Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done, Crystal Palace! Been a credit to the Championship this season

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
I have ALWAYS said ever since the play offs started it should be the top two go up and 3rd and 4th play off at Wembley.
Why, for example should a team that ends up 6th with 20pts less than third say go up ??
Never ever agreed with it.

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I have ALWAYS said ever since the play offs started it should be the top two go up and 3rd and 4th play off at Wembley.
Why, for example should a team that ends up 6th with 20pts less than third say go up ??
Never ever agreed with it.

Seeing as we finished 4th, I totally agree with you. Now if we'd finished 5th or 6th however................

Edit:- Oh and just to clarify my stance on this thread again, NO crystal Palace have NOT been a credit to the championship.

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Credit to the Championship " my fat arse" !!!
Why have they been a credit to the Championship ? In what way ?
What a totally insane statement to make !!!
They were shite for well over half of it, obviously upset Freedman so he left , why else would you leave a team who were 2/3rd at the time.
Get in one of the biggest nobs in football as a manager who almost helped them out of the top six, get crowds of 10-14k most of the season, rely on Groupon to sell cheap tickets ( and couldn't even do that right), sell their best player/s ,
and end up 4 pts below us in the league.

Yeah a real credit to the Championship !!!!!! WTF ???? :ffsparr:

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
They were shite for well over half of it, obviously upset Freedman so he left , why else would you leave a team who were 2/3rd at the time.
Get in one of the biggest nobs in football as a manager who almost helped them out of the top six, get crowds of 10-14k most of the season, rely on Groupon to sell cheap tickets ( and couldn't even do that right), sell their best player/s ,

This.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes well done to Palace.

Not particularly a credit to the championship.

Time to.move on.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

We averaged 17200 this season. But do carry on, The pain and bitterness you exude is hilarious. :D

Thanks for the kind words by some Albion supporters on this thread.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick

Really think you should chill out, no matter what you think or feel they went up. Comments like this make you /us look bitter and jealous , maybe its time to worry about us and forget what they have done.

They are not a credit to the Championship but over the 3 playoff games deserved to go up.

Last edited:

mune ni kamome

Jun 5, 2011
Worthing

Is that the nob that took Blackpool up with no money and who everyone agreed thrilled us all with non-stop attacking football led by Charlie Adam which very nearly kept them up, only going down by a late goal in the very last match of the season. What a nob he is.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Really think you should chill out, no matter what you think or feel they went up. Comments like this make you /us look bitter and jealous , maybe its time to worry about us and forget what they have done.

They are not a credit to the Championship but over the 3 playoff games deserved to go up.

Very much the first bit of this.

The trouble with a lot of Brighton fans is that they spent most of the season hating Palace and not supporting Brighton.
It seems your eyes were watching everything that happened up the A23 and ignored the problems on the door step.

Threads about 10 mill losses at Palace, when in fact your own club is losing over twice as much!

Threads about how poor our manager is when your own is more than unhappy.

Threads about how wrong it is for Palace to have Zaha on loan when you have Bridge on loan at 80K a week!

Threads about us being low life Pikies and then its someone at BHA that shits on the floor!

And then the daily attendance count...which even bored some of your own fans.

If a lesson has been learnt by BHA fans this season...Support your own team and stop being so obsessed by Palace!!

As it goes I live in north Sussex so always keep an eye out for BHA, but for me football Rivals I don’t hate BHA.

greyseagull

Jul 1, 2012
West Worthing

The trouble with a lot of Brighton fans is that they spent most of the season hating Palace and not supporting Brighton.
It seems your eyes were watching everything that happened up the A23 and ignored the problems on the door step.

Threads about 10 mill losses at Palace, when in fact your own club is losing over twice as much!

Threads about how poor our manager is when your own is more than unhappy.

Threads about how wrong it is for Palace to have Zaha on loan when you have Bridge on loan at 80K a week!

Threads about us being low life Pikies and then its someone at BHA that shits on the floor!

And then the daily attendance count...which even bored some of your own fans.

If a lesson has been learnt by BHA fans this season...Support your own team and stop being so obsessed by Palace!!

As it goes I live in north Sussex so always keep an eye out for BHA, but for me football Rivals I don’t hate BHA.

All of this, with a million bells on. Couldn't agree more.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
Quite right. I'm old enough to remember when Palace meant nothing to us. We had no rivals, albeit some older people mentioned Portsmouth, but like Palace they were in another league. I don't need a lecture about 'Boxing day', the trips to shitehole park in the 70s, Rachid Harkouk, Mullery's 'you're not worth that', having rocks thrown at me after a game etc . . . but its all nonsense really. I think some people have whipped up the hatred just because they enjoy a bit of Tabasco on their Saturday experience. Surely the meal is tasty enough when we in (any game)?

That said, a bit of baiting the oppos its fine if its fun whoever it is, and I am happy to reach for the Tabasco when we beat anyone, including Palace, but beating Hartlepool to get the goal difference advantage that kept us in the league, and beating Chesterfield in the brown card game means much more to me than any Palace memory. I got sucked into the frenzy when we went up there a few years ago, only to lose 0-5. Couldn't speak for 3 days. After that I decided to keep my glass half full, and remind myself that our results are the only ones that matter, and Palace are irrelevant.

I feel sorry for the people around me (like 'cunningplan' says) who lost the plot last season when Murray scored against us. And I feel embarrassed that half the fans walked out in our last game. The Dortmund supporters stayed and applauded their team after Bayern beat them last week. That was class. I don't think enough of our supporters have the same class. Palace haven't done anywhere near enough for me to truly hate them, and I could never imagine celebrating a victory against them the way I celebrated the defeat of the tories in the election at the end of the 1990s, where it was just as much about the other *******s losing as 'us' winning. A Brighton win is a win for me, and its a big win only when there is something important in it for us, not because there is something bad in it for another team. Not even Palace.

Mind you, I wouldn't complain if and when we relegate them one fine day not too far in the future . . . . but I'll just smile a lot - I won't be tweeting 'Eddie Izzard, Jo Brand, Simon Jordan, can you hear me (down there) Ron Noades, your boys took a hell of a beating' . . . . . ;-)

Brilliantly written post, the sentiments of which I wholeheartedly agree with.....

.....except the nervous adrenalin I experience whenever we play Palace (moreso in the play-offs for obvious reasons) is close to unbearable and physically affecting. I get an indescribable buzz from us beating them and a deep depression from losing - especially on May 13th!!!

I just can't do the glass half full thing.

terryberry1

Jul 9, 2011
Patcham
Is that the nob that took Blackpool up with no money and who everyone agreed thrilled us all with non-stop attacking football led by Charlie Adam which very nearly kept them up, only going down by a late goal in the very last match of the season. What a nob he is.

Whatever his achievments the bloke is still a nob. He could go take palace to the champions league and he would still be a nob. Mind you i would rather have him than pus goyet

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
Whatever his achievments the bloke is still a nob. He could go take palace to the champions league and he would still be a nob. Mind you i would rather have him than pus goyet

You are really a very special person, and I feel sorry for you. You must have so must space in your head to think of such rubbish on a constant basis.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Well he never thrilled me, I've always had the bloke down as a prize prick right back to his Bristol Rovers days. If I had the time I could find you a thread from when Slade was sacked where I stated that I would give up my season ticket if he became our manager.The mans an embarrassment with his constant "witticisms" that only go to make him look a bigger cock. Palace and Wurzel...made for each other.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
The 15 that played in the Playoff Final cost a whopping £2,115,000 and that includes a player (Speroni, who we bought in the PL).

A credit to The Championship can be looked at in so many ways as to what it means. If I'm going to biased and optimistic, I'd say our fans were superb, plenty of displays of attacking prowess, rarely dull and having the best striker and attacking midfielder in the division all created on the back of selling Clyne for £2.5 million, Ambrose and Scannell for combined £1 million more or less, £750,000 extra for Victor Moses, £10-15,000,000 for Zaha and only £1,300,000 spent on transfer fee's coming in. To get promoted after losing your first 3 games was a minor miracle given how so many others went for broke.

The talk of administration will probably never leave us but this season, we have done things the right way which can't be said for 90% of the division.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood

Threads about 10 mill losses at Palace, when in fact your own club is losing over twice as much! where did you get this from, other than your imagination? BHA's losses were quoted at £8m

Threads about how poor our manager is when your own is more than unhappy.I think the problem is more Poyet's ego than anything BHA have any influence over,

Threads about how wrong it is for Palace to have Zaha on loan when you have Bridge on loan at 80K a week!Firstly BHA didn't pay 80 grand only a percentage and secondly we didn't sell Bridge then bring him back on loan. Palace could easily have told utd to come back in the summer, in fact Zaha is probably worth more now than he was in january so maybe not such a good deal as it first seemed.

Threads about us being low life Pikies and then its someone at BHA that shits on the floor!Nothing proven yet. It's not inconceivable,though unlikely, that it could have been someone from Palace

And then the daily attendance count...which even bored some of your own fans.Boring? yes. but a reflection of how poor Palace's support has become.Despite the constant bragging Palaces support is as transient as anyone else's. Ultra's? don't make me laugh, they'll find better things to do once they grow a few pubes and discover girls!

If a lesson has been learnt by BHA fans this season...Support your own team and stop being so obsessed by Palace!!Spot on

Last edited:

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I say a begrudged congratulations. What the hell, they did what we would have loved to have done. So what if they scraped in, the fact is, they scraped in. One might argue that we have scraped our way past a fair few teams and gotten a fair few results we didn't deserve - you can remember them.

I didn't enjoy seeing them go up - they're our rivals after all - but I am sane enough to get a grip and realise that there are far more important things to think about. I'm more interested in our results; our new manager; how our club is run; how the management and the fans are working together at our club; how we can extend a welcome to all other football fans and show the way a club can be run for the benefit of all.

Good luck Palace, we'll be playing you again in a season or two - I hope in the PL, but I don't really mind too much if it is the Championship.

churley1

Oct 13, 2009
Bogota
I could be wrong wanderbus, but I think regarding our losses he meant that yours were double what we posted for 2011/12, not that ours were £10 million and yours were £20 million. In fact, ours were only £2.5 million with yours being well over triple that. Not a gripe at my end as Bloom seemingly knows what he is doing.

We wanted to sell Zaha in the summer to them but The FA dismissed that idea in a legal sense for whatever reason. Hindsight is a wonderful thing though, if we'd lost in the playoffs, Wilf could potentially be going for less than the original transfer fee had he wanted out so it's all immaterial now, certainly wish he wasn't leaving though!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here