Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Starry and anyone who was meeting her on Saturday

Vanity

Sep 10, 2005
I just wanted you all to know how much the piece in the programme and what was said at half time meant to the family. Callum was at the game and one of the first things he said when he got home to his mum and dad was that people clapped for Stasia. His little world is all but turned upside down right now and he was so excited that people clapped for his sister. He was also very impressed to see his name in the programme.

I know Sinead and Paddy are very grateful for all the kind messages, emails and cards they have received in the past few days. I hope they'll come and read this thread soon.

I don't know who was responsible for what was said at half time to thank them personally so I hope they see this. Does anyone remember it or have a copy, I'd like to share it with the family?

Nae

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Vanity said:
I just wanted you all to know how much the piece in the programme and what was said at half time meant to the family. Callum was at the game and one of the first things he said when he got home to his mum and dad was that people clapped for Stasia. His little world is all but turned upside down right now and he was so excited that people clapped for his sister. He was also very impressed to see his name in the programme.

I know Sinead and Paddy are very grateful for all the kind messages, emails and cards they have received in the past few days. I hope they'll come and read this thread soon.

I don't know who was responsible for what was said at half time to thank them personally so I hope they see this. Does anyone remember it or have a copy, I'd like to share it with the family?

Nae

I've got a programme and can easily buy another one at the shop.
Please let me know how to get it to you and you are welcome to it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Vanity said:

Nae

Look in this thread

here

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought it would be nicve to have something read out at the match, however I didn't know something was to be put in the program.

It was Hiney who wrote it. Couldn't have put the mords more elequently

Can you let people know on here where to send cards.

If Sinead does not want cards of flowers, we will probably send a donation to her charity.

Dave

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Well done Hiney for the speech. I don't know Starry or her family personally but I'm glad the speech was made and there was a mention in the programme. Puts it all into perspective.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Good to see football put aside and both sets of fans applauding the moving speech at half-time. Well done to those involved. Personally I don't think I could've read that out without blubing.

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
I haven't been on this board for a few days and was thinking what trivial bollox i might have missed. I wished it had been trivial bollox now. Tragic news. :down:

countrygull

Jul 22, 2003
Horsham
The saddest thread I have ever read - and also the most moving, particularly the responses from Vanity. My thoughts are with you Starry and your family - unimaginable pain. God bless you and your beautiful daughter.
x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here