The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I got that too... Bizarre!

Dec 29, 2011
If you wrote this I have a few issues.
Firstly Brighton get an OK budget, nothing wrong with about 3M for the championship.
Secondly CMS got 21 goals for me in the league so when you say "he can't score" then I think maybe you're using him wrong :)
Thirdly it's pretty easy with Brighton. The likes of KLL, Noone and Buckley mean you have to play a very wide game, but you'll score pretty easily with Hoskins and CMS upfront (presuming you have the older database.... reading further it appears you have the new database).
I got parnaby too, does a job until Premier League level.
Don't agree on loaning out Dunk, Buckley or Hoskins as they're all decent on the game.

Cool website, if you made it, but the continual use of that font is kinda annoying.

Dec 29, 2011
Also the reason I came in this thread was to ask if anyone played with Brighton got their attendances up?
I have a 30k stadium and only average about 23k crowds even though I play in the premier league.
I only sell out for European games. Is there a maximum crowd I can attract?

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Also the reason I came in this thread was to ask if anyone played with Brighton got their attendances up?
I have a 30k stadium and only average about 23k crowds even though I play in the premier league.

My season ticket sales have gone down to 16k in my third season in the prem after extending the ground to 26k- only getting around 19k for Premier League games :shrug:

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011

do u use fmrte if so go and edit minimum attendance

BHAFANS

Jul 27, 2011
Middleton
If you wrote this I have a few issues.
Firstly Brighton get an OK budget, nothing wrong with about 3M for the championship.
Secondly CMS got 21 goals for me in the league so when you say "he can't score" then I think maybe you're using him wrong :)
Thirdly it's pretty easy with Brighton. The likes of KLL, Noone and Buckley mean you have to play a very wide game, but you'll score pretty easily with Hoskins and CMS upfront (presuming you have the older database.... reading further it appears you have the new database).
I got parnaby too, does a job until Premier League level.
Don't agree on loaning out Dunk, Buckley or Hoskins as they're all decent on the game.

Cool website, if you made it, but the continual use of that font is kinda annoying.
Thanks, the website is in the making. By the way, this is Handheld on iPad and yes, I admit Albion are pretty easy. 2nd season, got promoted

Thought I'd give this a bit of a bounce, even if only to talk about my hideously successful team ;-)

I have expanded the Amex to 38,500 which we sell out every game (after years of success). There was a definite dip in the 3rd season (my second in the Prem) - but if you continue to be successful it will build up again.

Currently in 2021 and not given the option in board discussions to expand or build a new stadium so assume I must be at the expansion limit - I see someone else got a new stadium in 2031 so only ten more seasons to go!

My Brighton team just won the Premiership for the 3rd consecutive season, and the Champions League for the 4th. I've reacted by flogging 4 of my star players (and, come to think of it, the only 4 real players left in my squad). I sold Conner Wickham (who I picked up for £5.75m in 2013) to Real Madrid for £43m (he won the European golden boot this year and has been the captain and fulcrum of my team for years), Abdullah Yaisien (£7.75m from Arsenal, originally PSG) to Man City for £36m, Mateo Kovacic (£8.25m from Chelsea, via Stoke, originally Dinamo Zagreb) to Man United for £40m and Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (£27m from Borrusia Monchengladbach) to Spurs for £39m. All have been replaced by youngsters that I've bought either in the current off-season or previously (I've picked up a lot of 16 year olds and nurtured them through my U18s and Reserve sides). The average age of the side that won everything last season was 22 so it must be even lower now. We are the 5th richest club in the world (behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United and Arsenal) and I've made an absolute packet on my transfer dealings so we have far more money than we can spend. Normally this stage (when everything is set up on a plate) is when I get bored of but for some reason this save keeps pulling me back in.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
Thought I'd give this a bit of a bounce, even if only to talk about my hideously successful team ;-)

I have expanded the Amex to 38,500 which we sell out every game (after years of success). There was a definite dip in the 3rd season (my second in the Prem) - but if you continue to be successful it will build up again.

Currently in 2021 and not given the option in board discussions to expand or build a new stadium so assume I must be at the expansion limit - I see someone else got a new stadium in 2031 so only ten more seasons to go!

My Brighton team just won the Premiership for the 3rd consecutive season, and the Champions League for the 4th. I've reacted by flogging 4 of my star players (and, come to think of it, the only 4 real players left in my squad). I sold Conner Wickham (who I picked up for £5.75m in 2013) to Real Madrid for £43m (he won the European golden boot this year and has been the captain and fulcrum of my team for years), Abdullah Yaisien (£7.75m from Arsenal, originally PSG) to Man City for £36m, Mateo Kovacic (£8.25m from Chelsea, via Stoke, originally Dinamo Zagreb) to Man United for £40m and Marc-Andre Ter Stegen (£27m from Borrusia Monchengladbach) to Spurs for £39m. All have been replaced by youngsters that I've bought either in the current off-season or previously (I've picked up a lot of 16 year olds and nurtured them through my U18s and Reserve sides). The average age of the side that won everything last season was 22 so it must be even lower now. We are the 5th richest club in the world (behind Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man United and Arsenal) and I've made an absolute packet on my transfer dealings so we have far more money than we can spend. Normally this stage (when everything is set up on a plate) is when I get bored of but for some reason this save keeps pulling me back in.

I see you done what I do around 5 seasons in, I also try to buy as many english players as pos when I can (no old than 25) & I only buy abroad if they are 4* or more and 21 or younger, then when any player reaches 28 - 30 they're out the door, so my 1st team is mainly full of 18 to 23 year olds and about 5 24 to 28 year olds.

I see you done what I do around 5 seasons in, I also try to buy as many english players as pos when I can (no old than 25) & I only buy abroad if they are 4* or more and 21 or younger, then when any player reaches 28 - 30 they're out the door, so my 1st team is mainly full of 18 to 23 year olds and about 5 24 to 28 year olds.

Yes absolutely. Even though money is practically no object, I tend to sell players at their peak (Wickham was 28) in order to maximise the sale value; in his case, as I only play one striker he was also stopping my young up-and-coming players from getting significant game time.

My first choice XI for this season coming has an average age off about 22½, with my captain centre half the oldest at 27 and the next oldest 25.

To my shame, I now have only 3 england-qualified players in my first team squad - 2 centre halves (one direct from my youth team) and a centre midfielder (of which 2, one CB and the CM) are in the current England squad. I've also had two or three other players from my youth team that have made it into the England side while playing at Brighton, although I've later sold them. I have one Scot (my first choice keeper) and the rest are all foreign - there seems to be in my game a LOT of very good young french and german players.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I tend to pay well over the odds just to get the very best up and coming English players (highest being £15 mil for 18 year old from Man united now 21 and worth 22mil so will only grow).
But I then got scouts scouting on every area (the section with 21 in total) & got that set with players only under the age of 20 so they either go in my youth team or reserve but still can play them in my 1st team without having the troubles of not having enough space to play them as they are under 21.
I also find the best players are in Brazil and Argentina and I always try to buy there 16 to 18 year olds in the under 19 section for 500k to 3mill and they turn out to be fantastic (again only if the star is 4 or higher)
I like Germany to as they dont get the chance to play for them for copy right reasons in the game or what not so a few times they ended up playing for England.
Also Spain but most come from Barca and they ask for 10 to 20mil for a 18 year old which Im not going to do but the get a few goodens time from time.
2 real Brighton players manage to play for England to, Dunk made 1 whilst with me but now at wolves, but CMS is a regular with 18 now but with Roma.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
CMS and Bridcutt play for Scotland in mine? Also how do you sign great youngsters from Brazil and Argentina as all the ones I find can't get a work permit :(

Only in my 1st season with Brighton but my Eastbourne save I got them into the Prem and fancied a change.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
CMS and Bridcutt play for Scotland in mine? Also how do you sign great youngsters from Brazil and Argentina as all the ones I find can't get a work permit :(

Only in my 1st season with Brighton but my Eastbourne save I got them into the Prem and fancied a change.

You need a partnership with a team where they can gain a work permit but make sure its with a team where it takes only 3 years and not 5 years as they will then be 21 when they can play for you (south american players have to be 18 before they can join you), but as of late I have had 5 or 6 players who gained a permit right away (in the last 2 seasons)

I also sold CMS in my 3rd season to derby for 7.5 mil as he scored 23 goals in the prem, 2 season later he was worth like 400k as he didnt score a single goal and his states were poor so he was total wank! briddcutt lasted 4 seasons in total before he was sold, dont know how many times he played for scoteland tbh.

willyfantastic

Mar 1, 2009
I tend to pay well over the odds just to get the very best up and coming English players (highest being £15 mil for 18 year old from Man united now 21 and worth 22mil so will only grow).
But I then got scouts scouting on every area (the section with 21 in total) & got that set with players only under the age of 20 so they either go in my youth team or reserve but still can play them in my 1st team without having the troubles of not having enough space to play them as they are under 21.
I also find the best players are in Brazil and Argentina and I always try to buy there 16 to 18 year olds in the under 19 section for 500k to 3mill and they turn out to be fantastic (again only if the star is 4 or higher)
I like Germany to as they dont get the chance to play for them for copy right reasons in the game or what not so a few times they ended up playing for England.
Also Spain but most come from Barca and they ask for 10 to 20mil for a 18 year old which Im not going to do but the get a few goodens time from time.
2 real Brighton players manage to play for England to, Dunk made 1 whilst with me but now at wolves, but CMS is a regular with 18 now but with Roma.

with a few clicks you can remove that Germany copyright problem

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Still loving this game.

Half way through my fifth season with Albion now and currently second in the prem following on from a mid table finish last season. The main reason for my improvement is the strikeforce, in the summer I managed to get Daniel Sturridge on a FREE, Connor Wickham for £2 million, Agbonlahor for £10 million and Federico Macheda for £1.5 million. They're now banging the goals in.

Also got Jordan Henderson on a free in the summer and signed Savic from Man City for peanuts the previous season who is class.

Only original players I have left are Dunk, JFC and El-Abd.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Just started my 5th season after finishing 3rd in the Prem with Brighton.
The only remaining players from the original squad are JFC, Dunk and March- JFC and Dunk are rotation players but March has stopped developing and he won't be good enough to make the first team.
Picked up Connor Wickham for £2 million and Carlos Vela for £4 million last season and they tore it apart- Wickham scoring 23 and Vela scoring 29.
Got Adam Lallana for £4 million in my second season when we came up and he is still doing the business- now team captain, Brighton icon and he's bagged me 49 assists and 21 goals in 108 appearances.
Had to start throwing the cash around after being given a £40 million budget and signed Asamoah Gyan for £20 million, Rodrigo from Benfica for £11.5 million and Paul Pogba who I had on loan last season for £10 million.

Current match squad is along the lines of:

GK: 4 and a half star regen that I signed for free from Brondby

RB- Martin Kelly- £7.75 million
CB- James Tomkins- £5.25 million
CB- Danny Wilson- £2 million
LB- Filipe- £6 million
RW- Gabriel Torje- £10 million
CM- Andile Jali- £10.25 million
BWM- Joe Allen- £7.5 million
AP- Paul Pogba- £10 million
LW- Adam Lallana- £4 million
P- Asamoah Gyan- £20 million

Subs:
Carlos Vela- £4 million
Connor Wickham- £2 million
Jordon Mutch- £5 million
Giovani Dos Santos- £1 million
Jem Karacan- £3 million
Lewis Dunk
Rodrigo- £11.25 million

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester

Same happened to me, it will rise with success or cup runs. I'm pretty far in the game (new stadium) and reaching 65,000, no need to edit anything. It just takes a few years and a couple of cup victories. Even the Carling cup/EURO work wonders for improving the club reputation.

Dec 29, 2011
Same happened to me, it will rise with success or cup runs. I'm pretty far in the game (new stadium) and reaching 65,000, no need to edit anything. It just takes a few years and a couple of cup victories. Even the Carling cup/EURO work wonders for improving the club reputation.
I checked Brightons Max attendance and it was set at 36,500 so you must be getting 65k with another club.
I also sold CMS in my 3rd season to derby for 7.5 mil as he scored 23 goals in the prem, 2 season later he was worth like 400k as he didnt score a single goal and his states were poor so he was total wank! briddcutt lasted 4 seasons in total before he was sold, dont know how many times he played for scoteland tbh.
Thats a joke. CMS was a bench warmer for two seasons for me until I eventually managed to sell him for 400k after two unsuccessful seasons trying to sell him. Bridcutt also lasted 4 seasons for me and managed to sell him for 3M I think, which I was very happy with (same with Buckley).

Just won my first Premier League title 4 seasons in but go knocked out of the ECC by Madrid in the Semis.

ees complicated no?

Apr 3, 2011
Hove, United Kingdom
I checked Brightons Max attendance and it was set at 36,500 so you must be getting 65k with another club.

Thats a joke. CMS was a bench warmer for two seasons for me until I eventually managed to sell him for 400k after two unsuccessful seasons trying to sell him. Bridcutt also lasted 4 seasons for me and managed to sell him for 3M I think, which I was very happy with (same with Buckley).

Just won my first Premier League title 4 seasons in but go knocked out of the ECC by Madrid in the Semis.

I think I was pretty lucky to get that much tbh but I find clubs that just get promoted will pay over the odds for a not so top rated player in my case CMS. (also do you set you transfer setting to 'offer players at 200%' )

as for the stadium thing with yxee, 65,000 sounds abit high but people say you can ask for new stadium around 2031 so I would expect a 50k + or there wouldnt be much point, im still just waiting for the board to let me increase it from 30500 im in 20/21 season at but didnt start winning things till late on so that might be why.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here