Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Official FOOTBALL MANAGER 2012 Career Thread

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
new-ish career, end of Jan 2012, not buying any first team players in the 1st season, trying to win it with the same squad as Gus.
bought a few youngsters for next season tho. bought Kaza for 1mill.

kicked the crap out of spurs in the cup with what appears to be a very reliable 442 that easily backs up into a narrow 4231 or a defensive 451/433.

fm12 winning vids

CMS as a poacher next to Hoskins as an advanced forward.
or CMS as deep lying fwd att with Hoskins a deep lying fwd supp.
bridcutt as centre mid defend and Nav as deep lying playmaker.
Buckly on the right, one of the other three on the left;

short passing, careful takling, counter attack, controlled style.
pass to feet, play out of box.

sorted.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Started a new season with Fleetwood Town (up the Cod Army!) as playing as Brighton is getting a bit stale.
Currently 7th after 8 games, beating the likes of York and Wrexham but losing to Alfreton Town :facepalm:
Attempted to sign up Counago after reading on this thread somewhere that he was mad at Conference level but he decided to go to some Spanish B3 Division side that play on an Astro Turf pitch in front of 27 people instead.
Not to worry- bought in Kevin Lisbie for 5k and although he hasn't scored, he's got the 3rd highest average rating in the league so far which is pretty good going. I do have George Donnelly, Jamil Adam and Jamie Vardy doing plenty of goalscoring though.
If you're starting a season in the Conference, I highly recommend Derek Niven of Chesterfield, who has the highest tackling AND passing completion success rate in the league so far. You can get him in on a loan with no contribution to his wages and his contract expires at the end of the first season.
Trent Mclenahan, who is a free agent at the start of the game, has been a bit of a revelation at RB and Curtis Weston from Gillingham has been slicing defences apart in the BSP, though I did have to part with a princely sum of 10k for his services.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Jamil Adam was top scorer in my save 4 out of 5 seasons I think. His team came up with me first season I believe to BSP then stayed there purely thanks to his goals.

I had Counago upfront for Eastbourne, playing with OGH :thumbsup: By the time Adam would consider me in about season 4, I was too advanced to take him and had higher targets. Petrucci from Man U and Kane from Spurs are the current first choice with Ngoo of Liverpool a big lump off the bench.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Started again with Brighton and stumbled upon the perfect partner for CMS

Samaras cost me £250k and has been absolutely tearing it up with CMS. Playing one as a TM, one as a poacher and having them automatically switch positions.
New update with Jan transfers is out tomorrow though, so may have to start AGAIN :ffsparr:

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
I'm currently Darlington, edited them so they were in administration and managed to keep them up, then play offs the next year, then first the year after.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
New update with Jan transfers is out tomorrow though, so may have to start AGAIN :ffsparr:

Hadn't realised that. Hm, tricky one that. My side's doing really well, but I'm still only two-thirds of the way through my first season and I never managed to tie KLL down to a permanent contract in the game, to my annoyance. To re-start, or not to re-start?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I've just started my second season in the prem I'm in september ad have draw all my league games and won all league cup
My Line Up is
GK Joe Lewis now a full time itnternational for england got on a free when his contract expired
RB Liam Rosenior Got from hull after Warren Aspinall recomended him to me got for 1.5 mil very good
CB Gordon Greer
CB leandro Castan Free Agent
LB danny murphy
CM Owen Hargreaves
CM Jem Karcan
LW vicente
RW Will Buckley
ST Billy Sharp
ST Leon Best
I've got to stop ending matches as draws and don't comment about bad decisions too much the FA get pissed

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
I've just started my second season in the prem I'm in september ad have draw all my league games and won all league cup
My Line Up is
GK Joe Lewis now a full time itnternational for england got on a free when his contract expired
RB Liam Rosenior Got from hull after Warren Aspinall recomended him to me got for 1.5 mil very good
CB Gordon Greer
CB leandro Castan Free Agent
LB danny murphy
CM Owen Hargreaves
CM Jem Karcan
LW vicente
RW Will Buckley
ST Billy Sharp
ST Leon Best
I've got to stop ending matches as draws and don't comment about bad decisions too much the FA get pissed

I've bought Joe Lewis but he is getting frustrated at not playing. I have a 33 year old in goal called Caranta and he is excellent and easily keeping Lewis out of the team at the moment. Also got a defender called Lima, how goog is he!!!

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
cant read all the way through as want quick answer can and how do transfer the demo half season once you buy the game as I have a semi final in the league cup against bottom placed Palarse coming up and would love to continue the demo !!

Seagulls4life

Jul 30, 2010
Brighton
Just got this and starting with Brighton. I've had some of the others and I struggled. Anyone got any helpful tips, tactics, players or staff changes?

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
Just got this and starting with Brighton. I've had some of the others and I struggled. Anyone got any helpful tips, tactics, players or staff changes?

Look at scotland if you get promoted, there are some good players really cheap... fleck, davis, whittaker,wylde at rangers russell and some others at other clubs.

In my first season i won the championship last day of season. the signings i got were: Danny Rose on Loan, he was good but didnt sign him perm. Pablo Mouche - A must buy cheap and scores loads. Andrew Davies - great old CB who was key in promotion. Timo Hildebrand in Goal was brilliant on a free.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
season 2024/25

won the premier league a couple of times, champions league once, long term problem is finding the revenue for wages... currently have the Amex at 30,500 and the reported "attendance" is now 45,000, still can't get the board to build me a new stadium. hopefully won't have to wait much longer!

check out my captain

i43.tinypic.com/rhsbkl dot png

(can't post links, copy paste into browser)

Last edited:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
season 2024/25

won the premier league a couple of times, champions league once, long term problem is finding the revenue for wages... currently have the Amex at 30,500 and the reported "attendance" is now 45,000, still can't get the board to build me a new stadium. hopefully won't have to wait much longer!

check out my captain

He is UNREAL.

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
season 2024/25

check out my captain

How long did it take you to first qualify for the champions league?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here