Nov 11, 2009

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fans re-united date 24th Sep?

What you are doing is amazing - but I fear the date is WRONG. Saturday 8th of October Plymouth are at home to Accrington. 8th October is also another international break so;

THERE ARE NO GAMES FOR PREMIER AND CHAMPIONSHIP CLUBS

If you do it on 24th Sep will you get a few Albion and the odd other team, but many fans will follow their own team who will be playing, and you're competing against a FULL fixture list.

If an event was on 8th Oct, aside the extra 2 weeks publicity time, their are no premier league or championship games that weekend, and I believe this amazing event will receive many more fans from the top 2 divisions teams as they have no games at all.

The Alternative is to have both dates,

fans reunited 1 (24th Sep) and fans re-united 2 on (8th October)....... The scope to get rival fans to 8th Oct being much higher.

Brighton "Go green" V Leeds, should be as much about generating national publicity for the fans re-united events at home park as for showing solidarity

+ if banners at our "go green" game (the best publicity of all) against Leeds, had a date 2 weeks away (8th October), so that people can plan (rather than the very next day - 24th), the media coverage would build interest and momentum over those 2 weeks.

Last edited:

slinky

The Only Way Is Brighton
Jan 19, 2011
BN2

What you are doing is amazing - but I fear the date is WRONG. Saturday 8th of October Plymouth are at home to Accrington. 8th October is also another international break so;

If you do it on 24th Sep will you get a few Albion and the odd other team, but many fans will follow their own team who will be playing, and you're competing against a FULL fixture list.

If an event was on 8th Oct, aside the extra 2 weeks publicity time, their are no premier league or championship games that weekend, and I believe this amazing event will receive many more fans from the top 2 divisions teams as they have no games at all.

fans reunited 1 (24th Sep) and fans re-united 2 on (8th October)....... The scope to get rival fans to 8th Oct being much higher.

Brighton "Go green" V Leeds, should be as much about generating national publicity for the fans re-united events at home park as for showing solidarity

+ if banners at our "go green" game (the best publicity of all) against Leeds, had a date 2 weeks away (8th October), so that people can plan (rather than the very next day - 24th), the media coverage would build interest and momentum over those 2 weeks.

i am liking your thinking sir!!!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As stated on another thread, it looks like being something of a three week event. The 24th was chosen due to the urgency of the situation & the fact PAFC fans fear the club may not exist by the 8th October. But the plan is to offer some kind of support for both dates (& the Go Green Day for our Leeds game).

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol

Whilst I agree that 8th October is a better date, many Plymouth fans think that it could be too late at that point. The 24th may even be, but there's not much we can do about that.

I think the best option is to do as you suggest, with the go green day and the 24th to gain media attention and momentum and build for a massive day on the 8th. Everyone at the first two could take plenty of pictures and these could be posted round other forums to help generate interest.

Fur Cough

I don't do facebook or twitter but have an idea if someone can do it.

Contact the guy who did those ads for insurance as an argyle fan, surely he owes something to them for the "Janners" ads.

If nothing else he could get more exposure than us mere mortals.

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
it should be just brighton going green and whereing green after all it is fan united it should all the teams in the country helping and collecting that would get it on lot more tv and paper outlet i aggree with all of it and collection at all ground if could manager it bye the internet

or maybe ever fan who wants to support the fans united day should go green on the 23rd or 24th at the own match so we get the whole country fans envoled

Last edited:

timsouch

Jul 15, 2011
how about giving a quid or more everyone that wheres green on the day that get lot more money i suppect than just ask for donation.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
I am all up for the idea of wearing green, but I have superstitions for the Albion games (even away when I dont go) and that means wearing the same clothes to games, same jeans, pants, socks and of course the Home kit, If I wear green and we lose, ill blame myself!!

Mar 10, 2006
Personally I think that the Liverpool game would be better. It's a game that will probably have a larger TV audience than the Leeds one and the scousers will probably back it more than the Leeds fans.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Personally I think that the Liverpool game would be better. It's a game that will probably have a larger TV audience than the Leeds one and the scousers will probably back it more than the Leeds fans.

I think we should have banners at both, for definite.

Don't forget we're meeting up at the Lord Nelson tomorrow night at 7. We can discuss fans reunited and go green.

Sent by the power of squirrel poo

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am all up for the idea of wearing green, but I have superstitions for the Albion games (even away when I dont go) and that means wearing the same clothes to games, same jeans, pants, socks and of course the Home kit, If I wear green and we lose, ill blame myself!!

wear blue - wave your away shirt in the air for the cameras :)

just a thought to everyone - don't worry about money - this is just about awareness of the Argyle fans' plight and as such will achieve much more than money ever could.

Brilliant Brighton fans................green balloons..........................loving it :thumbsup:

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Anyone posted on Liverpool.boards yet? I would, but only on my phone and it's hard to post links etc. Otherwise will do later on.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Anyone posted on Liverpool.boards yet? I would, but only on my phone and it's hard to post links etc. Otherwise will do later on.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e

My sister put a message about fans reunited day on red and white kop and e-mailed spirit of shankley

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here