Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for an AWAY end (Poll)

An AWAY END

• Yes, put them all in one section

Votes: 105 63.3%
  • No, I like spending time filtering out boring one-sided posts.

Votes: 61 36.7%

• Total voters

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Which most recent poll? I've been trying to find more, but those are the only two I've found other than this one (which, again, is not credible because it is about the reaction to yesterday's game, and not a reasoned thought out thing - you only have to look at how much the 'no's have grown today as opposed to those voting immediately after the game)

Does it really matter if you find the proper poll.....?

The moderators chose to ignore it......(despite the fact that they started it !).The thread itself was heavily polluted by moderators (Bozza, Titanic, El Presidente, Hans Kraay, etc etc) who all posted their opinion that it should remain as it is. Despite this heavy handed persuasion.....the vote was in favour of an away section.

Still......THE MODERATORS CHOSE TO IGNORE THE RESULTS.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The content of NSC recently has been quite boring. The Palace stuff has given us all something to talk about and that's the point of a forum.

Some of the Palace are idiots, which balances out nicely because there are plenty of Brighton idiots on here too. And rightly so. If we all agreed, where's the fun?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Does it really matter if you find the proper poll.....?

The moderators chose to ignore it......(despite the fact that they started it !).The thread itself was heavily polluted by moderators (Bozza, Titanic, El Presidente, Hans Kraay, etc etc) who all posted their opinion that it should remain as it is. Despite this heavy handed persuasion.....the vote was in favour of an away section.

Still......THE MODERATORS CHOSE TO IGNORE THE RESULTS.

Yes. You are claiming a poll exists that shows the mods ignored the wishes of the posters. If you're going to make such a claim you should back it up.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The content of NSC recently has been quite boring. The Palace stuff has given us all something to talk about and that's the point of a forum.

Some of the Palace are idiots, which balances out nicely because there are plenty of Brighton idiots on here too. And rightly so. If we all agreed, where's the fun?

The problem when so many Palace trolls infect the threads is clear to see. Any reasoned debates on a match, ground structure, manager, players team selections are skewed as soon as these trolls post their utter drivel.

It's very simple to givean an analogy. If your children mis-behave.....you deal with it appropriately.If the next door neighbour bangs on the door and tells you, your kids are scum and the lowest form of life......you're going to defend your children far more than you would normally do in the circumstances. The debate on right and wrong is skewed.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Yes. You are claiming a poll exists that shows the mods ignored the wishes of the posters. If you're going to make such a claim you should back it up.

You can spend as many hours as you wish looking up old threads.

Oh...and it wasn't a claim....it was a fact....ok.

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
I like Red 'n' Blue, he makes good posts. BBS don't let us post on their main board, why should we?

Because NSC is the best football related forum that ive seen, not just because you allow other fans to post to the main board but also the sheer amount of live users, many of which do support other teams allows for a pretty much "live" discussion. I can post on the HOL and wait two days for a reply whereas here its more like 2 minutes. Also a good range of topics sometimes even educational or illuminating.
The worst of the baiting plums don't last too long in any case. Even a relatively decent Palace poster gets bored of reading, bigger club blah blah blah bummers blah blah etc.

I and many other palace posters get often told to eff of back to our own boards... its a testament to the site owners that we are here in the first place. JMO

Aug 17, 2011
Sevenoaks
The problem when so many Palace trolls infect the threads is clear to see. Any reasoned debates on a match, ground structure, manager, players team selections are skewed as soon as these trolls post their utter drivel.

It's very simple to givean an analogy. If your children mis-behave.....you deal with it appropriately.If the next door neighbour bangs on the door and tells you, your kids are scum and the lowest form of life......you're going to defend your children far more than you would normally do in the circumstances. The debate on right and wrong is skewed.

Good point

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
No it f***ing didn't.

The last poll showed a majority in favour of an away end.

Unfortunately, we are lumbered with cock-sucking Crystal Palace moderators like Titanic.

Wow someone is really upset about this.
Is it not obvious we are going to gloat when we bet you and are doing better as would you in our position.
The majority of us also found it funny when someone registered wilfriedzaha.co.uk and linked it to a diving school.
Lighten up ffs

Because NSC is the best football related forum that ive seen, not just because you allow other fans to post to the main board but also the sheer amount of live users, many of which do support other teams allows for a pretty much "live" discussion. I can post on the HOL and wait two days for a reply whereas here its more like 2 minutes. Also a good range of topics sometimes even educational or illuminating.
The worst of the baiting plums don't last too long in any case. Even a relatively decent Palace poster gets bored of reading, bigger club blah blah blah bummers blah blah etc.

I and many other palace posters get often told to eff of back to our own boards... its a testament to the site owners that we are here in the first place. JMO

Feck off back to your own board.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

Possibly (not sure why that didn't show up in my search).

But that seems a lot closer than I was expecting the poll to be given cjd's comments. And at least one person commented on not being able to vote on tapatalk, while the poll is close, most people who posted in the thread say no, and at least two (simster and Fur Cough) who says no admits to initially voting yes, with Bozza's comments being:

I'm going to give this a bit more thought but my gut feel is the vote was close enough to indicate that there is not strong enough feeling to make what would be quite a fundamental change to the way NSC has always worked.

Additionally it seems that many people still did not understand what was being proposed with some, including [MENTION=3649]hitony[/MENTION] in post #201, thinking that the proposal was to move ALL away fans to an 'Away End' and some indicating they believed the intention was to move piss-taking threads to an 'Away End'. Neither of these were on the table.

It was a poll about reducing posting rights of only a select few away fans, not all of them, and not everyone answered that question.

Given all of this, I'm not sure you can call it a credible poll.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Whereas when the Brighton trolls do it here it's so much more entertaining :rolleyes:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
You can spend as many hours as you wish looking up old threads.

Oh...and it wasn't a claim....it was a fact....ok.

This is nsc where 'fact' means 'opinion/guess/hearsay' 98% of the time. If it's what is call a fact out in the real world you should be able to prove it. (If it is the poll that Blue Valkyrie posted, I have responded to it in another post)

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
That's the most ridiculously leading poll question I've ever seen. What's wrong with plain old "yes" and "no"?

Anyway, of course we're all sore at the moment. Saturday was a nightmare. We'll get our sweet revenge, and I don't mean by banning them from our board- seems a bit petty to me.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Happy the way it is ... the mods get the trolls pretty quick and the others are OK. Just cos BBS aren't man enough to take a bit of banter doesn't mean we shouldn't be, all academic if our team could bloody well beat them ... and we will!

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Question is badly phrased it should be:

YES: I'm a sensitive, blushing flower who finds it intensely upsetting to read things I don't like on a message board. I have to go and sit in a darkened room with my teddy bear and have a good cry.

NO: Naa, takes all sorts dunnit? Just ignore the twats. *drinks beer*

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here