Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The great Vicente saga - 2012 edition [All quite exciting in the end]

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
NSC at its best!

43 pages of assumptions, suppositions and guesswork based on little or no knowledge of any hard facts!

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Why sign these contracts then why not just say come here on a week to week basis
surely if he/we signed contracts tgey were signed to protect such things as him geting fit and going for nothing like he's trying to do now The contracts were signed for areason As i said why bother signing otherwise

Yep agree again.

But why say he can go at the end of last season if this clearly isnt the case. Gus has had another linguistical nightmare!!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
But someone who has played11 or so years for valencia/champions league final/ wanted by R.Madrid for 30M odd etc.... would rate above every player you have mentioned without question.

Spanish traitor!! - V.Amusing. lool

how much do you think lawrenson would go for now more than 30 mil i think . And i think he was talking about what they did for the club Lets be honest vicente has done f*** all for the club ( yet )

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
NSC at its best!

43 pages of assumptions, suppositions and guesswork based on little or no knowledge of any hard facts!

If you look at the posts carefully though, there are only a few who are actually quoting as hard facts. every normal fan realises its all guesswork.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Yep agree again.

But why say he can go at the end of last season if this clearly isnt the case. Gus has had another linguistical nightmare!!
i think gus rather cleverly left the bit out about wanting a fee for him It's the politics of business

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If you look at the posts carefully though, there are only a few who are actually quoting as hard facts. every normal fan realises its all guesswork.

I agree...but going round and round in circles for 44 pages and still being none the wiser than on page 1...?

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
how much do you think lawrenson would go for now more than 30 mil i think . And i think he was talking about what they did for the club Lets be honest vicente has done f*** all for the club ( yet )

Yh i see that. I actually think hes done a lot for the club in respect of showing everyone what is needed to become a proper footballing force. until he arrived we thought CMS, Buckley and Criag noone were world beaters. Whilst these players are decent, he's on a different planet IMO.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Someone who has played a handful of Albion matches for half a season wouldn't rate above Zamora, Foster, Lawrenson, Case, Ward, Horton, Nelson, E.Young, Stevens, Irvine etc. Even Dennis Mortimer as a European Cup winning captain would rank above the Spanish traitor in footballs legends
Eric Young ?? er can't agree with that sorry. All the others I witnessed and had the priviledge of seeing in the stripes and are legends quite rightly but Vicente had me immediately on the edge of my seat each time he got the ball just like Wardy always and Nelson often did but Vicente is a class above all before in technique etc etc So best player we have had - yes, 2nd Lawrenson , God status always Wardy , if Vicente stays , we reach the promised land and we see lots more of his world class then he will become another with God status in Albions history Imho

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
There seem to be lots of reports, tweets, statements but no hard facts,
If he's training tomorrow, it would seem likely he'll be flying in today, if he doesn't, well, that spells the end of vicente I guess

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yep agree again.

Poyet is always saying far too much. How many times have we heard this talk of a "gem".."household name" signing in the past?..Just about every transfer window since he has been here. There may well have been a gentleman's agreement between Vicente and Gus, but then I really don't see where it is Poyet's business agreeing such things anyway. Brighton and Hove Albion players under contract are assets of the club, not the manager. The manager can say who he does and does not want to sign, but the money side of deals I would think has very little to do with Poyet. Say for example we can get £1m or even £500k for Vicente with a year left on his deal. It's not Poyet's place to tell him he can leave if he wants too. I think our manager gets a little bit above his station on occasions.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
I agree...but going round and round in circles for 44 pages and still being none the wiser than on page 1...?

there would be no need for a forum if people didnt have any opinions though. Its good to see others opinions and thoughts, however nuts or crazy they appear to you.

bhawoddy

Jan 25, 2011
Poyet is always saying far too much. How many times have we heard this talk of a "gem".."household name" signing in the past?..Just about every transfer window since he has been here. There may well have been a gentleman's agreement between Vicente and Gus, but then I really don't see where it is Poyet's business agreeing such things anyway. Brighton and Hove Albion players under contract are assets of the club, not the manager. The manager can say who he does and does not want to sign, but the money side of deals I would think has very little to do with Poyet. Say for example we can get £1m or even £500k for Vicente with a year left on his deal. It's not Poyet's place to tell him he can leave if he wants too. I think our manager gets a little bit above his station on occasions.

completely agree - shoulda said bugger all imo.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
How 'holier than thou' , he is simply wanting things his own way, like most players these days......... if we want to moan and object, then it is our right to, I am not under contract, unlike Vicente.

Holier than thou? I'm not sure maintaining a bit of perspective can be considered holier than thou, but I'll bow to your judgement...

Basically, no one has any idea what is going on. It seems fairly clear, however, that he wishes to return to Spain for familial reasons rather than monetary gain. Maybe his wife is suffering post natal depression and needs to be with her friends and family in a Spanish speaking environment? Who knows? Not you, not me, not anyone else on this thread. So how do you justify those people, from a position of ignorance, laying into him?

If Adgestein, for example, said that he wanted to return to Norway because of some family issues do you think the reaction would be the same? Would people say 'f*** him, he's signed a contract, he's just being a mercenary bastard who wants to f*** the club over?

Everyone can 'moan and object' if they want, it's very disappointing to be losing(if we we do actually lose him) such a good and important player. If, however, those people moaning are being excessive and hysterical I think I am well within my rights to suggest that they get a grip and stop over reacting.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Holier than thou? I'm not sure maintaining a bit of perspective can be considered holier than thou, but I'll bow to your judgement...

Basically, no one has any idea what is going on. It seems fairly clear, however, that he wishes to return to Spain for familial reasons rather than monetary gain. Maybe his wife is suffering post natal depression and needs to be with her friends and family in a Spanish speaking environment? Who knows? Not you, not me, not anyone else on this thread. So how do you justify those people, from a position of ignorance, laying into him?

If Adgestein, for example, said that he wanted to return to Norway because of some family issues do you think the reaction would be the same? Would people say 'f*** him, he's signed a contract, he's just being a mercenary bastard who wants to f*** the club over?

Everyone can 'moan and object' if they want, it's very disappointing to be losing(if we we do actually lose him) such a good and important player. If, however, those people moaning are being excessive and hysterical I think I am well within my rights to suggest that they get a grip and stop over reacting.

O..a sensible post....

Vicente comes back we play well all will be forgotten...we/he doesn't play well people will wish he never bothered etc etc...us football fans are a fickle lot

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Isn't that the point of such debate/discussion. If we all limited our conversation to those things that we knew as positive fact then it'd be a pretty quiet place! Fact is we will never know the facts ... we can pick up bits and pieces and then use our instincts and intelligence and put it together into a fairly logical argument. Even when the dusted has settled on this subject we will never really know what happened, like we don't know a gazillion other things about the workings of the club but have a view or position on.

Trying to remove all emotion I think it's pretty obvious what's gone on with Vicente and it's a view that seems to be shared by some and not others, might be wrong, might not be but it's entertaining to me to build up a picture as best I can and have a punt at it.

Long may this sort of stuff live!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here