Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done, Crystal Palace! Been a credit to the Championship this season

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
As explained by Steve Browett, Palace wanted to agree a deal that Zaha would be a Palace player until the end of the season yet the transfer being signed and sealed during the transfer window, Bizarrely, the FA would not sanction it for the reason that the buying club would have a direct influence over a player who is emplyed by another club. Quite how this is an issue is difficult to work out seeing as the player is then immediately an employee of the club loaning him out so surely they would have an even greater influence over him then??!
Regardless of the above, Wilf was our player all year and indeed for the previous nine. He was a loanee in name only.

That makes no sense at all, a loan is a loan no matter how its dressed up. Personally I couldnt really give a monkeys if he was on loan or not.All clubs have loans so its no different than any other. Mind you I would actually piss my pants if he scored the goal (on boxing day)that sent you down a la Dennis Law

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I actually hope we get Palace in one of the cups next year - a nice one off match to get revenge, and no impact on a very important league campaign.

The most amazing outcome would be to get promoted ourselves at the end of next year.

dandy

Jan 23, 2012
You have to admit it, than when it counts they always beat us, and no amount of attendance figures can change that, and when we were in the old Div one it was a lot easier than now. So let the baby have it's rattle.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You have to admit it, than when it counts they always beat us, and no amount of attendance figures can change that, and when we were in the old Div one it was a lot easier than now. So let the baby have it's rattle.

How do you work that out. When we were in the top division there was not the TV money around to support clubs like there is now and all these people who say attendances don't matter, well that's where the majority of your income came from in those days.
And I believe attendances matter today as well, that's why Arsenal were desperate for their new ground so they could compete with Man U and Chelsea.

This is why Parish is now going on about needing 35/40k at Selhurst, otherwise they won't get even close to competing and he knows it.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
No detracting from what is a great season and I am very happy to be watching a championship side - actually probably more so than watching us in the premiership in many ways. I was desperate for us to go up though despite hating so much about the premiership.

This is becoming a bit of an embarrassing love-in but well said. Even though I'm pleased to have gone up, I agree with much of this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here