• Won't turn up to vote

Votes: 34 44.2%

• Total voters

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Won't be voting - every single candidate is poor and the whole principle is wrong anyway.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I won't be voting either.

pointless_support.jpg

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I wonder what would happen if like in some countries , Australia I think is one , voting was compulsory.

It somewhat defeats the point of democracy to make voting compulsory. After abstaining in common place in parliament.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
It might be pointless, needless etc but it is happening.

If you have no interest in who gets the job, fine, just don't complain when they do things you don't like. You are not intrerested in the position so you are not interested in what happens.

Conversely you could have your say.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Have any of the candidates any experience of Policing and what it entails. On the face of it, I would perhaps be more inclined to vote, but I am not certain, if the candidates were either senior ex police or service officers with extensive organisational experience

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

If you have no interest in who gets the job, fine, just don't complain when they do things you don't like. You are not intrerested in the position so you are not interested in what happens.

How on earth do you work that out?

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

I'm abstaining because I don't believe any of the candidates are any good and because the current system is fine. Using your logic I should vote regardless just to ensure my right to complain ?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

This is the point, no-one has been able to have their say.

No-one asked the electorate whether this was wanted, just arrogant assumption that 'more choice' is automatically a good thing. And if the mandate for this election was '... you voted for us, so you clearly agree with our policies...' then they can stick that up their engorged arses.

This isn't apathy, it's active objection. However, the government has said that the size of the turnout will not affect the mandate, so it's only party activists, the truly gullible and close friends who will vote. i.e. people with a vested interest in further politicising the police.

Who will hold the PCC to account? A Police and Crime panel of appointed members - so that's a bit like as it is now. Failing that, you can always put up with them for four years, and get the opportunity to vote them out. Four years.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
from what I have seen they all have been involved in police commissions of some sort or another then was the time to do something not now and I don't like the whole thing being turned into a political circus.
plus will they be able to tell if the police are lying and if they can will they be able to stop this happening better people have tried and failed what makes them any different

so no I will not be voting.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here