Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for an AWAY end (Poll)

An AWAY END

• Yes, put them all in one section

Votes: 105 63.3%
  • No, I like spending time filtering out boring one-sided posts.

Votes: 61 36.7%

• Total voters

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
There needs to be an away end with only certain CP posters allowed to post on the NSC Main Board.

Seven or eight maybe a dozen Palace posters comments I don't mind or even can appreciate, I don't always sign in so it is a pain in the a--- when every thread is filled with invective so putting them on ignore is pointless.

Bozza, this has come up on so many occasions, surely it is now time !

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Yes to away end, and then allow them on the main board once deemed ok over time,we have some good away supporters here but far to many idiots who spoil it.

No let them stay. There's too few people on here that I feel superior to without sticking them all in an away end.

Dec 29, 2011
We have plenty of our own who post boring, one-sided posts. Where do they go then?

They spark discussion about Brighton. Formations, who should start, managerial queries. That's fine on a Brighton forum. Palace fans on the other hand either gloat, whine or troll (with the exception of a small few). That's just boring.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Over the years, when people are not in highly emotional states and finding the gloating palace fans more annoying that normal because we just lost, this poll usually returns an overwhelming call to keep things as they are and not introduce an away end.

No it f***ing didn't.

The last poll showed a majority in favour of an away end.

Unfortunately, we are lumbered with cock-sucking Crystal Palace moderators like Titanic.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
No it f***ing didn't.

The last poll showed a majority in favour of an away end.

Unfortunately, we are lumbered with cock-sucking Crystal Palace moderators like Titanic.

Yep this. I have advocated an away end. Always have. Regret it wont happen no matter how good the argumenta for two reasons.

1) Kerching. The traffic is needed to keep this place going for the google masters. More traffic = revenue. Maybe TCB and WW should get commission? Their threads with the traffic they generate must make loads!!

2) Back in the early days a plymouth fan suggested something which turned into fans utd. the fact that the best idea in the world ever would have been picked up and put on the main board escapes people.

So maybe a compromise is two weeks before and two weeks after derby day all away fans are segregated into a separate section kind of penning them in. After all when we say "away fans" we really mean Palace.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Of course put the away fans in their own section.

Fed up with Palace fans on our main board.

Doesn't happen with other clubs.

Will the Mods listen?
Of course not. Probably closset Palace fans anyway

Without a doubt Titanic is a closet Crystal Palace fan. I really dont understand why he is a moderator on this forum.....he would be much more suited to some sort of forum, where the Moderators job is purely to abuse home supporters.

When I recently started a thread to enquire how many Brighton supporters were 'allowed' to post on the BBS forum, I think about 20-30 said they had been banned.......and only ONE thought he was still allowed to post, but just doesn't bother.

Yes.....just ONE....!!!

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
September, just 2/3 months ago:
Splitting NSC up a bit: the age old chestnut
83.81% - no keep it as it is.

That was an utterly pointless thread started by Bozza.

We all know that the previous thread regarding an away section showed a majority in favour of introducing it.

THE MODERATORS CHOSE TO IGNORE THE RESULTS.

Why the f*** would we bother to register our votes again, knowing full well, that it didn't matter what the result showed....Titanic and his chummies were NOT going to take any notice.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
That was an utterly pointless thread started by Bozza.

We all know that the previous thread regarding an away section showed a majority in favour of introducing it.

THE MODERATORS CHOSE TO IGNORE THE RESULTS.

Why the f*** would we bother to register our votes again, knowing full well, that it didn't matter what the result showed....Titanic and his chummies were NOT going to take any notice.

The next one I can find:
May 2010
NSC - split out discussion types into different forums?
79.10% No keep it as it is (away section not specifically an option, but "yes something else (please state)" only got 2 votes)

Dec 29, 2011
September, just 2/3 months ago:
Splitting NSC up a bit: the age old chestnut
83.81% - no keep it as it is.

May 2010
79.10% No keep it as it is (away section not specifically an option, but "yes something else, please state only got 2 votes)

I voted "keep it as it is" but that result doesn't apply to this topic because:
  • Bozza was vague about how the split up would occur. He might have meant only an away end or, more likely, he meant one sub-form for Albion related things, one sub-forum for 'away' fans and on sub-forum for off topic stuff. The best thing about NSC is the off-topic and Brighton connection - talk about things that are random with people you know have the same passion as you.
  • The amount of Palace fans has significantly increased since that post. The ones that joined over 2003-2011 were mainly here to see our point of view and give theirs, the ones that joined post September 2012 are boring wind-up merchants just looking to troll with no meaningful posts (I point you to the Swansea thread for an example of what good can come from having knowledgeable, good intentioned away fans on the Big Board).

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The next one I can find:
May 2010
79.10% No keep it as it is (away section not specifically an option, but "yes something else (please state)" only got 2 votes)

In May 2010 we were still in League 1. The football season heralding our re-entry into the Championship was still 15 months away. At that time our rather dunce like moderators were completely unaware of the mass infiltration of Crystal Palace trolls that was to come.

The most recent CREDIBLE poll showed a majority in favour of an away section.

TITANIC AND HIS CHUMMIES CHOSE TO IGNORE THOSE RESULTS.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
In May 2010 we were still in League 1. The football season heralding our re-entry into the Championship was still 15 months away. At that time our rather dunce like moderators were completely unaware of the mass infiltration of Crystal Palace trolls that was to come.

The most recent CREDIBLE poll showed a majority in favour of an away section.

TITANIC AND HIS CHUMMIES CHOSE TO IGNORE THOSE RESULTS.

Which most recent poll? I've been trying to find more, but those are the only two I've found other than this one (which, again, is not credible because it is about the reaction to yesterday's game, and not a reasoned thought out thing - you only have to look at how much the 'no's have grown today as opposed to those voting immediately after the game)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Yes, we could do with an away end to boot the palace tools into when they get obnoxious.

Or they could just be booted into 'the other stuff' with much the same effect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here