Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

Dowling93

Jun 22, 2009
Brighton
No, I think it's policy not to include short-term loans. Rest of the squad looks good though, Solly March has nice potential and quite a few others have been upgraded. I'm going to raid Pompey and Rangers for a few bargains I think.

I added them in through the editor anyway and yeah CMS rating has certainly gone up!

andyconor

Nov 20, 2011
Is it me or are a few of our player's stats underrated. I was thinking of editing it in the editor and making a database. Is there any point?

Dec 29, 2011
Is it me or are a few of our player's stats underrated. I was thinking of editing it in the editor and making a database. Is there any point?
No. Everyone outside the PL is under/over rated. They don't have time / resources to go to every match and rate every player individually. Zaha isn't great either but i'm not gonna edit any of his stats ;)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Yeah it takes a lot longer when you re-load it if you don't win.

Didn't reload a single game. If you follow the chap who created the tactic on the SI website, you'll see that he managed to win his 4th season in the premier league with NORWICH whilst only conceding 4 goals for the entire SEASON. The tactic is, as most people say, tantamount to cheating.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Just got a new stadium built! Been asking for a new one since I reached the expansion limit of 30500 a few years back. Date: 1 Jan 2031. New stadium, 65,000 seats! Was thinking they would never say yes.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
After hammering the Prem over and over again I've decided to start fresh with Dover Athletic. Am thoroughly enjoying playing down in the lower leagues, keeping an eye on the transfer market for good players out of contract. Also managed to snare Brighton as my parent club so every now and then they send me down a decent young player.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
Just started a new save with Sheff Weds, Only in the first few days of pre season but so far I've signed, Marcello Trotta, Gai Assulin and Abdul Razak :)

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Going head to head with Palace for the title :lolol: Things are getting pretty heated between myself and Mr Freedman.

As you can see from the search-bar, I was thinking that bringing in Chelsea's gorgeous physio would boost morale but she isn't even tempted by Sexy Pete :(

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
shambles.JPG

Not really relevant, I still play 01/02 (with this seasons squads, someone did a lot of work to update the database!), but this is still a classic Football Manager moment. I am trying to win the Premier League with Tottenham. Struggling extremely badly, and this sums it up.
:down:

View attachment 31164

Not really relevant, I still play 01/02 (with this seasons squads, someone did a lot of work to update the database!), but this is still a classic Football Manager moment. I am trying to win the Premier League with Tottenham. Struggling extremely badly, and this sums it up.
:down:
Thank you, I still play 01/02 and wanted a relevant thread to show off this bad boy! Done without cheating I may add, though there may be doubters out there!:clap:
REAL MADRID.jpg

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
March, JFC and Dunk look like they're all going to end up being world-class players- JFC and Dunk's potential stats must have been upped a fair bit on the recent update:

20t1ppg.png

o09g0k.png

2afj0gn.png

33w5x06.png

I need to stop playing this game..

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
After my tika-taka Albion supper team filesave crashed in the fourth season (won everything except the premiership) edcided to try saving Northampton and shocked to discover the Cobblers seem to get better youth players and have a better youth set up than us!!

Tika takkaying my way to the league 2 title with only Crawley anywhere near... Di Canio and Poyet sacked...

hornet

Mar 9, 2005
Horsham
How is it that giggs and spearing don't want to negotiate with me as the club is too small (stevenage in league 1) and then go and sign for Welling Utd (conf) and TNS (Wales) respectively?

Withnail

Jan 16, 2004
Lincoln
Did anyone else get the April Fools message yesterday? It stated the board were going to give you £500 million to invest in new players and a stadium and when you accept it there was an April Fools message saying "You didn't think we'd make it that easy for you". Must admit I fell for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here