The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Current Brighton players when sold & how much.

11/12
Poke - 85k - Hibs
Casper - 250k - Fulham
Tarrico - Free
Gonzalez - 90k - Parma
Sparrow - 230k - Reading
Barnes - 100k - Reading
Vicente - 1.4MIL - Zurich

12/13
Painter - 275k - Sheff Weds
Navvaro - Free
Elphick - Free
Brezovan - 575k - Ipswich
Dicker - 975k - Derby
Harley - 250k 0 Bristol city
CMS - 7.5MIL (told a lie scored 37 goals in 46 games in chamionship & 6 goals in 17 games in the prem)
Noone - 1.9MIL - Southampton
Greer - Free
Calderon - Free - Novara

13/14
El-abd -Free
Hoskins - Free
Vincelot - Free
Bergkamp - Free

14/15
None

15/16
Bridcutt - 4.2MIL - Blackburn
Lualua - 8MIL - Burnley
Vokes - 7.5MIL - Aston Villa (I ended up buying him)
Mattock - 2MIL - Fulham (I ended up buying him)
Buckley - 2MIL - Fulham

16/17
Dunk - 5MIL - Wigan

17/18
None

18/19
JFC - 9.25MIL - Roma

19/20
None

I think thats everyone

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
I checked Brightons Max attendance and it was set at 36,500 so you must be getting 65k with another club.
Maybe it varies? I didn't even know about the editor when I started this game. But I am definitely getting 65,000 with Brighton. Zero database changes.

as for the stadium thing with yxee, 65,000 sounds abit high but people say you can ask for new stadium around 2031 so I would expect a 50k + or there wouldnt be much point, im still just waiting for the board to let me increase it from 30500 im in 20/21 season at but didnt start winning things till late on so that might be why.

yeah the option to ask became enabled in January that year I think. They made it 50k and expanded it to 65 within a year (max capacity). 30500 is the max for the AMEX though, it says when you hover the mouse over the disabled boardroom option.

check it out
http://i49.tinypic.com/ilyn40.png
(btw I leave the PC on overnight for work so that's why it's at like 47 days since Jan!)

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2011
(btw I leave the PC on overnight for work so that's why it's at like 47 days since Jan!)

Yeah yeah, likely storey :)

As for some of the figures banded about in the post above, 10Mil for JFC?! 8Mil for KLL? How the hell do you get ridiculous prices for all your players? The AI on my FM seem to never buy any players and when they do they offer like 50% of what I paid for them in the first place :(

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
league cup 2041, palace still having no luck on the penalties!

2zh2o2u.jpg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
i have suddenly become obsessed with it again in 2013/14 season with a starting line up of
gk joe lewis
rb eric lichaj
cb greer
cb ryan bennet
lb leandro castan
cm hargreaves
cm darron gibson
rw will buckley
lw ryan simmonds/ elliott bennet
st david goodwillie
st jay rodriegez
beat arsenal 4-0, won the league cup and got to quater finals of europa 6th in the league with 6 games to go

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
So I finally made the plunge into FM2012 after enjoying FM2011 for years and I have to say this version is much harder; or at least I'm finding it harder. In the eleven games I've lead the Albion we've scored twice and lost all but one game which was a 2-2 draw.

Seems the tactic I honed in FM2011 isn't applicable to FM2012 at all! Back to the chalk board!

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
GK - Tim Krul (Newcastle and Holland starter) + Ben Amos (Man U youngster and England U21)

LB - (both loans) Jack Robinson (Liverpool and Eng U21) + Greg Cunningham (Man City + Ireland)
RB - Kyle Naughton (Spurs) + promising Brazilian youngster
CB - Ryan Bennett (Norwich and Eng U21) + Marc Bartra (Barca)
CB - Craig Dawson (England U21) + Dunk + Hall
(good LB + RB prospects too from France)

DM - Bridcutt (full Scotland player) + Wuytens (Belgian lad from think Dutch league who covers every def and mid spot)
CM - Andile Jali an immense South African star (new Vicente) + Jake Livermore (Spurs)
ACM - Ross Barkley (Everton and Eng U21s) + JFC (Eng U21s)
ML - Kaz (Just got into Congo team) - (then JFC or Wuytens to cover)
AMR - Buckley with Barkley sometimes playing here and Zeli Ismail who got released by a prem team and seems English project

ST - Been playing just one most games but thinking 2 now that got....... Pablo Mouche 25 goals in 22 PREM games 1st season + Jordan Rhodes to replace CMS in my team and Scotland senior side + Nathan Delfouneso (Villa went down with Newcastle and Norwich, he's moody as not been playing) + Just signed the new Drogba ;) Lacina Traore from Ukraine (he's 6'8" and yet can play with the ball on the floor, 4 games and had 1 stormer but 3 rather disapointing.... think he'll be a god when settles and learns English though)

Am 6th!!!! and in final of LC but got Spurs who are 2nd in league. Man U walked it last season and top now but Man C and Spurs close behind then big drop to Arsenal, Chelsea (half the god like Brazilians plus Hazard), Me, Wigan, and lowly Liverpool then Wolves and Everton. I just got spanked 7-0 at old trafford though and the fans are pissed off we lost 2-0 at Amex to Man C :x

Bloom gave about 13 million maybe at start of Prem (after winning Champ just from Southampton but then massive gap below) but then 16 million MORE at Xmas as I'm doing so well. Failed to sign Santon or Ben Arfa from relegated Newcastle but did get the massive striker plus Barca CB plus plenty of prospects.

Last edited:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I've recently got this on the iPhone and it's hard as nails managing BHA.
Has anyone got any tips when starting with BHA on the iPhone version?

andyconor

Nov 20, 2011
I'm not bragging or anything but this is my career and team so far:

11/12: Finished 1st in the Championship
12/13: Finished 15th in the Premier League
13/14: Finished 10th in the Premier League
14/15: Finished 4th in the Premier League - won League and FA cup
15/16: Won Premier League - won League and FA cup - got to 1st knockout round of the Champions League
16/17: Just had my 51 match unbeaten run ended by West Ham in the 93rd minute. I am second to Man City in the league.

Man City have players like Ronaldo, Ozil, Hazard, Nasri and Aguero...

My team:

Ruffier
Romario * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Alderweireld * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Filipe * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
van Aanholt * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Mbia
Wilshere * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Shaqiri * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Rodriguez * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Fierro (20 gls in 32 appearances) * * ** * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
Kleber (22 in 26)

finlaych

Apr 16, 2011
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just started about my 6th save with Brighton and here are my transfers:

IN:
John Bostock - Spurs - Loan
Damian Martinez - Arsenal - Loan
Robbie Brady - United - Loan
Jason Lowe - Blackburn - 1.2m
Adrian Leijer - Melbourne Victory - 100k

OUT:
Roland Bergkamp - Southend - Loan
Grant Hall - Wycombe - Loan
Anton Rodgers - Aldershot - Loan
Yaser Kasim - Southend - Loan
Marcos Painter - Crawley - 40k
Casper Ankergren - Southampton - 40k
Peter Brezovan - Sunderland - 60k
Gary Dicker - Leeds - 220k
Torbjorn Agdestein - Dag and Red - Loan
Matt Sparrow - Ipsich - Loan fee 100k

Anyway the only reason I am posting this is because of my first game of the season:
Screen shot 2012-08-20 at 15.40.06.png

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I played through as Brighton first on the Android version, got promoted as Champions in my first season. I was staggered! With my meagre budget (Poyet-esque complaint) I managed to loan Gael Kakuta, Steven Ireland and Anders Lindegaard and signed Javlon Campbell on a loan (who scored 40 in 48).

Once promoted, I signed three players from Spain (arranged in Jan) including Iker Munain (an astonishing player) and Ruben Gutierrez as well as a couple of journeymen prem players. So mid-way through my first season in the prem after being set expectations of "bravely fight against relegation" and sitting 8th in the table, my goalkeeper a Spaniard, felt homesick, 3 of my players took this as a personal insult and within 5 days (during which I was desperately trying to shift out the keeper), the board SACKED ME!

Fuming, I started again as Eastbourne Boro. I'm now in the process of retaining the Prem title for the 5th time after winning everything under the sun last season (2020/21). I also learned my lesson: my keeper (again!) got homesick and 5 people got hacked off so I sold him immediately.

I've been slowly increasing the stadium capacity every year and its now at 55k! Oh, and Messi plays for me. Signed at 31 for 5.25m but still unspeakably good.

Its astonishingly addictive.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
if only!!

and whose the Stephen lad whose got 2 assists there? can't read his surname but sounds decent. I take it your in your first season with that team?

You might know who he is now... I guess Gus has been reading this thread

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Just loaded up a game that I last played about 3 months ago, and my squad includes...

Yves Ma Kalambay
Chris Herd
Glenn Loovens
Mariano Pernia
David Carney
Alejandro
Robert Nanni

No idea who half these players are, but I won my first (and only) game 6-1 against Leeds!

Untitled-3.jpg

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
OK I have updated with the LM Marshall update (the best there is) which brings all elague and teams up to date.

I Have only brought in three players to the squad - two CBs - Curtis Nelson from Plymouth for 130 k and Tiago Ilori from Sporting for 425k. I brought in another back up SC in Tom Hitchcok free transfer and sold Brez, Dicker and Sparrow for a combined total of 525k.

10 games in we are five points clear and have just dumped QPR out of the Capital One.... and Vicente hasnt been injured yet (Dobbie has been injured all the time). In two games against Birmingham and Blackpool we scored 11 goals.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
OK I have updated with the LM Marshall update (the best there is) which brings all elague and teams up to date.

I Have only brought in three players to the squad - two CBs - Curtis Nelson from Plymouth for 130 k and Tiago Ilori from Sporting for 425k. I brought in another back up SC in Tom Hitchcok free transfer and sold Brez, Dicker and Sparrow for a combined total of 525k.

10 games in we are five points clear and have just dumped QPR out of the Capital One.... and Vicente hasnt been injured yet (Dobbie has been injured all the time). In two games against Birmingham and Blackpool we scored 11 goals.
Any chance of a link for the update?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports