are the Beach Hut camp SERIOUSLY suggesting that this fourth group should get NO priority for games like WHU?
Second priority behind STHs, IMO.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Lord Bracknell said:
Just a small point ...

EXACTLY!!!!!!

(by the way LB, you don't fancy resurrecting the 1+1 thread do you?)

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Macjd
y I say, that after running my own business for 30 years (successfully) that after hearing such good things about your present venture, that you ensure you look after far more than 50% of your regular customers, and don,t run the risk of pissing the other 50% off, by trying to boost your output by encouraging the "glory hunters". Take Cardiff for example.....25,000 glory hunters, how many do you think converted to regular supporters at the Albion..?.....less than 1% I suggest.
I,m pleased that at least you agree that the club did get the proportions wrong.
Finally, my standpoint on this ticket fiasco is NOT that STH are better than anyone else.....I,m a STH but I consider supporters like DJ LEON who regularly go to the Withdean etc exactly the same.....same as El Presidente who regularly goes to the away games . In my eyes, they,re all genuine supporters of the Albion. MY gripe is simply, that the pathetic system used by the club ( i.e. an AMS system which they appear to have no means of tracking ) means genuine , regular supporters are missing out on big games for the club that they have a passion for. Passion is a word that Glory hunters do not understand...!

Something I think most of us can agree on?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am not a STH, but I have only missed the Swansea game this seaon (I am better than you! :dunce: All to do with personal circumstances and budget etc.) The trouble with these games is that you WILL get people crawling out of the woodwork.

There are so many angles....

It is an away game - so you would think the away crowd should get priority.

OR

It is a bonus game and the home crowd should get priority.

AND SO ON....

Very difficult, but I find this STH should be looked after a bit far fetched. Yes, they do cough up all the money in March, but they know full well what the benefits are AND they get a discount.

We are very lucky to have a decent board - Look at Brighton of old; Roman (Ticket hikes); Hearts; etc. etc.

If you are grumbling about how the board and MP are running the cub, then perhaps you need to dust off the old copy of 'Build a bonfire' and remember how close we were to destruction and how much of a mess the club was.....

So you missed out on the West Ham game, there will be plenty more of those IF you renew your season ticket OR keep attending AND keep the faith.

Good night and god bless.

:albion:

Last edited:

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
The mythical away crowd, most STH are AMS members and most away fans are STH well at least 60% I would imagine.

Away crowd? Has'nt been much of one at he away games I've attented this season.

Maybe I should have sent two applications in one as a STH and one as A AMS!

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
The Large One said:
I would have thought none at all.

Think about it - turn it around and ask 'How many non-AMS or non-STHs would bother their arse to go to Millwall.?' How many casual fans who have NEVER been to an away game would have been at Millwall that night?

A friend of mine did.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
BensGrandad said:
Simple if there was no season ticket holders renewed there would be no club, BHA would go bust.

This has been said many times away supporters give the club nothing in terms of income from gates except in cup games, which we do not usually play many.

STH should obviously have priority over anybody else for ANY tickets, home or away if only for that one reason.

:clap2: :flameboun

BG = LEGEND

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Lord Bracknell said:
It will be a complete betrayal of thousands of non-season ticket holders if the system is changed again to ensure that ALL season ticket holders can get a ticket to a big game, and VERY FEW non-season ticket holders stand a chance of getting one.

Any system of queue management will penalise people who join the queue late. What is meant by "late" will always depend on the circumstances.

How, for example, should the Club have prioritised ticket sales if it had been us (and not Nottingham Forest) who drew Salisbury in the second round? [The allocation for away fans was 370 tickets].

"It will be a complete betrayal of thousands of non-season ticket holders" - i.e. Jonny-come-latelys? At the end of the day there is no way of seperating the regular away travellers from the glory boys. Unfortunately this is the case. A STH is a regular, fan paying into the Club's coffers.

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Lord Bracknell said:
Just a small point ...

Sorry LB, may i interject and suggest a group 5?

5. A STH who goes to nearly all away games aswell as all home games.
This member gets no preference over someone who last saw the Albion play against Spurs.... :shootself

Good Jesus Christ :thud:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here