• Will turn up and spoil my ballot paper

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • Won't turn up to vote

Votes: 34 44.2%

• Total voters

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
I think we've missed a trick as a football club. With such a low turnout expected, we should've put a fan forward, who would ensure decent policing towards fans. If all bhafc fans voted, they'd have a chance!

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
The Police have got to be subject of control and not just make up their own minds who to arrest, target and bully$. Political control is democracy. The problem is there is only one person elected and not a Committee. The interpretation of how the laws are meant to be inflicted may be only in her own bubble and not the society at large. (i.e. like it is now, when they choose which complaints to investigate based on some mysterious criteria, often based upon the status of the complainant).

It is best to turn up even if you spoil the ballot paper to see the mandate each of the candidates has.

If the BBC did proper interviews instead of the farce, you would actually be able to find out that at least three of the four do not know the function of the Police in British society, i.e. GCE 'O' Level British Constitution. I asked. Only two replies.

Two idiots, one bully, one OK (actually not quite) and one unknown. Make up your own mind. The BBC were disgraceful with their interviews, like a an election for a Pantomime Act.

$ This is arguable. M (French philosopher) said the legislature (elected) should not interfere with the executive (Police etc.) but this is not actually practical.

Montesquieu's separation of powers. Totally agree with him.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Not sure what my education has to with but hey ho.

Yes I disagree with many of the Green party actions since getting into power. In particular, having watched many of the Thursday council webcasts, I detest their political grand standing, something I thought would have been banished having helped vote a supposedly refreshing new party into power ( and yes I voted for them). As it happens I've seen no more action from them than any of the previous councils and constant griping about lack of money ( yes join those of us in the real world !!! ), an insistence that taxes should go up ( strangely not mentioned during their election campaign ) and petty political sniping.

As someone that voted Green at the last election I'm constantly underwhelmed at their actions. You mention cycle lanes, one small but highly publisied "Green" policy. I have yet to see any published evidence that they produce positive results for the environment and OSR residents currently enjoy traffic jams and pollution that they didn't previously. Yet things such as increased recycling collections or green waste collection seem to have been completely forgotten.

Regardless of the above, my previous post was based on the fact that every time someone dares to criticise the Greens you, generally without fail, jump on your Green bandwagon to defend them. Now if you openly admitted you were a Green party supporter or member then I'd get it but you've been challenged many a time, not just by me but by others, and you constantly deny being completely in bed with the party. Your posts suggest otherwise. The reason being is that you leave the attacks on other political parties unchallenged ( apparently because other people will deal with it ) but even the smallest, tinyist attack on the Green party brings forth your anger.

Maybe I've read it wrong, maybe I'm in a minority of one but certainly from this ex-x-banders view point you're a Green apologist.

That post really doesn't say much, apart from grizzling over the fact that I have a certain appreciation for some things that the current administration is trying to achieve. Is is really that important to you that I justify to you every single facet of my political considerations?

If it is, you're going to be left dangling.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Not going to vote. Maybe a bit controversial, but I think the lower the turnout the better, and the more pressure for this to be scrapped.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I think the lower the turnout the better, and the more pressure for this to be scrapped.

It will never happen though, politicians will never admit they are wrong; they will say something like "We need to ensure we engage with the electorate better" and "we need to get our message across better"

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Schools Out for a Day

I can't remember where the Polling Station is (one of two). Voting for the Labour one first choice and Liberal second. They seem more clued up than the others. Not done on political grounds.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here