Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starry and anyone who was meeting her on Saturday

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
My sincere condolences Starry, as a Dad I can't even begin to thing how I would feel if I was in your shoes. As said before no parent should have to bury their own child. Thoughts and prayers of all of NSC will be with you in the coming days. RIP Anastasia :angel:

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Terrible news. Has anyone considered getting the two clubs to arrange a moment to pay our respects before the match on Saturday?

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Sinead (Starry), so sorry for you loss ....
Stay strong and take a small crumb of comfort in that all Anastasia's pain and suffering is now over and she rests in peace.
My thoughts are with you at this difficult time.
Shrops
x

nobody's dupe

Old Fart
Feb 12, 2004
I'm behind you!
I am shocked and saddened to hear this news.

Like many of us on NSC I have often read Starry's worthwhile contributions on this board. After reading 'My Journal', I can't think of the pain and anguish she must have been going through whilst she was giving us the benefits of her wisdom.

From the messages already accumulated on this thread it is evident the feeling of helplessness most posters have. It is difficult to find positives at a time like this. Perhaps these suggestions might help.

Some contributors to NSC were planning a more than warm welcome for Dan Harding should he play on Saturday. Banish any negatives thoughts. Instead take no action against him, and just think of him as another player of the team Starry supports.

For those of you who have young children give them a big hug before they go to bed tonight. Tell them how much Mummy/Daddy loves them.

TO VANITY,
"Thank you from all us for recognising that football is not just a game, but that it is a fraternity. Thank you for taking the time and trouble during what must be a fraught and sad time to let us know that a friend of us all is in need of warm thoughts. Let her know that we are with her and her family in her hours of trouble."

RIP Anastasia and God Bless.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
This is really sad news.

Our thoughts are with you

God Bless

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Shouldnt happen to anyone.

Very sad news, my thoughts are with you and your family, Starry.

Godbless

xx

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I am deeply sorry to hear this news.

My deepest condolences to you Sinead, to your husband and to all your family at this sad, sad time.

Through NSC I like most others on here were aware of little Anastasia's illness - and her brave fight - but this news has still shocked me. To be taken at such a young age is simply not right.

As a father myself, I cannot begin to think of how I would even begin to cope in such circumstances.

My families thought's are with you at this difficult time .

RIP Anastasia.

Steve

rospants

off to ronan in the park!
Jul 11, 2005
brighton
sorry to hear about your loss starry, my thoughts are with you and your family at this diffcult time

kelly
x

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
With much love and deepest sympathy.xxx

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Starry

"My journal" is possibly the most heart rendering thing I have ever read. I lost my father to cancer when he was well into his 70's, but a child...?

:nono:

The thoughts of my family and I are with you at this sad time.

Pasty

Last edited:

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Awful. Just awful.

Condolences to you and your family, Starry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here