Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done, Crystal Palace! Been a credit to the Championship this season

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Well done Palace...let's see if you can manage next season....Zaha gone...Murray won't be fit for the beginning of the season....big outlay on new players,stadium to be refurbished....would be nice if you paid off some of the creditors you screwed...but doubt if you will...no you won the play offs well done....Would never have thought that Zaha would have won a penalty for you......er....

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
There are two reasons why they went up and we didn't.

1. Their club and manager may be tosses but they had something we lack, passion.

2. Their fans may be inbred Nigel's, but they do have passion, many of our fans do not.

We sit in our nice, shiny, padded seats and think about the fans behind us who may be offended by our language or chants.

We do not deserve to be in the top flight.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Sit down and shut up...............leave it at least a week before you start sucking up to them and reminding us what we missed out on, have you not heard of grieving.:rant:

A bit more backbone from some Brighton fans wouldn't go amiss in times like this. It's not being able to face the music of what yesterday's result tells us that ultimately puts Albion fans in a downward spiral. Instead of this, why not see what clues the match offered about how to win promotion to the top flight?

This business of missing out on promotion to the top flight this season - we'll survive it. How do I know? Because we've survived it every time it's happened over the past thirty years. Crystal Palace being above us in the league - we'll survive it. How do I know? Because we've survived it every time it's happened over the past thirty years.

4th place in the Championship is a great finish. Over 90% of clubs in the Football League would have preferred to have finished where we have and losing a Play-Off Semi-Final, to where they actually finished. When people talk of grieving, it completely dishonours what a great season we have just had. We're not that far off being an automatic promotion side, never mind one that gets there via the Play-Offs.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
And would hardly say it was a piss poor division, been one of the most competitive for years.

They didn't win for 10 matches after the 3-0 at the Amex, and still went up.

A really good side would have carved up that division.

They recovered from a poor start to play some sparkling football this campaign. Then they recovered from losing their manager mid-way through the season, a transfer of their star winger (even with a loan back, could have had a destabilising effect), losing their top scorer, and having a terrible finish to the League season (which perhaps shows the competitiveness of this division). To come back from all that and win the Play-Offs with three clean sheets.... takes some doing. It would have been an injustice if Watford had won on their nothing performance today.

Crystal Palace have shown the character and resilience it takes to get promoted from this division. It's going to take the same kind of character and resilience from Brighton to recover from the hole we're in at the moment. Heaven forbid me to say this on NSC but we could actually learn something from what Palace have achieved this season. We certainly don't have as far to go to become a promotion side as they did at the end of last season.

Oh do F*ck off !

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Albion should have been at least second, and been watching the play-offs from the safety of their own homes. Flopping at important times cost a lot, and please, no "it evens out over the season", because it doesn't. Two points lost at Wolves, two points lost at Forest, the absurd defensive "effort" at Bristol City (on the back of an impressive and overwhelming home win) and what could our points total have been? And our goal difference ?

There were some brilliant displays, but far too many draws. I expect Iain Dowie will sort it all out.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
They recovered from a poor start to play some sparkling football this campaign. Then they recovered from losing their manager mid-way through the season, a transfer of their star winger (even with a loan back, could have had a destabilising effect), losing their top scorer, and having a terrible finish to the League season (which perhaps shows the competitiveness of this division). To come back from all that and win the Play-Offs with three clean sheets.... takes some doing. It would have been an injustice if Watford had won on their nothing performance today.

Crystal Palace have shown the character and resilience it takes to get promoted from this division. It's going to take the same kind of character and resilience from Brighton to recover from the hole we're in at the moment. Heaven forbid me to say this on NSC but we could actually learn something from what Palace have achieved this season. We certainly don't have as far to go to become a promotion side as they did at the end of last season.

Well said that man.
It just goes to prove a new stadium and big crowds doesn't mean promotion, team spirit and a vocal crowd goes a long way.

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
Palace had their game plan against us and Watford,both of similar styles although i felt Watford moved the ball quicker than us.It worked very well ,so fair enough.I was always uneasy about the number of loans Watford had,and in a way pleased that this did not get them into the premiership.

cunningplan

Apr 1, 2011
Sussex Coast
I believe this season some Brighton Supporters have shown more hate for Palace than love for the Albion - and that suggests an inferiority complex.

Well done to Crystal Palace for gaining promotion. All things considered, I think it was well deserved. But ulitimately I am indifferent to their successes and failures. I care only about the Albion.

The atmosphere around me in the Playoff semi at the Amex was toxic and some were more concerned about Zaha making a fool of himself than Albion playing well and winning. This has to end if we are to play our part in taking club up to the top level. I honestly believe we could have beaten Leicester or Watford.

At least next season we can focus on US a little more now we don't have to play Palace - although I fear this may be a tougher season in general .....

Let's get behind OUR TEAM and who cares about the rest!

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
Or, they had a poor start, got a bit of momentum Thanks to a hit and miss Brighton reject who found a bit of form diving for penalties with the rest of his colleagues and sticking away penalties. Along the run beating their arch rivals at Selhurst thanks to them having a load of injuries and having a man sent off after 8 minutes. Then at the close of the season being incredibly poor and just about hanging on to the play off places only because everyone else was being incredibly poor while their arch rivals were playing incredible football. Then in the play offs beating arch rivals again because they Didnt take their chances and players not turning up like they had done a few games before. Then to the final where again players of the opposing team who had been brilliant all season Didnt turn up and get promoted to the prem from a Zaha penalty converted by Phillips who will probably never play for them again. I might be partisan, it may be the booze talking, but I think they've been bloody lucky.

And if the ex Brighton player playing for Leicester, hadn't of missed the penalty to make it 2 all, it wouldn't have ended up being 3-1to Watford a minute later.
I'm sure Leicester would have put on a better performance than woeful Watford.

How much have Palace got to spend to find someone who knows how to score goals ?

northernseagull

Mar 12, 2013
There are two reasons why they went up and we didn't.

1. Their club and manager may be tosses but they had something we lack, passion.

2. Their fans may be inbred Nigel's, but they do have passion, many of our fans do not.

We sit in our nice, shiny, padded seats and think about the fans behind us who may be offended by our language or chants.

We do not deserve to be in the top flight.

This could actually go down as the WORST post in the history of NSC... many congratulations.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Funny how it was 2 loan players that got the winning goal for Palace.......

Anyway, a year without the distraction of Palace will be good for us as we can actually concentrate on our own season......and not risk getting them in the play-offs and having another person take a crap in the changing rooms.

origami eagle

Dec 1, 2012
Any chance we can ban any reference to bloody palace in this forum??

You'd have nothing left to talk about. You're not allowed to talk about your financial status, you're not allowed to talk about your management, you're not allowed to talk about who pooped in the shower.
That just leaves little old old us.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Always good to see the small clubs mixing it with the big boys. You do your very best Palace, and don't let the fact that Man Utd's home gate (75k) is five times your home crowds (15k) intimidate you in the slightest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here