Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately, this. If he doesn't sign I'll be gutted. He's the best player I've ever seen in the Stripes
How many Albion games have you seen ? He is not even in the Top 10 of best Albion players ever
Someone who has played a handful of Albion matches for half a season wouldn't rate above
The point wasn't about which player has done the most for the club, or who is the greatest Albion legend, Tim simply said 'best player', so how many games isn't relevant. It's fair to say that Vicente is a much better player than most you mentioned.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Isn't that the point of such debate/discussion. If we all limited our conversation to those things that we knew as positive fact then it'd be a pretty quiet place! Fact is we will never know the facts ... we can pick up bits and pieces and then use our instincts and intelligence and put it together into a fairly logical argument. Even when the dusted has settled on this subject we will never really know what happened, like we don't know a gazillion other things about the workings of the club but have a view or position on.

Trying to remove all emotion I think it's pretty obvious what's gone on with Vicente and it's a view that seems to be shared by some and not others, might be wrong, might not be but it's entertaining to me to build up a picture as best I can and have a punt at it.

Long may this sort of stuff live!!

Perfectly summed up.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
A year ago 99.99& of Albion fans had never heard of that Spaniard
100% untrue. Anyone who even vaguely followed European football would have heard of him. He's not some randomer from Estonia, he was one of the best players in the world only a few years ago.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
100% untrue. Anyone who even vaguely followed European football would have heard of him. He's not some randomer from Estonia, he was one of the best players in the world only a few years ago.

I don't follow European football but do follow Football in general a lot and I hadn't heard of him until we became interested in him.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bored with this all now lets move on we either sign him or we dont simple there was a BHA long before him and there will be long after him. Our future doesnt rest on him and he knew the situation long before his partner got prgenant so to me there is no question either Elche pay us compensation or he stays with us simple, now up to TB to sort out and as we are in July we can look forward to other signings.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Bored with this all now lets move on we either sign him or we dont simple there was a BHA long before him and there will be long after him. Our future doesnt rest on him and he knew the situation long before his partner got prgenant so to me there is no question either Elche pay us compensation or he stays with us simple, now up to TB to sort out and as we are in July we can look forward to other signings.

If I get bored with a book I chuck or give it away. If people are bored with it then why feel the need to open the thread, read it and even respond to it? Genuine question as there appear to be more than 1 and if peeps want to speculate why shouldn't they be able to?

If anyone believes that some substantial information might be revealed I'd say forget it and tune into the club website which is the only place that the outcome of this will be found

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Elche (Alicante), July 1 (EFE). - The Elche CF is convinced that Vicente Rodriguez fichará (Signed) by the club Elche once Brighton dismissal from English, as stated by the president of the sports committee of Elche, Toño Garcia Hita. Vicente has been capped by Spain and completed his career at Valencia until a year ago went to English football.

Hita Garcia said that at present the economic conditions of the operation are not as important as the player wants to join the project and work with Fran Escribá.
Vincent already know the new coach of Elche, which coincided with when I was at Valencia coach Quique Sanchez Flores in the middle of the last decade.

The president of the sports committee of Elche, on the other hand, is optimistic about the striker Ferran Corominas recruitment, which will "push hard", despite interest from other teams. The sports committee of Elche expects to close the contracts of these players in the coming days so that, in this way, they can start the preseason with the rest of the group from July 9.

El Elche está seguro de que Vicente Rodríguez fichará tras dejar el Brighton. Granada - Ideal

Finding it really hard to believe anything in this article, Why aint the press over here on to this story? i.e Argus

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Finding it really hard to believe anything in this article, Why aint the press over here on to this story? i.e Argus

Not sure the Argus are capable of any investigative journalism ... they can go to a Press conference and regurgitate a few choice quotes but that's about the extent of it I think

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm seeing all these articles from spanish sites that have gone through automated translation programmes that are clearly very crudely translated and am surprised some people are putting so much stock in them.

HydroJLW

Jun 21, 2012

Got to agree with you here...I am quite surprised that people didn't know who he was!

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Not sure the Argus are capable of any investigative journalism ... they can go to a Press conference and regurgitate a few choice quotes but that's about the extent of it I think

I thought Brian Owen was in contact with Vicente's agent.

Brian Owen ‏[MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen
Latest from Vicente's agent today was a brief text to say conversation with ‪#bhafc‬ was positive without reaching a concrete agreement.

This was 29th june...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I thought Brian Owen was in contact with Vicente's agent.

Brian Owen ‏[MENTION=13191]Brian[/MENTION]__Owen
Latest from Vicente's agent today was a brief text to say conversation with ‪#bhafc‬ was positive without reaching a concrete agreement.

This was 29th june...

Thx ... still doesn't really tell us anything + I'm not sure we should believe anything an agent tells us. Pretty sure TB would ignore me if I raised him and said "as I'm a nice fella I'll tell you I have 2 Aces".

Would be nice if he could do a bit of snooping ... Private Investigator sort of stuff, not that the size and impact of the story warrants it but that's not the point :rolleyes:

Reckon this will be concluded by Tues/Wed too

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
No, I'm not but my best mate was doing some stuff with The Stray Cats a few years back and Bowie was in the next studio. Bowie couldn't sing for toffee but was very close 'friends' with Iggy Pop. Pirlo looks like he could have been a roadie for Iggy so I'm going all in on Italy tonight!

I'm liking your approach very much.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
Thx ... still doesn't really tell us anything + I'm not sure we should believe anything an agent tells us. Pretty sure TB would ignore me if I raised him and said "as I'm a nice fella I'll tell you I have 2 Aces".

Would be nice if he could do a bit of snooping ... Private Investigator sort of stuff, not that the size and impact of the story warrants it but that's not the point :rolleyes:

Reckon this will be concluded by Tues/Wed too

Yea hopefully we will know exactly going on by Tues/Weds. I still think he will be playing for us next season :thumbsup: (well seriously hope)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here