Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Well done, Crystal Palace! Been a credit to the Championship this season

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
Actually, I did not want us to go up this season, as I felt it was a season too early. I wanted another season of team building, so that if we managed to go up, we were in a position with further strengthening, be in with a chance to stay there. I really cannot see you managing that to be honest.

Not sure how much team building will go on at bha this season , spent an awful lot this season and losing 8/9mill a season may have missed the chance for a couple of seasons I'm afraid . And yeah we will prob come straight back down but were gonna enjoy the ride again

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Not sure how much team building will go on at bha this season , spent an awful lot this season and losing 8/9mill a season may have missed the chance for a couple of seasons I'm afraid . And yeah we will prob come straight back down but were gonna enjoy the ride again

I think you must have missed my edit where I have said just that but, I really cannot understand any fan saying they are going to enjoy a season of hammerings. I don't think the Derby fans did when they set that points record, perhaps they could lose it next season.

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
I think you must have missed my edit where I have said just that but, I really cannot understand any fan saying they are going to enjoy a season of hammerings. I don't think the Derby fans did when they set that points record, perhaps they could lose it next season.

As I remember most bha fans had us down as relegation fooder this year and untill you have been in the prem you won't understand that is something you will have to wait for

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
As I remember most bha fans had us down as relegation fooder this year and untill you have been in the prem you won't understand that is something you will have to wait for

Definately had palace down as strugglers. It is a huge huge shock that you have managed to get promoted. An amazing turn up and one that has probably saved you from complete melt down. Has to be said that this years promoted sides are as bad as i can remember - last years premiership survivors are.most definitely safe!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

You will also remember then that the bookies had you down as strong favourites to be relegation fodder.
Erm, we have been in the top league in this country and I am old enough to remember that. You can change it's name all you like, but it is still the same top division in the country. Now if you want to keep boasting about being in the top two divisions for the past 30 years, then you will also have to accept we have in fact played there. While we were there we played in a FA cup final some 7 years before your first time in the final.
But this is just another rise of the Palace Yoyo, but lets hope it don't end up costing us tax payers money that it has in previous years.

Last edited:

repomanse25

Jan 17, 2009
hove
You will also remember then that the bookies had you down as strong favourites to be relegation fodder.
Erm, we have been in the top league in this country and I am old enough to remember that. You can change it's name all you like, but it is still the same top division in the country. Now if you want to keep boasting about being in the top two divisions for the past 30 years, then you will also have to accept we have in fact played there. While we were there we played in a FA cup final some 7 years before your first time in the final.
But this is just another rise of the Palace Yoyo, but lets hope it don't end up costing us tax payers money that it has in previous years.

God I said I was not gonna post again ! Never mentioned the 30 yr thing, but proud to say founder members of the prem league!this could go on forever but you have no history! Enjoy Yeovil ( not that you'll go)

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
God I said I was not gonna post again ! Never mentioned the 30 yr thing, but proud to say founder members of the prem league!this could go on forever but you have no history! Enjoy Yeovil ( not that you'll go)

Well you generally have no money, but what history we do have, we have paid for it.

cpfc71

Dec 1, 2012
Hmm let me think what would I prefer, to be paying around £30 to watch my team at Turf Moor, Ewood Park with a chance they could come away with some points. Or paying around £50 to watch my team at Anfield, Old Trafford just hoping we won't get hammered today, tough one that.

so that's £20 x 19 = £380 extra. Yep a fair bit of cash to splash, but heyho you only get these opportunities to see the top teams at the top stadia once in a while eh ? Oh, or in the case of BHA....never :wink:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Watford should have been promoted. They finished higher in the league. That's the point of a league. Play-offs are just about money. We have 38 matches to decide who is best. That should be the end of the season.

38 matches?? Are you getting Brighton confused with your other 'Premiership' club? Liverpool? Or Man U? :smile:

There were 46 games in the Championship.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Why were the F.A. telling Palace when they can or can't sell their players?

As explained by Steve Browett, Palace wanted to agree a deal that Zaha would be a Palace player until the end of the season yet the transfer being signed and sealed during the transfer window, Bizarrely, the FA would not sanction it for the reason that the buying club would have a direct influence over a player who is emplyed by another club. Quite how this is an issue is difficult to work out seeing as the player is then immediately an employee of the club loaning him out so surely they would have an even greater influence over him then??!
Regardless of the above, Wilf was our player all year and indeed for the previous nine. He was a loanee in name only.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
From 14k to 33k. Crystal Plastic lol

Where do you get 14k from? Our average was 17k. Your average was (I guess) 26k? Your average points per game was 1.63. Ours was 1.56.

So, well done Horses Arse. You had a higher average attendance than us as well as a higher average points per game than us.

Well done as you have clearly had a much more successful season than Crystal Palace. Congratulations.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Where do you get 14k from? Our average was 17k. Your average was (I guess) 26k? Your average points per game was 1.63. Ours was 1.56.

So, well done Horses Arse. You had a higher average attendance than us as well as a higher average points per game than us.

Well done as you have clearly had a much more successful season than Crystal Palace. Congratulations.

Your big derby at home against Millwall i believe when you were at or very close to the top of the championship. No excuse. Lets not forget Groupon and free kids entry too for the other games through the season.

Face facts, 23k min in the championship eith 26k average is not plastic support. We will have circa 2 - 3k glory hunters when we get to the top flight whereas you have previously had (and lost) 12k. You have a very transient fan base - plastic seems to be the term.of the day. This in no way detracts from an absolutely remarkable season and a remarkable story for you - stunning achievement and deserved over the three play off games. As a club though you do need to have a little more realism as to your situation or its admin.mk 3.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Your big derby at home against Millwall i believe when you were at or very close to the top of the championship. No excuse. Lets not forget Groupon and free kids entry too for the other games through the season.

Face facts, 23k min in the championship eith 26k average is not plastic support. We will have circa 2 - 3k glory hunters when we get to the top flight whereas you have previously had (and lost) 12k. You have a very transient fan base - plastic seems to be the term.of the day. This in no way detracts from an absolutely remarkable season and a remarkable story for you - stunning achievement and deserved over the three play off games. As a club though you do need to have a little more realism as to your situation or its admin.mk 3.

Oh yes - and by most palace fans reckoning throughout the season yes we were more succesfull as league position counts for everything apparently. Either way i am very happy wiyh our progress and the season we have had thanks, just saddened by the way it has ended with Gus giving up before the 2nd leg.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Oh yes - and by most palace fans reckoning throughout the season yes we were more succesfull as league position counts for everything apparently. Either way i am very happy wiyh our progress and the season we have had thanks, just saddened by the way it has ended with Gus giving up before the 2nd leg.

Horses Arse, you sound like a nice guy and I'm pleased you are happy with your progress. I can't remember what the attendance was for Scumwall at home, or even Brighton at home for that matter. Who cares? I'm sure that the Crystal Palace finance officer does but me as a fan? No, not really.

League position counts for everything and you were more successful? Really?

Again, I'm pleased for you that you are so pleased with your 4th place finish. That's good to hear. You certainly did have a good season and I'm sure you will go on to better that next year.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Horses Arse, you sound like a nice guy and I'm pleased you are happy with your progress. I can't remember what the attendance was for Scumwall at home, or even Brighton at home for that matter. Who cares? I'm sure that the Crystal Palace finance officer does but me as a fan? No, not really.

League position counts for everything and you were more successful? Really?

Again, I'm pleased for you that you are so pleased with your 4th place finish. That's good to hear. You certainly did have a good season and I'm sure you will go on to better that next year.

Why thank you! You misunderstood re league position - i would much rather have finished sixth on goal difference and gone up by penalties after extra time than finishing fourth. I was recalling dunces lile glen_murray regarding league position being everything.

No detracting from what is a great season and I am very happy to be watching a championship side - actually probably more so than watching us in the premiership in many ways. I was desperate for us to go up though despite hating so much about the premiership.

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
Can't dissagree with much there apart from Jedinak who should've been off in the 1st leg. Every arial challenge he was involved in one of our players had his elbow in their head/face, the he got away with it again yesterday.
I look forward to seeing palace regularly humiliated next season and expect to be celebrating their relegation before I finish my christmas dinner........

have to agree that Jedinak shoud have been off before half-time in the first leg. Can't understand why the ref ignored the dangerous flying elbows every time he went up "for the ball"?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here