Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Save PAFC - Go green for Leeds game?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Very nice but if their own supporters aren't doing anything what is the point ? We had a 2 year long campaign before we won so let's hear from the Plymouth supporters what their plans are and what protests they're doing ?

"The point" is that we will have tried and in doing so (and inviting others to join us) we will have said thank you for what others did to support our club when we were in need

the munch

Jul 1, 2011
try and get as many clubs up and down the country involved in this!!! spread the footballing word!!! :clap2:
if alot of fans donated just a quid....well you do the sums....................

Bert365

May 7, 2006
do you reckon we could get the Plymouth mascot down for that game would be nice to see both in half and half tops

saltash seagull

Mar 1, 2004
cornwall
i will be wearing my away kit.......i know he is probably on a wind up but i do agree a bit with ernest in that argyle fans havent really been helping themselves ! yes they have had walks from town to home park ect but they havent been successful.whenever we did anything it was always well supported and we got loads of publicty there seems to be a very small group of people taking part in what they are trying down here ! for instance i took part in most of the protests we had i dont know anyone who has taken part in anything they have organised......but thats why they need our help !!! our ideas were always inventive
anyway as much as im up for helping argyle we need to make sure we focus on supporting the albion in our own games and 3 points against leeds is very important so as much as we can anyone with a away shirt should wear that because then we can show our support but importantly stay focused on the team

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
Please get scarves there.. No way we can sacrifice our atmosphere for pa songs but would be made up if we made a sea of green and white with scarves and banners..

Fountainhead

Jan 31, 2011
Herts
A short history lesson for those amnesiacs with the recall of an Alzheimer sufferer. ( Ernest - you tool)
The idea of one Plymouth supporter gave focus to OUR fledling campaign to rid ourselves of the gruesome twosome. It built momentum. It gained publicity for our plight. It won sympathy and support. Read PASOTI ( if indeed you can read) posters there bemoan the fact that most of their fans think things are 'alright' and the takeover is imminent. Back then, in our darkest hour,we were also sitting there fat, dumb, and maybe not happy, but confident that all would end well. Then Paul Samrah discovered the articles had been changed and the shit storm was started. Brighton fans obviously now have a well developed sense of paranoia and have an urgency that maybe some Plymouth fans have not yet aquired. If we help give them the impetus and the publicity and support all well and good.If it makes no difference - so what - we owe it to them to help anyway. If you dont think that a worthy cause, go support Palace... look at their responses to an NSC poster on their site trying to generate support for Plymouth. We owe Plymouth. But more than that, we, the fans are what football is all about. If we let one die, there WILL be more to follow. Im enjoying being a Brighton fan at the moment, but I will never forget how we fought to get here. Never forget your past. Woodchip I applaud you.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Argus' latest article comments now include a mention. Will need to do something similar every day between now and 23rd though to raise awareness

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Hi Martin*

First of all thank you for everything you have done for the club and for taking the time to read this email.

The reason I am emailing you is because of the situation at Plymouth Argyle, as I'm sure you are aware they are in deep trouble and it looks certain they will fold, which I'm sure sounds like a familiar story.
Being an avid supporter of BHA I am a member of the fans website North Stand Chat, over the last few nights one of the members suggested a fans reunited day down at Home Park which has so far gathered pace and looks like a few fair hundred will be making the trip. Excellent and sympathetic response from Plymouth fans, thanking us for making the effort, even today it was reported that two fans from this brilliant football club made the trip up to Burton Albion in their home shirts and sat with the Argyle fans to cheers of Seagulls.*
You may recall that the original fans united day was suggested by a young Plymouth fan and the general response is that we want to show our support back, fans on North Stand Chat have already pledged to 'Go Green' to the Leeds game as it is on Sky and what better way to show our support.*
I understand we HAVE to get behind Gus and the team but if everyone was prepared to wear their away shirts it could have a really strong message. If there's any suggestions you have or even if there's a way we could ask our fans through the official website or the Liverpool programme to 'Go Green' I am sure Plymouth would appreciate it.

Thank you for your time.

Kinds regards

SWCspider-man

Aug 2, 2011
Brighton
Hope so oh and Woodchip I think everyone owes u a pie and a pint for the commitment! Well done for getting us all involved, proud to belong to this club!

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I actually looked into that as I also liked that idea, but 22,000 flags costing approx £1 each is perhaps a little too much and I wouldn't ask either club to fund it. But if anyone here is a flag maker and fancies donating a few.... lol.

Why don't you contact the Plymouth supporters club and see if a couple of their fans want to come down and bring (or even post) as many of their own banners flags as they can, so they can be put up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here