Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Steve Cook

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
We could have just extended his loan rather than get rid of him completely and I see this as bad business.

He certainly could have played a part in our future and it was a mistake to sell him. He had a great game at RB as well against Liverpool in the Cup and was probably MOM that day.

innit.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
The players were not guilty of sexual assault, that's fine. However what wasn't disputed in the trial even by them was that they acted like collosall w*****s. You can be not guilty and still be a scum bag. They dragged the name of the club through the mud and gave us a reason to dislike players of BHA. I don't want individuals like that playing for the club, I don't care what Cook goes on to do now we are best rid of him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The players were not guilty of sexual assault, that's fine. However what wasn't disputed in the trial even by them was that they acted like collosall w*****s. You can be not guilty and still be a scum bag. They dragged the name of the club through the mud and gave us a reason to dislike players of BHA. I don't want individuals like that playing for the club, I don't care what Cook goes on to do now we are best rid of him.

So you want Dunk out too?

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
On that basis I do yeah, and I think it's right. Dunk let himself down and he admitted. I also think Dunk's overated.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
So you want Dunk out too?

Indeed- I always thought that a verdict in a court of law was the final say in these things. As he was cleared of any wrong doing by saying what you have in the post suggests that anyone involved needs to be held accountable for something they haven't done for the rest of their playing careers?

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
The club made the decision at the time and granted it would be farcical to get rid of Dunk now because of that incident. But I thought at the time they should have looked to offload him (not sack).

In regards to being involved in something he didn't do that's another point. You are completely right they were found not guilty of sexual assault, but they all admitted during their testimonies that they'd been foolish and had regarded it as larking about. Like I said before you can be not guilty and still be a scum bag. For example John Terry allegedly shagged Wayne Bridges wife. No John Terry shouldn't go to prison, but John Terry is a nasty bit of work and his behaviour makes people hate Chelsea. Same with those players they still acted disgracefully and if we'd turned round and said "maybe you should continue your career elsewhere", that wouldn't have been a bad thing.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The club made the decision at the time and granted it would be farcical to get rid of Dunk now because of that incident. But I thought at the time they should have looked to offload him (not sack).

In regards to being involved in something he didn't do that's another point. You are completely right they were found not guilty of sexual assault, but they all admitted during their testimonies that they'd been foolish and had regarded it as larking about. Like I said before you can be not guilty and still be a scum bag. For example John Terry allegedly shagged Wayne Bridges wife. No John Terry shouldn't go to prison, but John Terry is a nasty bit of work and his behaviour makes people hate Chelsea. Same with those players they still acted disgracefully and if we'd turned round and said "maybe you should continue your career elsewhere", that wouldn't have been a bad thing.

If being foolish when you're young makes you a scumbag then we're all 'guilty'.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
I'm not trying to pick a fight on this, but lets not forget that fact that they didn't deny taking pictures of that girl and posing with her, now imagine that was your daughter, are you happy to regard that as foolish behaviour or would you rather describe that as scumbabg behaviour.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Becasue I read their testimonies as reported in the national press at the time. Testimonies that included them admitting cetain behviour.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm not trying to pick a fight on this, but lets not forget that fact that they didn't deny taking pictures of that girl and posing with her, now imagine that was your daughter, are you happy to regard that as foolish behaviour or would you rather describe that as scumbabg behaviour.

My daughter wouldn't have been so foolish as to go to a hotel room with 4 blokes in the first place. Women can be foolish too.

Braggfan

May 12, 2014
Well obviously we differ on what's acceptable. But personally I'm fed up of people making excuses for people because they're a footballer or because they're young. We all take responsibility for our actions, you make your bed you lie in it. My view on what's right or wrong isn't going to be swayed by someone wearing an Albion shirt, no one is above the club and if you can't represent the club properly then you shouldn't be here. That applies to Steve Cook who may have done well elsewhere, but I'm not going to shed a tear over him. Dunk's lucky still to be here in my opinion, but it's up to him to make amends now.

Don't forget we got our money back from Dobbie (750k rumor had it)

Looks like we've actually got close to breaking even on transfer costs during Amex era? Not many people would have thought that when we signed CMS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here