The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
so in other words you cheated

Well I cheated in the sense that I used a tactic someone else had made and I used a scouting program to help me find the best players from the darkest corners of the World yes.

The trouble with the game these days is that the programmers have tried to make it as realistic as possible. This actually takes the fun out of it for me. I know that in real life a manager can't take charge of Crawley and guide them to Champions league glory but I don't want to emulate real life. What's the point of playing this game if your just going to emulate the real life BHAFC and yo-yo between the 2nd and 3rd division?

This is the tactic I used......

MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.4.B (Wolves, Oct 2011).tac

Download it, put it in your tactics folder and see if it solves your problems. I like it because it's almost the same as Gus' real 4-2-3-1 formation which uses the lone striker up front (therefore it's easy to fit Brighton's players straight into it.:thumbsup:)

It's probably good enough to win you the league at a canter without buying anyone at all.

If you want to "cheat" that is. :wink:

Last edited:

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Copied from the other forum I use.

"Started my career with Brighton, in my first season I won the Championship, finishing on 101 points, scoring 101 goals. Jamie Mackie finished top goalscorer in the league with 26 goals. Picked up some great signings for my first Premiership signings. Ended up finishing 8th, and reaching the F.A Cup final (lost 2-1 to Man City) which meant that it was European football for the Albion.

However, after 10 league games, Chelsea came in for me and I decided to give it a go. Left Brighton in the top ten of the Prem, and already qualified from our EURO Cup group (Basel, Strum Graz and PSV). Looking forward to turning a ****ing woeful Chelsea team around.

They were 14th after 10 games, but now, after 21 games, I've moved up to 5th. The top 4 teams are on 46, 46, 46 and 45 points whilst I'm a fair bit behind on 38. Meireles (sold), Anelka (released) Drogba (retired) and Essien (sold) have all gone but not replaced, whilst Lampard, Malouda, Terry and Cole are already past their prime. The only players that have brought in who are Premiership quality are Stephan Lichtsteiner, Rhodolfo and Gabriel Torje.

Got in to January and picked up Tevez for £1,900,000 and a couple of youngsters who have enough potential to be first team in a couple of years. I've also agreed deals with Emanuelson and Cambiasso and a couple of other players who are signing on short term deals in the summer, giving me the cover in f*cking need. Going to be a real challenge to win the league in the next couple of seasons. "

EDIT: Just won away from home 8-1... at the Amex. :cry:

Last edited:

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
Well I cheated in the sense that I used a tactic someone else had made and I used a scouting program to help me find the best players from the darkest corners of the World yes.

The trouble with the game these days is that the programmers have tried to make it as realistic as possible. This actually takes the fun out of it for me. I know that in real life a manager can't take charge of Crawley and guide them to Champions league glory but I don't want to emulate real life. What's the point of playing this game if your just going to emulate the real life BHAFC and yo-yo between the 2nd and 3rd division?

This is the tactic I used......

MiNiMaL_FuSS Coterminosity V0.4.B (Wolves, Oct 2011).tac

Download it, put it in your tactics folder and see if it solves your problems. I like it because it's almost the same as Gus' real 4-2-3-1 formation which uses the lone striker up front (therefore it's easy to fit Brighton's players straight into it.:thumbsup:)

It's probably good enough to win you the league at a canter without buying anyone at all.

If you want to "cheat" that is. :wink:

I managed to get Cambridge United from the conference to the premier league in 5 seasons without spending a penny. My wage bill was 50k a week. I won the championship on goal difference. It is possible to do without cheating!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I tell you people do not buy henri lansbury I am in my second season and purchased said player popped him in the first team and took him off at half time in his first game as he was woeful and he then put in a transfer request the next day.

Muppet

cjwoolven

Jun 4, 2008
I tell you people do not buy henri lansbury I am in my second season and purchased said player popped him in the first team and took him off at half time in his first game as he was woeful and he then put in a transfer request the next day.

Muppet

Had him on loan in my second season, first in the prem, and he done alright for me. Weird.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Rinsed League One with MK Dons, got 114 points and finished the season undefeated.
The club is haemorrhaging money though. Got no wage budget or transfer budget for this season so had to sign a shitload of players on youth contracts.
Don't stand a chance of survival.

Amex_Charlie

Dec 17, 2010
Brighton
Season 1 (Brighton): Rinsed the championship, 99 points
Season 2 (Brighton): 8th place
Season 3 (Brighton): 17th place (Sacked!!)
Season 4 (Reading): Lost In Playoff Final
Season 5 (Reading): currently in 4th with 22 games to go!

Good players:
Season 1- Mouche, Mackail-smith and Greer
Season 2- Sordell, Barnes, Eagles
Season 3- Barnes, Mackail-Smith, Rodriguez
Season 4- Mackie, Kebe, Bridcutt
Season 5- Sordell, Kebe, Bridcutt

FLOG GNAW

Banned
Sep 21, 2009
Under Your Skin.
Copied from the other forum I use.

"Started my career with Brighton, in my first season I won the Championship, finishing on 101 points, scoring 101 goals. Jamie Mackie finished top goalscorer in the league with 26 goals. Picked up some great signings for my first Premiership signings. Ended up finishing 8th, and reaching the F.A Cup final (lost 2-1 to Man City) which meant that it was European football for the Albion.

However, after 10 league games, Chelsea came in for me and I decided to give it a go. Left Brighton in the top ten of the Prem, and already qualified from our EURO Cup group (Basel, Strum Graz and PSV). Looking forward to turning a ****ing woeful Chelsea team around.

They were 14th after 10 games, but now, after 21 games, I've moved up to 5th. The top 4 teams are on 46, 46, 46 and 45 points whilst I'm a fair bit behind on 38. Meireles (sold), Anelka (released) Drogba (retired) and Essien (sold) have all gone but not replaced, whilst Lampard, Malouda, Terry and Cole are already past their prime. The only players that have brought in who are Premiership quality are Stephan Lichtsteiner, Rhodolfo and Gabriel Torje.

Got in to January and picked up Tevez for £1,900,000 and a couple of youngsters who have enough potential to be first team in a couple of years. I've also agreed deals with Emanuelson and Cambiasso and a couple of other players who are signing on short term deals in the summer, giving me the cover in f*cking need. Going to be a real challenge to win the league in the next couple of seasons. "

EDIT: Just won away from home 8-1... at the Amex. :cry:

Ended up finishing 5th. Top 5 were

Arsenal - 84
Man City - 83
Man U - 80
Spurs - 79
Chelsea - 77

Reached the 1/4 finals of the F.A Cup, losing 3-0 to Wolves (Really struggle whenever I play 'em)

However, the highlight of the season was winning the Champions League.

Won my group which included Panathinaikos, Valencia and Galatasaray before knocking out Benfica, Schalke and Barca on my way to a final with Real Madrid. A utter cracker of a final, which saw Torres scoring a screamer in the 86th minute to give Chelsea a 4-3 lead. Torres has been AMAZING for me this season. Top goalscorer in the league, and Champions League, he won player of the season too. Absolute star.

In Pre-season most of my signings were either cover or youth players. Cambiasso, Rafinha and Nils Peterson being the main back-up players.

The only two first team players I signed were Eden Hazard and Ganso, giving a squad of.

Cech
Cole Terry Rhodolfo Lichtsteiner
Hazard Mikel Ganso Torje
Torres Tevez

Subs: Delec, Bruma, Rafinha, Cambiasso, Ramires, Mata, Lukaku.

Hoping to win the Europa League and at least one domestic honour.

Edit: Just played the first two games of the season. Beating a newly promoted Norwich 2-1 at CR, and winning 8-1 against Villa at SB. :clap: :clap:

I've now reached the point where it's rapidly becoming a bit boring due to my team being a bit too good, although I'm surprised how quickly it's come on. I'm in March 2019, 11 points clear at the top of the Premier League (which I won once before but only thanks to a fantastic late run). I won the League Cup (pumelling Man City 4-1 in the final), got knocked out of the FA Cup in the 3rd round away to Sheffield United (I put out the reserve team) and am in the quarter finals of the European Cup (we're the defending champions). I'm now buying a lot of the best young players, making it increasingly difficult for other clubs to compete as the original players retire, and selling the odd fringe player for huge sums to keep the bank balance healthy (as the Amex is still only 32k capacity!).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
[/B]

This game is very unrealistic. As if a Chelsea manager would get as long as you've had so far.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
New patch is out... No Assulin or Razak at Brighton

No, I think it's policy not to include short-term loans. Rest of the squad looks good though, Solly March has nice potential and quite a few others have been upgraded. I'm going to raid Pompey and Rangers for a few bargains I think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports